Blizzard has announced that World of Warcraft’s next major expansion titled, The Battle for Azeroth will release on the 14 of August. This is the seventh expansion for Blizzard’s sprawling MMO-RPG, World of Warcraft following the release of Legion almost two years prior.
With the discovery of Azerite, the two major factions, The Alliance and The Horde have both teetered ever closer to open conflict. Pre-purchase is now open from Blizzard. You can also pre-order the same from your preferred online and offline retailers in India for Rs 3,199. Pre-purchasing the game will give you a leg-up before the expansion drops with a level-110 character boost to utilise immediately, pre-purchase players will be allowed to recruit the first four of the expansion’s new Allied Races, including Lightforged Draenei for The Alliance and Ancient Nightborne for The Horde. Players pre-purchasing will also get the preceding expansion, Legion for free as it is necessary for unlocking the Battle for Azeroth.
The expansion gives players access to,
- Explore two Fabled Realms: As a champion of The Horde, travel to the empire of Zandalar to persuade the trolls to lend their naval might. As a defender of The Alliance, venture to the seafaring kingdom of Kul Tiras, home of Jaina Proudmoore, and rally its inhabitants to fight for your cause.
- Recruit Allied Races: Take a new form for your adventures as several new playable Allied Races, each with unique racial abilities. Earn the favour of the Highmountain Tauren, Void elves,
Dark Iron dwarves, and others to create a new character of that race and add their strength to your faction.
- Plunder the Islands of the Great Sea: Set out on Island Expeditions and conquer an ever-changing array of enemies, environments, and objectives. Battle in groups of three as you race
against cunning rival intruders—or enemy players—to collect each island’s resources and fuel the war effort.
- Charge Into a Warfront: Fight on the battlefields of a large-scale, 20-player cooperative Warfront to claim a key strategic location. Capture resources to build your faction’s
forces, lead the charge as your troops lay siege to objectives, and fight the enemy commander to claim victory in this new mode inspired by classic Warcraft real-time strategy–game battles.
- Infuse Your Armor with Titanic Might: Using Azerite, an invaluable new resource that has emerged in the Burning Legion’s wake. Imbue the Heart of Azeroth—a legendary neckpiece
entrusted to each hero by Magni Bronzebeard—with Azerite to customize your armor with new powers and traits.
- Battle to Level 120: Trace the corruption of the Blood God to the Underrot, unearth the secrets of a lost titan vault, escape from the Drust Realm of the Dead, and more as you quest through 10new levels—then continue to grow in power through new World Quests, raids, dungeons, and more.
According to Blizzard CEO and co-founder, Mike Morhaime, “In Battle for Azeroth, the stakes for the Alliance and the Horde are incredibly high, and a player’s faction will have a more meaningful impact on their experience than in any World of Warcraft expansion to date. Whether they’re journeying to unexplored lands to recruit allies or fighting to secure war resources, players will redefine what it truly means to be ‘For the Horde’ or ‘For the Alliance’ when the expansion arrives this August.” Check out the expansion’s reveal trailer below.
World of Warcraft is available for the Windows and macOS platforms and you can pick up the game and its assorted expansions from Games The Shop or your preferred online or offline retailer. It is disappointing that the Collector’s Edition won’t be releasing in India at retail in addition to the fact that Blizzard who is usually known for great physical editions has opted for a digital code in box without a disc for this release.