At Sony’s E3 press conference, Sony not only announced a release date and price for the PlayStation 4, but they also announced a bunch of features that were met with a standing ovation.
Here are all the highlights:
- PlayStation 4 will launch worldwide this holiday season.
- PlayStation 4 will be priced at $399, hundred bucks cheaper than the Xbox One.
- The PlayStation 4 will be region free.
- The console will ship with an HDMI cable, a DualShock 4 controller, a headset and a 500 GB hard drive.
- PlayStation Eye will be sold separately for $59, and will not be required to start or run the console.
- The PlayStation 4 will not require an always online connection, nor will you have to log in to verify your game every 24 hours.
- The PlayStation 4 will allow gamers to trade games, buy second hand games or freely exchange games with one another.
- An existing PlayStation Plus member ship will carry over to the PlayStation 4 as well.
- Becoming a PlayStation Plus member, now or even when the PlayStation 4 launches will get you one free PS4 game ever month.
- Multiplayer unfortunately will no longer be free on the PlayStation 4. Gamers will require an online subscription to play with or against friends.
- Nearly 140 games are currently in development for the PlayStation 4.
- Killzone: Shadow Fall, Drive Club and Knack will release alongside the console at launch.
- Gaikai, the cloud service that Sony will be using for the The PlayStation 4 will not be available at launch, instead launching sometime in 2014.