Gaming PCs

AtheK

Is assembling a PC this easy?

Also I checked out the techenclave configs and this is what I'm leaning towards:

Processor Core i - 5 750(2.66Ghz, 4 cores)

Motherboard - MSI P55 GD-65

RAM - Gskill F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL/ 2*2GB 1600MHz DDR3 9-9-9-24

HDD - Already have a 500 gb WD so will probably re-use that.

CPU Cooler - ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 92mm

GPU Sapphire HD5850 1GB GDDR5

Monitor - Using a 19 inch viewsonic on which I already have

Cabinet - No Idea

PSU/SMPS - Corsair VX550

Key Board - Razer Arctosa

Mouse - Have Razer Death Adder

ODD - Any samsung one.

Will go to Nehru Place tomorrow and check out the prices.

The only doubt I have is whether I should assemble it myself or hire someone to do it.

Is assembling a PC this easy?

Also I checked out the techenclave configs and this is what I'm leaning towards:

Processor Core i - 5 750(2.66Ghz, 4 cores)

Motherboard - MSI P55 GD-65

RAM - Gskill F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL/ 2*2GB 1600MHz DDR3 9-9-9-24

HDD - Already have a 500 gb WD so will probably re-use that.

CPU Cooler - ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 92mm

GPU Sapphire HD5850 1GB GDDR5

Monitor - Using a 19 inch viewsonic on which I already have

Cabinet - No Idea

PSU/SMPS - Corsair VX550

Key Board - Razer Arctosa

Mouse - Have Razer Death Adder

ODD - Any samsung one.

Will go to Nehru Place tomorrow and check out the prices.

The only doubt I have is whether I should assemble it myself or hire someone to do it.

:thumbsup:

Also you might be able to get HX650/HX620 for a bit more cash.. Would suggest them for the modular power supply.. :nono: .. Otherwise I guess you are good to go.. :wOOtjumpy: ..

And assembling a system is no biggie.. The irritating part is cable management :happydance: .. If you aren't confident, then look out for another person to do it for you.. Once you will see it getting assembled, you will never forget..!! :dance:

Okay so I finally went to Nehru Place and this is what im think of getting with prices.

i-5 750 + intel p55 TC - 15000

or

i-5 750 + intel p55 HC - 15300

Sapphire 5850HD - 16300

2*2GB 1600 MHz G-Skill Ram - 6900

PSU - Coolmaster 550 - 5800

Monitor - Benq 2220HD - 7500

Cool Master Cabinet - 1800

Windows 7 Ultimate - 6500

ODD - 1k

Edited by Infinity091

Dell Studio XPS 7100 Desktop (T240531IN8)

Studio XPS 7100 Base, Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64bit Edition (English)

Unit Price: Rs.62,736.70

Inclusive of all taxes. Delivery charges extra.

BUILD MY DELL

Processor

AMD Phenom™ II X6 1035T Processor (2.6GHz,9MB,6C)

Operating System

Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium 64bit Edition (English) edit

Software

Microsoft® Office Starter 2010 edit

Dell Services: Hardware Maintenance

1-year XPS Premier Service with 1-year CompleteCover edit

Security Software

McAfee® Security Center 11 (Multi Language) - 30 days edit

Monitor

Dell™ ST2210 21.5” Full HD Widescreen Monitor edit

Memory

6GB (2x2GB/2x1GB) DDR3 SDRAM 1333MHz Memory edit

Hard Drive

750GB SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive with Native Command Queuing edit

2nd Hard Drive

None edit

Optical Drive

Single Drive:16X DVD+/-RW with Dual Layer Write edit

Video Card

1GB ATI Radeon™ HD 5870 Graphics edit

Sound Card

Integrated high definition 7.1 channel audio with THX® TruStudio PC™ edit

ACCESSORISE MY DELL

Speakers

Dell™ 2.1 Multimedia Desktop Speaker System edit

Keyboard

Dell™ Wireless Desktop Keyboard and Mouse (English) edit

Mouse

Wireless Mouse is included in Dell™ Consumer Wireless Keyboard and Mouse edit

Modem

No Modem included edit

Wireless Solution

None edit

TV Tuner

None edit

PROTECT MY DELL

Dell Services: Installation, Education and More

None edit

Dell Services: Dell Remote Access

Dell Remote Access, free basic service edit

Dell Services: Datasafe Backup Service

1 Year Dell Online Backup 2GB edit

Is it worth ?

Need help deciding on a new gaming rig. I have a Budget of 55k and I can't decide between a M15x or a configured desktop. A friend is coming back from the US so I can ask her to get the M15x along with her. Will there be any warranty/customs issues with that? Or I can configure a desktop. What is a better option?

Dude my only question is-Where the heck is M15x listed for 55k in US?All ive seen is above 1700$.IF what you say is true can you please provide me a link cause a friend was also planning to get it from the US.

:wOOtjumpy:

Infinity, if you want heavy duty gaming, and cost is a concern, seriously just go with a desktop. You can always get a better-performing desktop at the same price as a decent laptop. Besides you can upgrade. You might be able to put together that dell config at a much lower price if you tried sourcing the parts and building it yourself. And get yourself an OEM copy of windows for much less. I did that with Vista but don't know whether that's available in Windows 7.

Infinity, if you want heavy duty gaming, and cost is a concern, seriously just go with a desktop. You can always get a better-performing desktop at the same price as a decent laptop. Besides you can upgrade. You might be able to put together that dell config at a much lower price if you tried sourcing the parts and building it yourself. And get yourself an OEM copy of windows for much less. I did that with Vista but don't know whether that's available in Windows 7.

What the man said..!!..

Definitely makes sense in assembling, unless you want the Dell logo.. :P .. Way cheaper and you get the freedom to tinker with it whenever you want, whether upgrading, downgrading, installing cooling mods.. Whateva..!! :fear:

And OEM copies for Win 7 are easily available on Newegg and Amazon.. Win 7 Ultimate 32/64 bit retails for 174$ ~ 8k INR, whereas a FFP/Retail copy goes for 9,075 INR on the Microsoft India Store..

You can also try an alternative method which involves downloading the LEGIT copy of Win 7 x86/x64 from official MS servers and trying it for 30 days (120 days if you use the rearm method) .. Meanwhile you can search online for somebody selling a cheap OEM key and use it activate your copy..!! :rofl:

Further details for this method is available on Notebookreview - Legal Win 7 download links..!! ..

Edited by F@tm@n

What the man said..!!..

Definitely makes sense in assembling, unless you want the Dell logo.. :P .. Way cheaper and you get the freedom to tinker with it whenever you want, whether upgrading, downgrading, installing cooling mods.. Whateva..!! :(

And OEM copies for Win 7 are easily available on Newegg and Amazon.. Win 7 Ultimate 32/64 bit retails for 174$ ~ 8k INR, whereas a FFP/Retail copy goes for 9,075 INR on the Microsoft India Store..

You can also try an alternative method which involves downloading the LEGIT copy of Win 7 x86/x64 from official MS servers and trying it for 30 days (120 days if you use the rearm method) .. Meanwhile you can search online for somebody selling a cheap OEM key and use it activate your copy..!! :D

Further details for this method is available on Notebookreview - Legal Win 7 download links..!! ..

I checked prices in nehru place .... dell is turning out cheaper :huh:

Sure, if it avoids a hassle then do go for the dell. At just 2k difference and a better graphic card, maybe you should go for the Dell.

Okay so i placed an order on the site and it didn't ask me for a credit card number or anything. How does ordering a Dell work?

AFAIR, it generates an ID code.. And within 24 (or 48) hours, a DELL rep will contact you regarding your order.. I guess you can try negotiating with him/her then.. :boxing: .. When your order is confirmed, you send the money via DD or such..!! :gunsmilie:

Edited by F@tm@n