Gaming Mechanical Keyboard under Rs.7000

adikumar2010

I mainly play FPS games like Apex Legends & Hyperscape.

I need gaming keyboard with following requirements :

1) Palm rest
2) Should be full size keyboard
3) Actuation Force should be as low as possible as I got small hands under 50cN
4) Linear switches
5) Multimedia hot-keys

Optional features :
1) Wireless would be better, even though I am fine with wired also
2) Backlit
3) Dust proof keys
4) Hot-swappable switches as I don't want to spends hours replacing switch/solder when it fails.

1 hour ago, adikumar2010 said:

I mainly play FPS games like Apex Legends & Hyperscape.

I need gaming keyboard with following requirements :

1) Palm rest
2) Should be full size keyboard
3) Actuation Force should be as low as possible as I got small hands under 50cN
4) Linear switches
5) Multimedia hot-keys

Optional features :
1) Wireless would be better, even though I am fine with wired also
2) Backlit
3) Dust proof keys
4) Hot-swappable switches as I don't want to spends hours replacing switch/solder when it fails.

Not an expert, but can give a few pointers. Your budget is probably not going to be enough to fit all your requirements. Most of the keyboards under 7k will fall under the compact layouts and don't come with palm rest. 

You'll have to make compromises on some aspects. For example, there are decent options from HyperX in your price range, but they are non hotswappable and wired. You can go with something like Keychron K2, or the GK68S but these are 80% and 60% layout boards but do offer hotswap, wireless backlight etc.

If you are willing to extend your budget, look at the GMMK Pro full layout and get a third party palm rest (still wired, though). 

Edited by l33tmaniac

1 hour ago, l33tmaniac said:

Not an expert, but can give a few pointers. Your budget is probably not going to be enough to fit all your requirements. Most of the keyboards under 7k will fall under the compact layouts and don't come with palm rest. 

You'll have to make compromises on some aspects. For example, there are decent options from HyperX in your price range, but they are non hotswappable and wired. You can go with something like Keychron K2, or the GK68S but these are 80% and 60% layout boards but do offer hotswap, wireless backlight etc.

If you are willing to extend your budget, look at the GMMK Pro full layout and get a third party palm rest (still wired, though). 

I looked only and found only 3 options in my budget :
1) Corsair K68
2) Corsair K60 Pro
3) Asus TUF Gaming K3

All of them have red switches both corsair model cost same at around Rs.7650 and Asus K3 cost only Rs.5300.

Which one would you recommend? I don't mind paying Rs.2400 for corsair if they're providing more features or better quality then Asus."

* K60 Pro have hot swappable switches but you can't find Cherry Voila switches anywhere.

I looked only and found only 3 options in my budget :
1) Corsair K68
2) Corsair K60 Pro
3) Asus TUF Gaming K3

All of them have red switches both corsair model cost same at around Rs.7650 and Asus K3 cost only Rs.5300.

Which one would you recommend? I don't mind paying Rs.2400 for corsair if they're providing more features or better quality then Asus."

* K60 Pro have hot swappable switches but you can't find Cherry Voila switches anywhere.

Personally haven't used any of these boards, so can't really comment. The Corsair K68 looks good though. 

If you were to ask me, I'd recommend getting an 80% layout that has hotswap cos the only thing that you'll be missing is the numpad (unless you use it heavily for accounting). 

3 hours ago, l33tmaniac said:

Personally haven't used any of these boards, so can't really comment. The Corsair K68 looks good though. 

If you were to ask me, I'd recommend getting an 80% layout that has hotswap cos the only thing that you'll be missing is the numpad (unless you use it heavily for accounting). 

I need numpad as I play Poker and I enter lot of numbers every second.

Corsair K68 costs Rs.8000 (forgot to add shipping) and Asus K3 costs Rs.5345 (including shipping).
You think its worth paying Rs.2600 for multimedia keys, water/dust resistant & cherry MX red switch (Asus has Kailh Red)

I saw some people saying on reddit that Kailh switch are as good as Cherry MX.

I need numpad as I play Poker and I enter lot of numbers every second.

Corsair K68 costs Rs.8000 (forgot to add shipping) and Asus K3 costs Rs.5345 (including shipping).
You think its worth paying Rs.2600 for multimedia keys, water/dust resistant & cherry MX red switch (Asus has Kailh Red)

I saw some people saying on reddit that Kailh switch are as good as Cherry MX.

Haven't personally used Kalih red, so can't comment on that, but I've read good things about them. If you are a first time mechanical keyboard user, you may not even notice a lot of things that enthusiasts talk about like stabilizers, sound profile. So the differences in these aspects shouldn't matter ideally since you may not be exposed another board to compare against.

But that said, there are a few things that you may want to check like the flex of the keyboard and what type of keycaps it uses (PBT vs ABS etc). Go for the one that has a solid profile without very little/no flex and preferably PBT keycaps. Water resistance/dust resistance should be the same across boards IMO. Very unlikely for water to seep into these. 

• Thanks 1

On 7/1/2021 at 4:33 PM, l33tmaniac said:

Haven't personally used Kalih red, so can't comment on that, but I've read good things about them. If you are a first time mechanical keyboard user, you may not even notice a lot of things that enthusiasts talk about like stabilizers, sound profile. So the differences in these aspects shouldn't matter ideally since you may not be exposed another board to compare against.

But that said, there are a few things that you may want to check like the flex of the keyboard and what type of keycaps it uses (PBT vs ABS etc). Go for the one that has a solid profile without very little/no flex and preferably PBT keycaps. Water resistance/dust resistance should be the same across boards IMO. Very unlikely for water to seep into these. 

Alright thanks

Edited by adikumar2010

On 7/1/2021 at 4:33 PM, l33tmaniac said:

I am getting ASUS TUF Gaming K7 for 6.5K, is it better model then all the ones we discussed here?
If yes then I will buy it ASAP before it runs out of stock

• 6 months later...

Hi' I searched for some devices, But not an expert, but I can give a few ideas for you.

Your budget may not be enough to meet all your needs. You have to compromise on some aspects. 

You can go with something like,

Corsair K100 RGB Optical  (The best gaming keyboard)

Switch: Corsair OPX

Size: Full size

Backlights: RGB

Passthroughs: USB

Media Controls: Dedicated

Wristrest: Detachable

Keycaps: PBT double-shot

Mountain Everest Max ( The best modular gaming keyboard)

Switch: Cherry MX Red, Blue, Brown, Silver

Size: Full size or TKL

Backlight: Per-key RGB

Passthrough: USB 3.2 Gen1

Media controls: Dedicated unit

Wristrest: Magnetic, plush

Keycaps: ABS

Razer Cynosa Chroma(The best membrane gaming keyboard)

Interface: Wired USB

Keyboard backlighting: Per-key RGB

Programmable keys: All

Features: Per key RGB lighting, supports Windows 7+ and OSX 10.8+