Gaming PCs

AtheK

8 hours ago, Keano said:

240Hz will always be an overkill unless if you want to play competitive FPS games like CS GO, Overwatch, Siege. On the other hand, the difference between 60Hz and 144Hz is significant that you can notice it when playing SP games and even competitive ladder.

1440p/144hz IPS is the sweet spot.

For most games you will never hit 144Hz, but having that high of a refresh rate is good so you can cap FPS to 90 rather than the usual 60fps vsync lock.

Even if you run unlocked you won't face screen tearing because 144hz.

For most games you will never hit 144Hz, but having that high of a refresh rate is good so you can cap FPS to 90 rather than the usual 60fps vsync lock.

True but even consistant 90fps takes a beast gpu for high to ultra quality settings. Atleast a 2060/2060 super or above.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

True but even consistant 90fps takes a beast gpu for high to ultra quality settings. Atleast a 2060/2060 super or above.

Sent from my ASUS_I001DE using Tapatalk

If it was me, I'd pick a 4K ultrawide monitor with good color accuracy, and not prioritize on a monitor with 240 Hz refresh rate or something (unless you want that)

This is dumb. Never do this. Not only this doesn't exist nor there is anything that will actually make full use of it. 

60hz should be min standard. 144hz is very good to have. The difference is huge compared to 60. 144 vs 240 isn't big enough.

As for 1440p, it is good but really up to you. Personally go for standard 60/144hz first then pick a resolution.

Ultrawide is completely different experience. Once you go UW, you can't go back. 

33 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

This is dumb. Never do this. Not only this doesn't exist nor there is anything that will actually make full use of it. 

That is kind of what I said.....

I said pick a good ultrawide, and not run after a 240Hz display or something that normal people would never use. 

You said 'never do this' but then you also advised picking the UW....

Anyway I think even for an ultrawide, the 34" size is the sweet spot. Big enough without getting mad expensive. 

Its well worth the money if you're going to use it. 

39 minutes ago, Joe Cool said:

As for 1440p, it is good but really up to you. Personally go for standard 60/144hz first then pick a resolution.

Also he said he's buying the PC to play games on 4K in his original post. Doesn't that set a minimum benchmark for the resolution he's pushing for?

14 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

yea, this has been my thing since 2016. Every single player game I played on PC has been mostly at 1440p. 

6 hours ago, Chirag2001 said:

Also he said he's buying the PC to play games on 4K in his original post. Doesn't that set a minimum benchmark for the resolution he's pushing for?

he just asked for a good VFM monitor and nothing specific to 4K.

Edited by Keano

• 2 months later...

Hi all, I am looking to get PS5 probably in few years time. But instead if I were to get a PC with better specs than it. It is obviously going to be more expensive. ATM I do not have any PC at home. So I was wondering how often do PC gamer upgrade and how much does it cost ?

2 minutes ago, abcgamer said:

Hi all, I am looking to get PS5 probably in few years time. But instead if I were to get a PC with better specs than it. It is obviously going to be more expensive. ATM I do not have any PC at home. So I was wondering how often do PC gamer upgrade and how much does it cost ?

Upgrading depends on how low you are willing to stoop in dropping settings to get that 60 fps :P

Mostly if you like buy a mid range GPU today for like ~30K and lower you will have to upgrade it in 3 years to keep up with the best graphics and FPS, otherwise live with degraded performance and fiddling with graphics settings because your card is old 

People keep CPU/RAM/Motherboard for around 5-6 years and then upgrade.

Chassis and powersupply don't need to be upgraded usually, and HDD/SSD again depends on your storage needs

Currently a PC to rival PS5 specs will go to like 1.5 lakhs, if you want a PC to compete with the specs  but at a reasonable price better build your PC 2-3 years later.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2020 at 6:18 PM, PhantomShade said:

Upgrading depends on how low you are willing to stoop in dropping settings to get that 60 fps :P

Mostly if you like buy a mid range GPU today for like ~30K and lower you will have to upgrade it in 3 years to keep up with the best graphics and FPS, otherwise live with degraded performance and fiddling with graphics settings because your card is old 

People keep CPU/RAM/Motherboard for around 5-6 years and then upgrade.

Chassis and powersupply don't need to be upgraded usually, and HDD/SSD again depends on your storage needs

Currently a PC to rival PS5 specs will go to like 1.5 lakhs, if you want a PC to compete with the specs  but at a reasonable price better build your PC 2-3 years later.

Thanks for the info. Yes I am not going to wait some years before buying PS5 or a PC. Though having done some research and considering finances I am going to stick with a console

This is my first PC build. Over the years I’ve had semi-gaming PC but nothing serious. I always wanted to build a special PC so here it is. I did through research before buying.

Main focus of this build: To play Dota 2 in 4K at ultra. Just one game. Rest is a little photoshop / website work and stock market.

I assembled it back in March this year.

All the parts were order from Primeabgb. Fantastic company. Great support. Great pricing. (Monitor was purchase from Amazon & GPU locally)

I will be changing the power cables to braided ones later.

This list is below:

CPU:                   AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3rd Gen Desktop Processor

Motherboard:    MSI B450M PRO-VDH MAX AMD B450 Motherboard

Graphics card:  EVGA GTX 1080 Super clocked

CPU Cooler:      Noctua NH-U12S Chromax Pure Black CPU Cooler

Case:                  NZXT H Series H510 Matte White Tempered Glass ATX Mid Tower Case

Ram:                  CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB (16GBx1) DDR4 3000MHz RAM

Storage:            Crucial MX500

RGB Fans:        Corsair ML140 140 mm Premium Magnetic Levitation RGB LED Fan (2 Fans)

SMPS:               600 Watts

Monitor:            LG 27 inch 4K-UHD (3840 x 2160) HDR 10 Monitor

Mice:                 Logitech G102 (Purchased in 2018 from Amazon)

Case is not the best but still the temperatures are acceptable. I am not overclocking. Performance Impressions as follows:

Dota 2 4K ultra settings in 12v12 match I get 120-130 FPS. In heavy team fights it drops to 90 FPS

CPU Temp: Idle – 40. Load – 60.

GPU Temp: Idle – 44. Load – 70 to 80.

If anyone has questions, I can gladly answer them.

IMG-0443.jpg

• Like 3

22 hours ago, dylanjosh said:

Isn't getting an EVGA GPU risky since they dont have presence here? How much did you pay for it? 

PC looks great. I have the same case and use the same purple colour scheme. It shines off the white really well. 

Thanks. I paid 65K. It's not that risky. Quite a few people in India have EVGA. Performance is great & my friend is using it from last 1.5 years no problem.

On 10/31/2019 at 6:48 PM, funnyadit said:

Ordered GPU from MD computers and was packed and delivered well.. Maybe you could try them, dont know about PrimeABGB..

I'd avoid MD computers for now...not hearing good feedback on reddit about them

Edited by Snake

19 minutes ago, dylanjosh said:

Reddit is weird. At one point they hated primeABGB also. 

MD had issues with a CC stealing script on their site

41 minutes ago, Snake said:

MD had issues with a CC stealing script on their site

The current outrage zeitgeist on r/IndianGaming is MD apparently has some f**ked cancellation policy and no returns, and they don't ship on time, or they take your money and say no product in stock,  the refund never appears, CC is either retarded or doesn't respond at all etc etc etc

1 hour ago, dylanjosh said:

Reddit is weird. At one point they hated primeABGB also. 

That sub is made up of salty kids and salty college walas, every 2 weeks there is a trend to sh*t on something, before this it was some over-hyped Asus gamer laptop being launched here with a comedy configuration and inflated price, before that it was kids getting butthurt about people sharing screenshots of their PS4/Switch/Xbox physical game collection etc etc etc.