The Formula 1 Thread

MarketTantrik

Just one question though:

Lewis came 2nd in the championship position but only because he had the most 2nd podium finishes compared to Alonso.

Now, if Lewis and Alonso were to have the same points, same podium finishes (including 3rd place finishes), will they share the same spot in the championship position?

No. Then they will calculate 4th place finishes and then 5th place, 6th place, etc.

<_<:sign_omg:

BMW investigation to gift Hamilton title?

Lewis Hamilton

could still become the 2007

Formula 1

Drivers' title after it was revealed that

BMW

are reportedly being investigated for fuel irregularities at the end of the Brazilian Grand Prix.

Although no word has been given by the governing body, BBC News claimed in their 10 ‘o' Clock bulletin that the

FIA

are investigating both BMWs, which finished fifth and sixth, for irregularities with their fuel.

Should both drivers be penalised in any way, plus Nico Rosberg who is also thought to be under investigation, Hamilton would be classified in fourth place and would therefore be crowned the champion.

However, until an official word is made, Kimi Raikkonen and Ferrari remain this year's champion.

but it's a long shot.

Here ya go another one <_<

The FIA has confirmed that the fuel temperatures of the BMW Sauber and Williams cars were outside the regulations during the course of the Brazilian Grand Prix.

As the race stewards continue to investigate the matter to decide on whether or not a punishment is necessary, a statement issued by technical delegate Jo Bauer revealed the extent of the temperature variation of the cars involved.

Article 6.5.5 of the Formula One technical regulations states: "No fuel on board the car may be more than ten degrees centigrade below ambient temperature."

The statement issued by Bauer showed that Heidfeld's fuel was 13 degrees centigrade lower than ambient at his first stop and 12 degrees centigrade lower at his second stop.

Robert Kubica's fuel varied by 14 degrees, 13 degrees and 13 degrees at his three stops; Nico Rosberg's fuel was 13 degrees and 12 degrees out at his two stops and Kazuki Nakajima's was 12 degrees out at his first stop. His second stop was inside the 10-degree limit.

Spyker technical chief Mike Gascoyne said he believed the variation would have provided a performance advantage.

"It can be five to ten horsepower easily," he told autosport.com. "The car is producing a performance advantage during the race. If they dump fuel in that is below the limit, it is an illegal performance advantage. They should be excluded from the event, there is absolutely no doubt."

The implications of a disqualification for the BMW and Williams drivers would be huge, as it could potentially move Lewis Hamilton up the order into fourth place.

In such a case, Hamilton would be crowned the world championship.

Source : http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/63557

Edited by MightySkate

kudos to vijay malya for dat!!

dis guy really cares for india..........bet narain will feature next yr!!

Its more likely to be Karun Chandok or Armaan Ibrahim. Karthikeyan is contracted to Williams for next year and Mallya may not want to stump up the dough required to buy him out of his Williams contract.

whatever happens, dont hire ralf...he's useless

btw, stewards cleared williams and bmw....kimi is the champion

peace

The FIA might have cleared them but Mclaren are going to appeal against that. Mr. pussy is now saying that if Lewis is to win it would bury the sport and give it a bad image :bash::D

Edited by MightySkate

I think at some point in the race when Alonso figured he wasn't gonna get past the ferraris he backed off, and it looked as if he wanted to be over-taken by the bmw. I'm sure he must be pleased that mclaren didn't get anything out of this season and this race in particular. If at all the two BMWs are found to have benefited from the fuel, i believe they should be demoted and disqualified. If this had happened to a mclaren or a ferrari the media will be over it and we would've seen some harsh decision from the FIA guys. Whatever the reason, even if Kimi has won, the FIA has always reiterated that they will be unbiased and transparent and i think they've done a half-a** job at not properly investigating the BMWs this time.

Edited by MightySkate

I personally am not to keen to see the BMWs and Nico Rosberg disqualified as it will render Lewis's championship worthless. McLaren dropped the ball in China, and then Lewis tripped over the ball yesterday with that rash move on Alonso, when all he needed to do was stick behind him in 4th and claim the title. I'm sure the gear selection glitch was an outcome of his off track excursion in the first lap.

I personally am not to keen to see the BMWs and Nico Rosberg disqualified as it will render Lewis's championship worthless. McLaren dropped the ball in China, and then Lewis tripped over the ball yesterday with that rash move on Alonso, when all he needed to do was stick behind him in 4th and claim the title. I'm sure the gear selection glitch was an outcome of his off track excursion in the first lap.

Yes exactly, I think it was this reckless driving by Alonso that caused Lewis to go off track and might be the reason why he fumbled with gear shift.

I agree on the gear problem he had yesterday and small mistakes he made. But still he fought back from 18th and came 7th unlike Alonso who was just strolling behind and keeping his fingers crossed waiting for a miracle to happen. Rules are rules and at the end of the day if any are breached that team should be penalized. But yes, for Lewis to become a winner this way isn't what everyone wants though.

Edited by MightySkate

Yes exactly, I think it was this reckless driving by Alonso that caused Lewis to go off track and might be the reason why he fumbled with gear shift.

Lewis's problem came about around the ninth lap. He tussled with Alonso on the first lap.

conspiracy theory -

some1 from the mr pussy camp at mclaren flicked a switch to lose hamilton all that time to transmission issues

peace

:rofl2:

Did you guys see how quickly Massa blocked Lewis at the start...it completely took me by surprise there. Nice strategy by ferrari once again.

Edited by MightySkate