Processor: AMD Phenom II X2 550 - 5.2k or Athlon II X4 620 - 5.3k

Motherboard: Biostar TA790GXB A3+ - 6k

RAM: Transcend 2GB DDRIII 1333MHz - 2.5k

GPU: Sapphire 4870 512MB DDR5 9k

HDD: Seagate 500GB SATAII 7200.12 series- 2.4k

Cabinet: CM Elite 334 - 2.2k

SMPS: Gigabyte Superb 460W - 2.2k

Optical Drive: L.G. GH22NS30 SATA/Samsung SH-S22F SATA - 1.1k

This rig will play any game released to date on high. And it will outperform both the consoles with ease.

As far as waiting till DX 11 goes its a bit pointless because

a. DX 11 hardware is/will be expensive

b. Not enough DX 11 exclusive games/benefits in normal games of DX 11 to justify the price. In fact I cant think of one single DX 11 exclusive game.

Edited by Aftrunner

it is quite possible....me too making something like that...but my aim is to try to play almost all games in that 3 years to play max....

all the configs given by m-heri,afty are interesting and practical....it is quite pratical if you see....i tried to achieve as i said high -end pc with my budget of 35000 and i dont wanna say anything further..... :nerves: ...little hope is still there.... :samui:

nemo bro, all the best and right decision...it will save a lot of money and the best thing if you dont have a personal tv.

dude add i think u shld add another 10k to the budget n look at an amd processor n u shall have your hopes delivered

meaning they will be expensive ;)

so like is the DX 11 a necessity to play upcoming games ?? upcoming as in coming 2 years maximum.

I think the 5750/5770 are around the Rs. 10k mark. Though if you want absolute top of the end you could go for the 5800 series. The 5850 will sell sub-$300 in the states which is quite cheap considering that I paid nearly Rs. 30k for my card back when it was just released and I was building the system.

I, meanwhile, shall have to battle the next 2 years with my 8800GTX. Then I'll leave the system to my parents (who'll no doubt make it last another 10 years :panic:) and I'll run away. :P

• 2 weeks later...

HI all,

well started building my 3 year-gaming pc....

for starting bought

haf922

tagan 800w

8800gts

thanks to all and specially amanwa for replying to my queries whenever i pm'ed him. :P

and guess what guys i found my bill for 8600gt that had gone bad i took it to zebronic service center...they refused to see it coz they said capacitor all gone coz of bad smps....well i got to agree that i was using a bad smps ...so would suggest you guys to use a good brand smps coz if capacitors gone coz of smps they may not see your gfx or any other stuff....

also i have few queries...how to i take care of this gfx..the thing is my pc is usually on for downloading in the night and since the the monitor is connected to gfx the gfx is also running .....i tried connecting it to my motherboards inbuilt display port but it would than nothing would show in the monitor but when i removed the gfx from motherboard the inbuilt display of the motherboard was working....i cannot remove gfx everynight and put it back when using it for gaming...is there any other way?? also what power management option is best so as to consume the least power when keeping the pc on for downloading??

lol don't keep removing GPU, it will just run at lowest power anyway :threatenlumber:

As for GFX card earlier i have been emphasizing forever, that your video card will run on lower PSU power, but it will gradually die and would never perform on par, and now it seems wont be covered in warranty too....but some smart a*s think they are too clever and give gyaan that na my system works on XYZ PSU...

lol don't keep removing GPU, it will just run at lowest power anyway ;)

As for GFX card earlier i have been emphasizing forever, that your video card will run on lower PSU power, but it will gradually die and would never perform on par, and now it seems wont be covered in warranty too....but some smart a*s think they are too clever and give gyaan that na my system works on XYZ PSU...

thanks amanwa :)

you were so right abt using a good brand psu...it gradually did kill my 8600gt. :hug:

it was more directed to some other guys on the forums and not to you :nerves:

i know bro...the thing is u also told me not to use local psu many times and i always know you were giving a good advice...but i could not buy a brand one that time(i even told u my prob that time)....I would still say to all who are using local psu on a high end gfx card....aman is right yaar...mat kar yaar...you wont even get warranty they just saw my card and in 2 mins he said Sir we cannot check your card you see all the capacitors has been bust out coz of using a bad psu(high aur low voltage ke vajha se...)..i even went to his superior office but same thing...par baat nahi bana.....mera Rs 5000 ka phatka lag gaya.... ;) ...

• 2 weeks later...

hi all, a while ago i asked a gaming pc budget for 30k and got some nice answers, well i presented the same thing to the powers that be (parents) and turns out i was aiming for stars.

Now, they are willing to give money, yes.. but a penny not more than 20,000. So, is it possible to build a game-able rig for that amount ??

First read the requirements-

I would be needing (rest ALL i have)-

Processor

Motherboard

RAM

GPU

HDD

SMPS

also, like i posted before i don't need any high end stuff, i mainly want the pc to play Mass effect (1 & 2), SC Conviction and STALKER from the next gen games. I would be satisfied if ME2 and SC look as good (if not better) than their brothers on the 360.

So, is it possible ?

Capn' Nemo, methinks ye should wait for some more time (like maybe till your next birthday or maybe another half year). Yeah, parents can be like that sometimes. But seriously I don't think you should go for a gaming rig on such a strict budget.

Are you reusing any parts btw?? Like monitor, speakers etc...

yeah, i will be reusing parts. i hav a lcd monitor, a 3 month old dvd writer, a wooden 5.1 sound system (not sure about the make but its got a wood exterior so i take it as good) and a decent cab.

so there is like no hope in that budget ?? even when, like i said i only require

Processor

Motherboard

RAM

GPU

HDD

SMPS

:|

it wont be the main gaming rig, i wud be using the ps3 for that, just ME ME2, STALKER and SC. these are the only non ps titles i have an interest. i'd be happy if they are as good as the 360.

also i was looking to upgrade the pc, this junk is like 7 yrs old :O cant play even sands of time on it

Edited by Nemo

yeah, i will be reusing parts. i hav a lcd monitor, a 3 month old dvd writer, a wooden 5.1 sound system (not sure about the make but its got a wood exterior so i take it as good) and a decent cab.

so there is like no hope in that budget ?? even when, like i said i only require

Processor

Motherboard

RAM

GPU

HDD

SMPS

:|

it wont be the main gaming rig, i wud be using the ps3 for that, just ME ME2, STALKER and SC. these are the only non ps titles i have an interest. i'd be happy if they are as good as the 360.

also i was looking to upgrade the pc, this junk is like 7 yrs old :fear: cant play even sands of time on it

Athlon II X4 620 @ 5.3k. ( its a quad core)

MSI 785GM-E51 AM3 DDR3 @ 4.6k

2GB Transcend DDR 3 -1333 MHZ @2.6k

Gigabyte Superb 460w @ 2.1k

Sapphure HD4850 512 mb -- 6.9k

total--> 21.5 k

its 1.5 k overbudget but you can offset that by getting the gpu secondhand as many people are selling it to get 58xx series cards .But those cards are overkill for ur need and budget.

For better advice or more choices create a thread here -- http://www.techenclave.com/pc-peripherals/

in this format --http://www.techenclave.com/pc-peripherals/template-what-should-i-buy-use-143714.html

Also Nemo, a PC for 20k will be inferior than your PS3. Save the money or better buy a good 5.1 speaker system for the same price for your PS3 and enhance your gaming experience.

please refrain from posting , when some1 is asking for advice and you dont know sh*t about .

The config I have posted is superior to ps3 and has components that are'nt even cutting edge.

Nemo as I said go post abt it in techenclave and do lil bit more research and decide for urself .But I think 20k is very decent budget for gaming as most of the games being console ports come with hidden advantage of requiring very low resources and ur rig while not being state of art it will last more than 2-3 years which was not the case earlier.

Ask afty ,tyler, or helio , all of them have 8800 series cards which 3 years old and still going strong .

no hope at that price bro, unless you want something that's already obsolete

again gaurav , not everyone needs an intel i7 and gtx295 or 5970 for that matter .. :(:cry:

Edited by john117

again gaurav , not everyone needs an intel i7 and gtx295 or 5970 for that matter .. :cry::fear:

What's up with you? Got up on the wrong side of the bed? You'd know that I don't advocate throwing down on the latest and best hardware if you ever read my posts on previous pages.

I'm not saying obsolete as in NON-USABLE... I meant non-upgradeable. Problem with me is that when getting a new pc i always think "future upgradability" rather than "just working is enough".

Know that I'm still using my 6750 + 8800 GTX config and its running pretty good and going great even now. What I'm saying is he doesn't need to go buy immediately when there's a whole new wave of stuff bound to release on the newer platforms. Then he take his time and decided which processor maker and more specifically which socket to go for etc.

But there's another thing, somehow if he's anyway gonna use this only as a basic rig, he might as well get 3gb or 4gb of DDR2 rather than 2gb of DDR3 for now and get a motherboard that only supports this.

EDIT: I gotta say though, that AMD processor you've included is a nice find.

And for your record, I said NO to a free Q8650 processor from my sis-in-law cos I didn't really need it (also cos my dad would have scolded me like hell if I'd said yes :( )

Edited by Gaurav - Solitaire