Gaming PCs

AtheK

2 hours ago, Ne0 said:

^^ just enough would mean, it wont damage the card/other components right :P ? Like I said my current desktop is over 10 year old, i guess the only things i can salvage from it are the cabinet & the psu.  

BTW, Ryzen 3600 + MSI B450 Tomahawk Max mobo + 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz RAM + CX 550 -> will this config hold after 2-3 years when I upgrade the GPU & RAM ?

PS: Also, regarding UPS,  I've a Exide UPS + battery (i think over 1kva) for my home, is it good enought for the PC as well ? I see my TV sometimes reboots when power goes off, can't afford that to happen with my desktop.

Yes it will, cpu mobo ram combos last 5 years before showing their age.

Not sure about the UPS, certain PSUs don't accept simulated sine wave electricity afaik

7 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

Noted, any inputs on ups and assembly of pc ? If it easy enuf to do on our own ? Also, do I need to buy any cooling related stuff for the above-mentioned config ?

Yes you can do it on your own, and the ryzen 3600 comes with a cooler + fan in the box so you don't need to buy anything extra :)

51 minutes ago, Ne0 said:

Noted, any inputs on ups and assembly of pc ? If it easy enuf to do on our own ? Also, do I need to buy any cooling related stuff for the above-mentioned config ?

On the ups front get a dedicated UPS for the pc because if the TV reboots then there's probably a micro delay. I have a Sukam home ups (850va) and use two APC UPS for both my PCs (one ups per PC) because of a similar issue with the TV rebooting. So it's mains to home ups to dedicated UPS. Somewhat like a double failsafe. So even if the home one has a delay the APCs negate it since they kick in first. Been running this setup for a good 5 years now.

Edited by Walker

8 hours ago, Walker said:

On the ups front get a dedicated UPS for the pc because if the TV reboots then there's probably a micro delay. I have a Sukam home ups (850va) and use two APC UPS for both my PCs (one ups per PC) because of a similar issue with the TV rebooting. So it's mains to home ups to dedicated UPS. Somewhat like a double failsafe. So even if the home one has a delay the APCs negate it since they kick in first. Been running this setup for a good 5 years now.

thanks, can you let me know the model of the apc ups you're using ? 

Also, I see that this mobo -> MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX Gaming Motherboard, doesn't support wifi , don't see it in the description .  Can you recommend something with wifi support ? Don't think i can pull in the ethernet cable to my room.

BX1100C is the model for the APC.

On the Mobo front you can look at the Aorus range from Gigabyte with the B450 chipset. I think it's the B450 Aorus Pro that has wifi.

Edit - https://www.gigabyte.com/in/Motherboard/B450-AORUS-PRO-WIFI-rev-10#kf

Edited by Walker

thanks, but looks like this asrock mobo doesn't support wifi either ! wifi is kinda like a must have for me , as my router is in the living room and can't really get the ethernet cable all the way to my study :-/

Apart form the one Aorus range from Gigabyte, anything else that comes with wifi support ? Just checking multiple options before zeroing in on one.

Edited by Ne0

thaks for that, looks like it makes sense to invest in one of those in that case .... but , its 2020 and still wifi on desktops is not a regular feature :-/ what's up with that !

Edited by Ne0

1 minute ago, Ne0 said:

thaks for that, looks like it makes sense to invest in one of those in that case .... but , its 2020 and still wifi on desktops is not a regular feature :-/ what's up with that !

Most people don't use wifi on desktop, just wired.

If people would, the wifi wala motherboards would sell more than the normal ones, and they'd make wifi standard on all motherboards

3 minutes ago, Walker said:

Doesn't one of the under 20k MSI B450 boards have wifi? I thought I remembered seeing one when I was searching a few weeks back.

yes they do, it's called carbon black something.

costed 12k in March before corona kand

costs 15-17k now in August :rofl:

OT but i was checking out normal laptops also, you know 1080p IPS 15inch screen, intel processor with igpu only, 8gb ram, standard stuff.

all of these laptops start at 65k :furious:

2 hours ago, adity said:

I got a 1080p one with and dedicated gpu an year or so back for 48k. It's still trash though. Gaming laptops suck.

Battery life will be really bad after a year or two, and most are two heavy to lug around from place to place. 

Wouldn't say gaming laptops is the way to go, unless perhaps the MaxQ tech ones (Zephryus line-up) from Asus. The G14 is the model if I'm not wrong, retails near the 1L mark. 

550W is more than enough. But if you plan to upgrade to high-end later, you are better off with 600-750W. Otherwise not needed. 

Most PC users don't bother with wi-fi on motherboard as most are connected directly. Kinda weird to run PC on wifi. 

That said you can always buy a wifi adapter. Probably cheaper than wi-fi motherboard. 

woah, lot of the components are marked currently unavailable :( 

Just checked the cooler master page on amazon, and none of the cabinets are available : https://www.amazon.in/stores/page/EED0A57C-2975-4A0B-BB38-A9D8F5071121?ingress=2&visitId=109ba60d-4d2f-4ae7-a86e-a8b92c917be9&ref_=ast_bln

So, I guess the ones sold by other vendors are price jacked ?