Paradox will gift games and DLCs to everyone who purchased any Paradox product between May 17 and today

Hello people, 

Here’s the latest on the price roll-back. Sorry for the wait, as you might imagine this is a somewhat complicated process so thank you for your patience whilst we sorted this out:

Prices on all Paradox products, in all currencies except USD (since USD prices were not changed), have reverted back to their pre-increase levels as of today. Additionally, now the price rollback has been completed prices will be frozen for a period of three months.

After exploring options with our sales partners, we’ve come to the conclusion that partial refunds (as in, refunding the price difference) aren’t practically possible. Instead, we will gift everyone who purchased any Paradox product between May 17 and today (including pre-orders of Steel Division: Normandy 44 made before May 17), in any currency except USD (where prices were not changed), a free copy of a full PC game or two DLC, as a gesture of goodwill. 

The games on offer will be:

Stellaris

Hearts of Iron IV

Crusader Kings 2

Europa Universalis IV

Magicka 2

Tyranny

OR, if you prefer, TWO from the list of the following DLC: 

HoI IV: Death or Dishonor

EU IV: Third Rome

CK II: Monks and Mystics

Stellaris: Utopia

Tyranny: Tales from the Tiers

Should you happen to already own all of the above then the system will credit you equivalent giftable keys.

In order to claim your game/DLC’s you need to fill in the form at the following location: https://support.paradoxplaza.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=114093962533

IMPORTANT: We are accepting requests up to 23:59 CEST on the 9th August. You must submit your completed form by this date. Additionally, please note that you will not receive the content immediately, it will take some time for us to process all of the requests. The current deadline we are working towards is the 30th September 2017, check your email for further updates/next steps leading up to that date.

To be considered a “complete form” you need to include:

Your order ID

The currency used for the purchase

Details of the platform you redeemed your product on

A copy of your receipt

Your email

The requested product/s you’d like to receive

Finally, we’d like to take the opportunity to once again say we’re sorry about our handling of this issue. We value our community and the passion you have for our products, and we know we’re lucky to have you. Of course, it should go without saying that as a result of this experience we will be looking at our internal processes to ensure that we can improve for the future.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Additional FAQ

FAQ GoG
Q: I bought my product from GoG, which products will I be able to claim? 
A: You will be able to claim a free game or DLC from our catalog on GoG. If you already own everything or do not wish to have any of our products on GoG, you can choose a Steam key from the selected titles.

FAQ App Store
Q: I bought my product in the Apple store on my Mac, which products will I be able to claim?
A: You will be able to claim a free game from our Catalog on the app store. If you already own everything or do not wish to have any of our products from the app store, you can choose a Steam key from the selected titles.

FAQ Steam Key Re-seller and Steam
Q: I bought a Steam key through one of your approved re-sellers or the Steam store. Which products will I be able to claim? 
A: You will be able to choose from the selected titles as mentioned in our main Pricing Discussion forum post. 

FAQ Origin
Q: I bought a product on Origin, which products will I be able to claim?
A: The pricing update never went live on Origin, therefore you are NOT eligible. 

FAQ Twitch
Q: I bought a product on Twitch, which products will I be able to claim?
A: Twitch only sells our products in USD, therefore you are NOT eligible. 

FAQ General
Q: Who’s eligible for this?
A: Any customer who purchased one of our games from our approved re-sellers and didn’t pay in USD is eligible. The reason for this is that the USD price was never changed, hence you never paid the new, higher price point.

Q: How do I go about getting my requested games/DLC?
A: Please follow the instructions at the top of this post.

Q: I already own everything, what will I get? 
A: You will receive Steam key/s for the product/s you choose from the selected titles.

Q: I made several orders during the price change, do I get one key per order?
A: No, each customer is eligible for one key, regardless of the number of orders or the size of the order/orders

Source: Paradox Interactive

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/07/2017 at 5:48 PM, shadow storm said:

What made them roll back prices?

People give negative reviews to protest especially the chinese and Russians. They are not like indians who don't do nothing about the ubisoft price increase

Archived