Gaming PCs

AtheK

10 minutes ago, PhantomShade said:

The current outrage zeitgeist on r/IndianGaming is MD apparently has some f**ked cancellation policy and no returns, and they don't ship on time, or they take your money and say no product in stock,  the refund never appears, CC is either retarded or doesn't respond at all etc etc etc

That sub is made up of salty kids and salty college walas, every 2 weeks there is a trend to sh*t on something, before this it was some over-hyped Asus gamer laptop being launched here with a comedy configuration and inflated price, before that it was kids getting butthurt about people sharing screenshots of their PS4/Switch/Xbox physical game collection etc etc etc.

They do hate on consoles, it's more of a PCMR sub

5 hours ago, PhantomShade said:

The current outrage zeitgeist on r/IndianGaming is MD apparently has some f**ked cancellation policy and no returns, and they don't ship on time, or they take your money and say no product in stock,  the refund never appears, CC is either retarded or doesn't respond at all etc etc etc

That sub is made up of salty kids and salty college walas, every 2 weeks there is a trend to sh*t on something, before this it was some over-hyped Asus gamer laptop being launched here with a comedy configuration and inflated price, before that it was kids getting butthurt about people sharing screenshots of their PS4/Switch/Xbox physical game collection etc etc etc.

You missed the part where they bitch about India not getting good enough peripherals/laptops/you name it. 

Half the stuff is about laptops and its frankly annoying af to see the same discussion crop up every 10 days or so.

Edited by l33tmaniac

On 8/4/2020 at 5:06 PM, PhantomShade said:

I tried getting approved there as a seller but was denied due to no e-commerce shop, even insisted if there’s another way of getting approved but nope.

On 8/4/2020 at 5:06 PM, PhantomShade said:

r/indiangaming?

5 hours ago, Cryptic_8 said:

r/indiangaming?

it should be r/indianPCMR because any console talk there turns into ' why you didn't buy PC for the same money' discussion

So my Logitech G102 right click wasn't working, like literally dead.

Anyway decide to open up the thing.

I see the tiny screws that secure the pcb to the mouse casing have literally melted into rust.

ofcourse in 1.5k products they have to use the cheapest possible pot metal screws in existence, to hinder repair

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRCjF5P2UTK5Uz8zOSgxUF

My old DS4 controller also had the same issue, stopping me from fixing it,

Now i can't fix this either if the mouse click switches actually conk, thankfully right click is working now, miraculously, on the exterior nothing was wrong with the switch so idk what was the issue.

Thanks to this factory of the world and Logitech/Sony and god only knows who else's chindipan i have to source out some drill or dremel with a fine drill bit to drill through these rusted to sh*t screws if necessary :/

Hi Guys, was looking to build a PC for sometime.  What do you think of the below build ? Will it last for the next 2 years (playing games at Full HD is good enough for the time being).  Also, plan to use the below for some software dev work as well, so plan to upgrade the RAM to 32 GB, maybe 1 year down the line & GPU maybe 2-3 years down the line to play games at better resolution.

1. Samsung 860 QVO 1TB SATA 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) (MZ-76Q1T0)

2. Corsair CV650, CV Series

3. Corsair 16 GB Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz C16 XMP 2.0 Desktop Memory - Black

4. AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Desktop Processor 8 Cores up to 4.1GHz 20MB Cache AM4 Socket (YD2700BBAFBOX)

5. ASUS EX-A320M Gaming AMD Motherboard

6. Zotac Gaming GeForce GTX 1660 Twin Fan

7. Cooler master - mid tower cabinet (have a 10 year old one at home, plan to reuse that, assuming the above components can fit in ??)

Let me know what you guys think (mainly if the above parts are compatible) and if the above config is good enough in case I want to upgrade the GPU / RAM in the future. 

Also, do recommend a good UPS that can give a backup of at-least 15-20 mins for the above/similar rig.

Plan to order all the above from amazon.  Might need to either assemble it myself (never did this before, so do let me know if you've some guidance here as well) !

13 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

Hi Guys, was looking to build a PC for sometime.  What do you think of the below build ? Will it last for the next 2 years (playing games at Full HD is good enough for the time being).  Also, plan to use the below for some software dev work as well, so plan to upgrade the RAM to 32 GB, maybe 1 year down the line & GPU maybe 2-3 years down the line to play games at better resolution.

1. Samsung 860 QVO 1TB SATA 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) (MZ-76Q1T0)

2. Corsair CV650, CV Series

3. Corsair 16 GB Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000MHz C16 XMP 2.0 Desktop Memory - Black

4. AMD Ryzen 7 2700 Desktop Processor 8 Cores up to 4.1GHz 20MB Cache AM4 Socket (YD2700BBAFBOX)

5. ASUS EX-A320M Gaming AMD Motherboard

6. Zotac Gaming GeForce GTX 1660 Twin Fan

7. Cooler master - mid tower cabinet (have a 10 year old one at home, plan to reuse that, assuming the above components can fit in ??)

Let me know what you guys think (mainly if the above parts are compatible) and if the above config is good enough in case I want to upgrade the GPU / RAM in the future. 

Also, do recommend a good UPS that can give a backup of at-least 15-20 mins for the above/similar rig.

Plan to order all the above from amazon.  Might need to either assemble it myself (never did this before, so do let me know if you've some guidance here as well) !

QVO is sh*t, if you can't pay the Samsung Tax on the EVO model, get the MX500 from Crucial, 500GB ones go from 5-6k, if you want M2 and NVME there is the Kingston A2000 500GB that goes for about the same.

No idea about PSUs

RAM is good, but get the 3200mhz variant instead, 2x8GB of the same model go for around 6.6k i think.

Swap this for Ryzen 5 3600, 6 cores, 12 threads, 17k, it is more than adequate for now but defeats the 2700 in gaming benchmarks, if you insist on 8c/16t to compete with PS5 specs then increase budget by 10k and get ryzen 7 3700x @ 27k. 

Invest in a quality motherboard like MSI B450 Tomahawk Max @ 12K, or something like the Asus B550 TUF  @ 15K if you can find it 

GTX 1660 Super is what you should go for, most VFM card for 1080p, should come around 21-23k, don't buy base GTX 1660

idk about your cabinet, pre-builts have all what cabinets that are non standard, i'd suggest you get some 3-5k costing cabinet tho, if budget allows.

btw what is your overall budget?

was looking to start around 50k, can extend it some more, if it makes the rig somewhat future proof.  The primary use would be for software dev , with gaming on the side.  

ps: I might buy a macbook pro for my portable computing needs (maybe in a year or year and half), hence not really looking at laptops for now.  

Edited by Ne0

dont mind as long as its available for purchase online on either flipkart / amazon or any othe reputed online vendor ! what's the wattage required ? I've a cx 450 already, will it do ?

Edited by Ne0

2 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

was looking to start around 50k, can extend it some more, if it makes the rig somewhat future proof.  The primary use would be for software dev , with gaming on the side.  

ps: I might buy a macbook pro for my portable computing needs (maybe in a year or year and half), hence not really looking at laptops for now.  

Ryzen 3600 + MSI B450 Tomahawk Max mobo + 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz RAM + 1660 Super is pretty much the default choice for 1080p 60fps for the next 3 years my dude

Now the CPU, Mobo, RAM sticks come for 35-36k, 1660 Super is from 20-23k depending on model, so minimum you will spend 55k on only these 4 component types, add 5-6k more for an SSD, 5-7k for PSU, 3-5K for cabinet.

TLDR it will come to 65K.

4 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

dont mind as long as its available for purchase online on either flipkart / amazon or any othe reputed online vendor ! what's the wattage required ? I've a cx 450 already, will it do ?

https://www.amazon.in/Corsair-Cp-9020121-Uk-Cx550-Bronze-Supply/dp/B06X9BV5PR/ref=pd_lpo_147_t_1/261-9489313-4184142?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B06X9BV5PR&pd_rd_r=66144480-d7ab-404b-b74b-9a06485c6c30&pd_rd_w=HgS9J&pd_rd_wg=54yWy&pf_rd_p=5a903e39-3cff-40f0-9a69-33552e242181&pf_rd_r=71SAX3KYK3W1SK44ZJTJ&psc=1&refRID=71SAX3KYK3W1SK44ZJTJ

I have found this Corsair CX550 powersupply, comes at 5K, should be enough juice for the above config.

• Like 1

^^ just enough would mean, it wont damage the card/other components right :P ? Like I said my current desktop is over 10 year old, i guess the only things i can salvage from it are the cabinet & the psu.  

BTW, Ryzen 3600 + MSI B450 Tomahawk Max mobo + 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz RAM + CX 550 -> will this config hold after 2-3 years when I upgrade the GPU & RAM ?

PS: Also, regarding UPS,  I've a Exide UPS + battery (i think over 1kva) for my home, is it good enought for the PC as well ? I see my TV sometimes reboots when power goes off, can't afford that to happen with my desktop.

Edited by Ne0

1 hour ago, Ne0 said:

just enough would mean, it wont damage the card/other components right

It shouldn't but if you're feeling unsafe then get a new one. 

But if you're buying a new PSU then go for 650W. Obviously we cant tell the future but IMO if you go for 550W you'll be "on the border" again and will find yourself handicapped when upgrading.