bigdaddyva6.jpg

Developers:Irrational

Publishers:Microsoft / Take 2 Interactive

Genre:FPS

Players:1

Platform(s): Xbox360, PC

Release Date: U.S. - August 21, 2007, E.U. - August 24, 2007

Official Website : http://www.2kgames.com/bioshock/enter.html

The game is based in an underwater city called Rapture and takes place during the 1960's. The city looks breathtaking when it is first shown, with its high rise 'Art Deco' architecture right on the sea bed, surrounded by water, almost a modern Atlantis.

It was created by a group of people who wanted to get away from the surface world, which at the time Rapture was founded, was just recovering from the effects of World War 2. By creating their own city, free from government regulations and religion, they would be able to conduct wild and crazy experiments which perhaps some people might see as a waste of time or unethical. This is the reason the city is full of intelligent people such as scientists and engineers

When a scientist discovers an almost magical material which can enhance the human body and repair or modify existing cells. The substance was called 'Adam' and throughout the game the player and the citizens of Rapture, Adam is key to survival. The material has brought Rapture down after it caused a civil war and the people were greedy so there is a grave shortage, in fact the slug which Adam was originally extracted from has been extinct, so there is a very interesting and surprising way to gather it. Characters called 'Little Sisters' or nicknamed 'Gatherers' are genetically modified children who will retrieve Adam from dead bodies and somehow recycle it in their bodies so it can be used again.

From the Official Website

BioShock is the "genetically enhanced" first person shooter that lets you do things never before possible in the genre: turn everything into a weapon, biologically mod your body with plasmids, hack devices and systems, upgrade your weapons and craft new ammo variants, and experiment with different battle techniques in an incredible and unique underwater city.

You are a cast-away in Rapture, an underwater Utopia torn apart by civil war. Caught between powerful forces, and hunted down by genetically modified “splicers” and deadly security systems, you have to come to grips with a deadly, mysterious world filled with powerful technology and fascinating characters. No encounter ever plays out the same, and no two gamers will play the game the same way.

BioShock is loaded with some of greatest, most modifiable weapons to ever blast their way into a shooter. But guns alone won’t be enough to defeat the devious AIs of Rapture. There are literally hundreds of other strategies players can use to take out his enemies. Here’s just a few things you can do a foe:

Catch his Grenades in Mid Air and Toss Them Back at Him

Freeze Him Solid and Shatter Him with Smack of your Wrench

Lead him and his comrades to water and Zap them all with 1000 Volts

Burn Him Up With Home-Made Molotov Cocktails

Booby Trap Healing Machines and Watch Them Blow up IN his Face

Brainwash Him to Become Your Personal BodyGuard

Invent your own Ammo Types to Prey on his Vulnerabilities

Turn his own Security System Against Him

Light Him on Fire and Launch Heat Seeking Missiles At him

Torment Him with Plagues of Insects

Take Research Photos of Him to Learn his Weaknesses

Send Him Flying into the Ceiling to Knock him Senseless

No encounter ever plays out the same way twice. No two gamers will ever play BioShock the same way.

SCREENSHOTS:

screenshot_07_xl.jpg

screenshot_08_xl.jpg

screenshot_01_xl.jpg

screenshot_09_xl.jpg

screenshot_04_xl.jpg

The character will have access to genetic modifications called through a gene bank. The categories of the gene bank are :

plasmid_main_nav.gifphysical_main_nav.gifengineer_main_nav.gifcombat_main_nav.gif

The Ecology of Bioshock

Via Xbox360fanboy : http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2007/08/09/vi...gy-of-bioshock/

BioShock is, without a doubt, one of the most highly anticipated Xbox 360 games this year. If, by chance, you've been wondering what all the fuss is about, you should probably check out this video. Of course, genuine BioSchock fans will find plenty to love in the video, too. Posted by GameTrailers, the video features the folks at Irrational Games discussing the ecology of Rapture, the underwater world of BioSchock. Put simply, it is this world that makes BioShock so intriguing. The world really is alive. The characters within it will go about their own business whether or not the player decides to interfere (of course, some of the characters' "business" is to attack the player). Honestly, this is the kind of thing we should be seeing in the current generation of gaming: worlds with real, believable characters capable of pulling gamers into another reality. Everything leads us to think that BioShock will do just that.

[gt]23297[/gt]

'BioShock' Demo Up On Xbox Live! :O :O

With very little of the weekend left, a demo for BioShock has hit Xbox Live! Get downloading! You have precious, little time before the week begins!

If you can... the Live servers are being hammered and downloads are incredibly slow. The demo weighs in at 1.35 GB and the game will be released on August 21st for the Xbox 360 and PC.

Go! Go! Go!

Update: We've played it and we want more! We cannot wait for the full release because this demo is just amazing. It's short, but it gives you enough of a taste to make you want more.

The enemies are fast, furious, and there are a lot of them gunning for you. You will get to use 3 different weapons and 2 plasmids in the demo, which mostly sets up the atmosphere of the game and introduces you to the underwater city of Rapture.

If the game is as good as the demo, this will be a strong contender for game of the year, but right now it is certainly demo of the year.

If you don't have a 360, go find someone who does and play this now. This isn't about console wars and flaming people who own PS3's... this is about playing a really good game.

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/6784..._Xbox_Live.html

Woah !! Demo's out ?

* rushes to make an excuse to the boss and go home *

LOL...even i was desperate after hearing that the demo was out.!!! Blooddy slow the download is!!

still stuck at 40% after 45 minutes. I get download speeds upto 1200kbps :O

Downloaded th demo this morning and playing it right now. The graphics in the opening sequence has to be seen to be believed. Dont want to give too much away, but you have to see the "mix of elements" part to believe it. (you'll know what I mean when you see the opening sequence.)

started the demo last night at 10:30 pm and i come back from school at 4:00 pm today, total % downloaded = 54% :(:O :O :O :O :O

the g4tv article was so right in posting that the live servers are being used like a bitch!

Played the demo!!! it was nice!! some plasmids, couple of weapons and a little bit of action thrown in mixed with lots of eerieness, and creeps!!!!!

Play it in the dark with a 5.1 on.Tadaaaa!!!!!

Ahh, crap, as if they weren't already rubbing our noses in with the fact that they will get to play BioShock in just another week, a couple of them have already gotten their hands on the game and are playing it right the heck now! I hate my life, I hate my life, I hate my life, I hate my life, I hate my life, I hate my life, I hate my life, I hate my life.....

BioShock leaked by Toys 'R' Us

How many more months, days, hours, minutes and seconds before Microsoft India / Redington finally put me out of my misery and ship the damn game here.

Archived