Gaming PCs

AtheK

@tridentHawk, you can check out sony vaio , there's a laptop costing 49k, comes with 5650 1GB ATI card, i3 processor, Full HD screen and 4GB RAM. I think you can play most of the current games at moderate settings.

These days I wonder though, which company is better in terms of build quality and after sales support..

All my friends who have Acer, Sony or HP say that the after sales sucks and it is very hard to get anything done.. There are chances that you might get something fixed quickly by fluke otherwise most of these companies' service center guys just keep sitting on the notebooks and many times return it without actually doing anything and take a lot of time if it needs to be replaced..

In that perspective I feel these days there are only 2 companies in India that you can rely on.. 1 is Apple and 2nd is Dell.. Dell may not be top of the line but atleast their after sales service is good plus you dont need to keep making visits to any service center as it is on site..

hey guys...i relocated to Bangalore a week back...in Koramangla, bang opposite the Forum Mall...add me to the list of the folks here..

and hey where do i get to buy a PC? i mean equivalent of Nehru Place in Delhi/Ritchie Street in Chennai...i need one either assembled or OEM...bitten badly by the WOW bug...currently thumping away on my 1005ha netbook and 1MBPS airtel B)

^ Its very close by to the City Market... Sorry but I don't know how to guide you from those landmarks... But you can find it easily from either the City Market or the Town Hall...

Edit - Try Google Maps... Its pretty accurate B)

Edited by Dark_Knight

• 2 weeks later...

Need help deciding on a new gaming rig. I have a Budget of 55k and I can't decide between a M15x or a configured desktop. A friend is coming back from the US so I can ask her to get the M15x along with her. Will there be any warranty/customs issues with that? Or I can configure a desktop. What is a better option?

i5+p55 (15.5k)

5850 (15k)

4GB Ram (4-5k)

Any decent PSU (not sure on this)

CM cabinet (around 2.5k)

500GB HDD (around 4k)

Its just approximate price and I might be wrong.

The price of an internal 500GB hard drive (WD/Seagate) is around 2300rs only..

Edited by V!n@Y

Ya but can someone suggest a configuration so that I can compare it to the M15x. Also i don't need a monitor or speakers.

Check out the PC Buying guide on TE .. You can mix and match components from the High End Gaming - 80k rig and the Mid End Gaming - 66k rig, and you will def end up with a superb rig for your price point. :scratchchin:

You can get Win 7 Home Premium for Rs. 5675 here..!!.. Guess you can get a student discount also, only if you are a student though :wOOtjumpy: ..

Get all the hardware from Nehru Place and go through Youtube vids for assembling guides etc.. And dive into your first experience tinkering with the hardware.. :wOOtjumpy: