Batman: Arkham Knight’s $40 season pass will feature a prequel mission where you’ll get to play as Batgirl.
Publisher Warner Bros and developer Rocksteady came in for a bit of criticism when they announced the season pass last week and revealed the price but no other details.
“We’ve heard from our community that you want more information on what we’ll be delivering in the Season Pass,” a post on the game’s Facebook page said.
“While we aren’t ready to unveil every aspect of the content we’ll be developing, we would like to share more detail now to give you a better sense of the scope of the season pass.”
The season pass is also set to include story arcs featuring Batman’s allies as playable characters, plus more story missions featuring Batman himself.
Here are some more details that were revealed about the season pass:
- Batgirl: A Matter of Family: An all new prequel story expansion in an entirely new location where you play as Batgirl for the very first time in the Arkham series – check out the first render of Batgirl.
- The Season of Infamy: Play as Batman in all new story missions featuring legendary super-villains invading Gotham City, with new story arcs, missions and gameplay features.
- Gotham City Stories: Play as Batman’s key allies in narrative missions extending their storylines, from both before and after the events in Batman: Arkham Knight.
- Legendary Batmobiles with Themed Tracks: Drive the most iconic Batmobiles from Batman’s 75-year history, on custom-built race tracks, each themed to that Batmobile’s specific era. Every Batmobile will be drivable across every race track.
- Crimefighter Challenge Maps: Engage in a series of new challenge maps utilizing the unique play styles of Batman and his allies.
- Character Skins: A variety of skins from across the eras for Batman, Robin, Nightwing and Catwoman.
Batman: Arkham Knight is set for release on 23rd June for PC, PS4 and Xbox One.