Gaming PCs

AtheK

You are asking a bit too much to get all that under 35k. Esp with 3D and Direct X 11. The only cards to do DX 11 properly ATM are all 15k or above. And you will most probably need an SLI setup to do 3D at high resolution/settings.

Otherwise you can build a pretty solid rig for 35k.

hmm..i guess i will have to forget 3d then..can someone gimme the best i can get for the price i have mentioned (35k)

I am building a rig ...for home and casual gaming ( pes , fifa , nfs series , gta series , prince series) ...I won't buy a graphics card right away (will wait till pes fifa/pes games till october) .. I also need a 22" + lcd full hd monitor for both ps3 and pc ... Considering I don't wanna go for hd gaming right away ( lower res is fine for the time being ) , I thought amd would be the way to go as its motherboard has onboard ati 4200 series graphics card.

Please suggest if the following build that I have in mind is okay or I can do better . I don't wanna go all out for a very high end gaming pc as I travel frequently and would be buying a high end laptop in coming months. So , thats why I am restricting myself to a budget (around 20k excluding monitor ) not to go overboard (which would be an overkill for me ) :-

Appx Pricing ( I may be wrong)

1) Amd X4 955 BE -- 7900

2) Gigabyte amd 785 motherboard - 4100

3) 2 Gb ddr2 1333 mhz ram corsair or kingston- 2800

4) 500 gig hard disk seagate - 2200

5) cabinet +psu - 4000 (suggest me which )

6) keyboard + mouse - not more than 1000

Total - 22,000

+ monitor - around 10-12 k ...

Feedback and suggestions will be appreciated !

Edited by ps3geek

@sam, usually those games might suffer frame drops here and there, but not something that you can't play and in case it crashes to desktop, sometimes you have to tinker with AA settings.

I am building a rig ...for home and casual gaming ( pes , fifa , nfs series , gta series , prince series) ...I won't buy a graphics card right away (will wait till pes fifa/pes games till october) .. I also need a 22" + lcd full hd monitor for both ps3 and pc ... Considering I don't wanna go for hd gaming right away ( lower res is fine for the time being ) , I thought amd would be the way to go as its motherboard has onboard ati 4200 series graphics card.

Please suggest if the following build that I have in mind is okay or I can do better . I don't wanna go all out for a very high end gaming pc as I travel frequently and would be buying a high end laptop in coming months. So , thats why I am restricting myself to a budget (around 20k excluding monitor ) not to go overboard (which would be an overkill for me ) :-

Appx Pricing ( I may be wrong)

1) Amd X4 955 BE -- 7900

2) Gigabyte amd 785 motherboard - 4100

3) 2 Gb ddr2 1333 mhz ram corsair or kingston- 2800

4) 500 gig hard disk seagate - 2200

5) cabinet +psu - 4000 (suggest me which )

6) keyboard + mouse - not more than 1000

Total - 22,000

+ monitor - around 10-12 k ...

Feedback and suggestions will be appreciated !

bro, I have had a very bad experience with cheap PSU ...they spoiled my graphic card ka some parts and i did not veen got any warranty on that coz they said the PSU has blown the capictors for which we are not responsible .....so try to buy a very good brand PSU and one more thing a suggestion try to see if you can go for a expensive cabinet something like coolermster haf series and others coz in long run also you can use them when you decide to upgrade your config in future.

I didn't know there was a such a thing till I entered this thread today.

peace

:lol:

Crashes and framerate issues with some games, no PhysX, no 3D. So call me crazy, but Nvidia's looking quite good to me.

peace

why call you crazy, 460 is THE card to get right now....

wait for the ASUS brand to come, we have used Zotac cards they are good,not phenomenoal but good, and with 3 yr warranty you are pretty much covered...

also one of the biggest self proclaimed ATI fanoboy abloos, he bought a 5870 to replace it with 470 in less then a week, citing the reason he can overclock it to 480, and wat about the heat and VFM, all that gone for a toss..

and to top it up he was using 260 GTX before that, one of a kind of a fanboy i have seen...tell the world buy ATI but use nv themselves :P

wait for the ASUS brand to come, we have used Zotac cards they are good,not phenomenoal but good, and with 3 yr warranty you are pretty much covered...

also one of the biggest self proclaimed ATI fanoboy abloos, he bought a 5870 to replace it with 470 in less then a week, citing the reason he can overclock it to 480, and wat about the heat and VFM, all that gone for a toss..

and to top it up he was using 260 GTX before that, one of a kind of a fanboy i have seen...tell the world buy ATI but use nv themselves :P

woh kya hai athek bhai..woh competition chalo rakhna chatha hai ..taki price control mein rahe.... :giggle:

^^aur khud kuch aur le, isko stupidity bolte hian bhai :P

If you are so vocal of your support, show it....yeh to wahi baat ho gai ki MT itne post yahan like, aur khud XBOX le bhi na...

:rofl:

bro, I have had a very bad experience with cheap PSU ...they spoiled my graphic card ka some parts and i did not veen got any warranty on that coz they said the PSU has blown the capictors for which we are not responsible .....so try to buy a very good brand PSU and one more thing a suggestion try to see if you can  go for a expensive cabinet something like coolermster haf series and others coz in long run also you can use them when you decide to upgrade your config in future.

I know bro that psu is very important . So I've also been suggested this -

Cabinet NZXT Gamma/ CM Elite 3xx 2100

PSU/SMPS Corsair cX 400 2700

Regarding rest of the specs I posted,also wanna  know whether the cpu is okay for me ?

I know bro that psu is very important . So I've also been suggested this -

Cabinet NZXT Gamma/ CM Elite 3xx 2100

PSU/SMPS Corsair cX 400 2700

Regarding rest of the specs I posted,also wanna know whether the cpu is okay for me ?

corsair is a goodbrand...so you have covered the psu part now for cabinet as i have already adviced something like this check out here

abt cpu well i really dont know much abt it..amanwa and other experts here can give better advice on that... :good:

also one more thing...2gb ram looks enough for sure and works well but try to see if you can increase the ram too...for some reason i find 2gb ram not fast but not slow too just close to normal speed.

Edited by playstation

I prefer ATi because I've had less issues with them.

I used to believe so , but the Drivers and compatiblity issues with my card after they have launched 58xx series had made me think otherwise.My next card is gonna be a Nvidia and most probably GT460 or something similar .

I have decided to increase my budget by another 10k..so that a total of 45k to spend only on the CPU..Now i want a config that will last for the next 2 years and will support Dx11 and 3D..can someone please suggest a good rig with that budget?? I have been asking this since the last two pages and no one even cared to reply.. :angry: