Debit Cards NOW WORK on IND PS Store

mango_man

Have anybody tried to add funds from ICICI Bank Debit Card lately?

Mine was working like a charm few days before but now it's not accepting, says invalid

Tried rebooting PS4, and from laptop but no luck.

any suggestions!

Same thing was happening with my ICICI Debit card. However, I got it sorted. PSN store/site won't verify the card when you try to use it because of the secondary verification system (Verified by Visa) Indian Debit cards seem to use these days. I had to call the ICICI cust care and request them to enable International transactions on my debit card and also disable the Verified by Visa verification for them.

I can purchase from PSN now. :)

Note: The cust care exec may tell you that your card is already activated for international transactions but you should tell him that the card number is not being recognized when you use it at any international site. At this point, he should transfer your call to their card department and you should request them to disable the Verified by Visa thing on your international transactions. It will take around 12 hours to come in to effect.

Just tested ICICI Visa Debit Card over Google and PSN, works for both of them. :)

It is one of those new cards with embedded chip. First one need to enable international transaction for the card to work, else it will show the message that the card is not valid.

• 3 weeks later...

Same thing was happening with my ICICI Debit card. However, I got it sorted. PSN store/site won't verify the card when you try to use it because of the secondary verification system (Verified by Visa) Indian Debit cards seem to use these days. I had to call the ICICI cust care and request them to enable International transactions on my debit card and also disable the Verified by Visa verification for them.

I can purchase from PSN now. :)

Note: The cust care exec may tell you that your card is already activated for international transactions but you should tell him that the card number is not being recognized when you use it at any international site. At this point, he should transfer your call to their card department and you should request them to disable the Verified by Visa thing on your international transactions. It will take around 12 hours to come in to effect.

+1

Archived