Debit Cards NOW WORK on IND PS Store

mango_man

sh*t looks like nothing is working on the ps store guys, this is such a big clusterf**k from sony.

Im trying to get this whole matter through to sony india, now only if they'll listen.

Meanwhile you can buy psn cards from 'pcgamesupply.com', they will deliver the codes to you within minutes on your email id, but be warned they charge $2 for activation. Also US cards can only be used on us stores and uk cards on the uk stores. We really shouldn't have to go through all of this,specially in the month ps4 launched.

You guys should also start mailing sony india too, about time they take this matter seriously.

Wow so I am not alone, I am trying to add funds to this store to buy the TLOU DLC and 2 of my cards have failed but I got charged the 10 rs on both cards.

1st card I tried is a Standard Chartered one and 2nd was a Citibank one.

Why don't we have PSN cards yet.

In which format should i add details of the icici debit card address to the psn billing info

FORMAT OF address on psn store

addrss line 1

adress line 2

address line 3

my address as per the statement of icici is

# 2-*-7 ,N*W H*****G B***D

S*****I N***R

CITY

IT IS WRRITTEN IN EXACTLY THE SAME MANNER I HAVE WROTE..

KINDLY TELL ME HOW SHOULD I ENTER THE ADDRESS DETAILS

COZ FULL ADDRESS CAN;T BE WRITTEN IN ONE LINE(ADDRESS LNE 1)

OR SHOULD I WRITE THE ADDRESS IN 2-3 LINES

PLEASE SOMEONE CLARIFY IT.

In which format should i add details of the icici debit card address to the psn billing info

Hey welcome to the club buddy. I've been trying all types of formats. Spent a collective of 7 hours on the phone with Sony Support, 11 emails and 3 hours tech chat and I have achieved absolutely nothing. Also spoke with both ICICI and Citibank fraud teams to know if Sony was being blocked as fraud or something and they confirmed there were no alerts on the account to trigger a fraud action. They both said there was no charge forwarded from Sony so obviously they could not reject it. Simple logic.

Please keep in mind these cards both were used to fund my wallet fine on 26th or 27th December 2013 and 5th of Jan 2014 and I think 14th of January 2014. After that nothing worked.

Sony support refused to even acknowledge that there was a problem with the store wallet funding issues. After my final mail with Sony I got a reply stating " we need to inform you that as there is no such issue is going on with OUR playstation network. Hence, we request you to kindly contact your bank for same."

Basically what they meant was "Sony rules. We don't make mistakes. We couldn't be bothered to check. Your bank s**ks. Now F**k off".

I had half the mind to sell my Vita but I like sony devices though their support really S**ks!! I now use a UK PSN account and get prepaid cards off play-asia, and there are loads of other sites for prepaid cards as well. Its the better stress free option. My only regret I lost all my trophies from the last 2-3 years from my indian account.

I havent tried my Icici debit card lately but it did work 2 months back...you have to enter your add letter to letter,digit to digit,line to line as per your address on your bank statement.

also i myself am confused whether the newly supplied icici debit card will work or not (which renders old card useless). recieved a new debit card think it has new security features or just made mandatory by the bank....I wonder if it makes a difference with the PSN store.

addrss line 1

adress line 2

address line 3

my address as per the statement of icici is

# 2-*-7 ,N*W H*****G B***D

S*****I N***R

CITY

IT IS WRRITTEN IN EXACTLY THE SAME MANNER I HAVE WROTE..

KINDLY TELL ME HOW SHOULD I ENTER THE ADDRESS DETAILS

COZ FULL ADDRESS CAN;T BE WRITTEN IN ONE LINE(ADDRESS LNE 1)

OR SHOULD I WRITE THE ADDRESS IN 2-3 LINES

PLEASE SOMEONE CLARIFY IT.

mere ko apne credit card use karte hua problem ayi thi mere address mai mai -/ yeh sab sighns daal raha tha so it was not working so i called PlayStation cc they told symbols ki jaghe space dalo as special characters allow ni karta psn so i did that it and it worked aap yeh try karo bhaiya :)

mere ko apne credit card use karte hua problem ayi thi mere address mai mai -/ yeh sab sighns daal raha tha so it was not working so i called PlayStation cc they told symbols ki jaghe space dalo as special characters allow ni karta psn so i did that it and it worked aap yeh try karo bhaiya :)

Thnx dear..

but i hv already removed all the signs

and hv through several mails to cc of sony

Seems like my card got renew so their might be some prob.. god 9s

Ok good news, I managed to use my Standard Chartered credit card. What I did was like a few others said remove all billing details from my account, waited over 2 days (probably a week). Then I whipped out my old statement from the bank for this credit card, entered the exact address details, the details were in all caps I used all caps. And viola it got accepted and I managed to add funds to my account.

Incidentally, I even got a call from standard chartered stating a transaction was made on my card and whether it was a legal one, I said yes was asked to validate some details about my account told them the details. And all is good now off to download the TLOU DLC :)

• 2 weeks later...

I am also having a similar problem with my credit card...I have used this same credit card with PSN successfully for the last 3 years but now it has upgraded and number changed.

Now whenever I try adding billing information it keeps saying invalid number. I have searched about it a bit and it seems it's something to do with the address format. Does anyone have any info how I can rectify this?

• 5 weeks later...

I am also having a similar problem with my credit card...I have used this same credit card with PSN successfully for the last 3 years but now it has upgraded and number changed.

Now whenever I try adding billing information it keeps saying invalid number. I have searched about it a bit and it seems it's something to do with the address format. Does anyone have any info how I can rectify this?

I was using my debit for over a year..! But after the new cards were issued by all the banks I have not been able to add funds..! I am also puzzled with this error thing..! Been four months haven't been able to funds.!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just transferred 250 rs to PSN wallet using my old ICICI debit card. Didn't start using the new debit card with added security features as I knew it could create issues.

about your address add the address exactly the same way it is mentioned in your ICICI Account statements left top corner. letter to letter ,figure to figure , word to word same.

• 4 weeks later...

I used my Corporation Bank debit card to purchase a 3 month PS+ subscription. Worked like a charm. No issues. Most of the users here have used debit cards from Private sector banks. I guess now public sector issued debit cards also work. :)

Hey there ! I have a Corporation Bank debit card too. It was accepted when I redeemed the 14 day free trial but now it always gives me Error NP-8120-1 (Invalid information) . I have a few questions to ask you.

- Does your card hold your name ?

My card doesn't have my name on it and it says electronic use only.

- Was the address matching with the one mentioned in your passbook/bank statement ?

I tried adding the address so many times that my account was locked twice :(

Your help will be appreciated

Thanks.

Archived