AtheK

COOLER MASTER EXTREME 600W POWER SUPPLY

Cooler Master Elite RC 310 Case

Corsair XMS2 2x2GB DDR2 800MHz Desktop Memory

ABIT IP35-E MOTHERBOARD

INTEL CORE 2 DUO E8400

Power Color HD 4890 1 GB DDR5

is this config any good ? :O

my cousin wants to build a gaming pc.. his budget is around 35k and he has no ps360 :P

Corsair 550W Power Supply (VX550W)

Cooler Master Elite RC 310 Case

Corsair XMS2 2x2GB DDR2 800MHz Desktop Memory

ABIT IP35-E MOTHERBOARD

INTEL CORE 2 DUO E8400

Power Color HD 4870 1 GB DDR5

replaced that bad psu with a corsair psu.. and replaced 4890 with 4870.. so is this final config good ? :fear:

Why the heck you want the IP35E board? price constraints?

Wait for P55... or Go AMD...

Biostar TA790GXB - 4.5k

AMD Phenom II X2 550 - 5.4k --> Killer VFM combo

Transcend 2 x 2GB DDR2 800MHz - 2.2k --> This one enough unless your cousin wants OC or just blab about.

Palit GTX 260 Core 216 Sonic - 11k --> Get this... :fear:...

CoolerMaster 590 - 3.8k

Corsair VX 550W - 5.8k

Seagate 7200.12 500GB SATAII - 2.8k

Why the heck you want the IP35E board? price constraints?

Wait for P55... or Go AMD...

Biostar TA790GXB - 4.5k

AMD Phenom II X2 550 - 5.4k --> Killer VFM combo

Transcend 2 x 2GB DDR2 800MHz - 2.2k --> This one enough unless your cousin wants OC or just blab about.

Palit GTX 260 Core 216 Sonic - 11k --> Get this... :D...

CoolerMaster 590 - 3.8k

Corsair VX 550W - 5.8k

Seagate 7200.12 500GB SATAII - 2.8k

p55 is tooo expensive right now ,

amd 550 proc is awesum vfm

get a sapphire 4870 512mb for around 9k

cooler master 600w isnt a bad smps , go for it

Edited by Jason Bourne 009

Get a Dell 22" IPS monitor. That will set you back about 15k. For the other 40k you can build a pretty decent rig around a Quad core + 4870/GTX 260.

Something like this should do you nicely.

Gigabyte mobo

Quad Core Q8400

4GB RAM

GTX 260

1TB HDD

Any decent cabinet for about 1-2k

450W SMPS should be enough

DVD writer

Any decent keyboard for 500Rs

Logitech MX518 (Best mouse for under 1.5k)

SMPS - 450 W with 260 GTX + Q8400 will royally f**k the video caard and SMPS itself...go for a higher end SMPS and please go for a decent Cabinet atleasst a cheapest Coolermaster, too much heat with 8400 + GTX 260

Get a Gigabyte EP-45-DS3R Motherboard. That way you can choose to install Mac OS X on the setup suggested by Aftrunner if you want to. And yeah, a 550W SMPS should suffice for that configuration.

I burnt a new Seagate 500 GB 7200.12 HDD on my older setup which already had a 6800GT with 3 pin power + 2 HDDs + DVD Writer last week. Got it replaced for free though :naughty:

Any cheapo cabinet with an extra fan on the side and some air holes should be fine. The only thing you should look for in a cabinet is space and good airflow. Spending anything more than 2k on a cabinet is a wast IMO.

As far as SMPS is concerned I guess something larger wouldn't hurt. 550 should be more than enough. Price difference isnt more than 1k. So go for it.

Ok so a couple of questions. I have heard that the prices will fall by quiet a bit next month ( esp the cpu and gpu) is this true? Should I wait?

And realistically speaking is there a big enough difference between the duo and the quad core to justify the price difference.

And one final question, will this config last me the next 3 years without requiring a major upgrade?

Ok so a couple of questions. I have heard that the prices will fall by quiet a bit next month ( esp the cpu and gpu) is this true? Should I wait?

And realistically speaking is there a big enough difference between the duo and the quad core to justify the price difference.

And one final question, will this config last me the next 3 years without requiring a major upgrade?

hold on till i5 and directx 11 (nvidia) cards release....thats what I've been told. I think its best to buy somewhere in jan 2010, the gfx card costs should be normalized by then.

Edited by ..Billy..