PS3 Themes & PSP Themes

THE DIRECTOR

well, i thought abt it and then was scared of bricking my psp...so i just went to the grey market and got version 3.71 m33...seems like the latest one...all the themes are working fine..!! it cost me 400 bux for the upgrade, but was worth it imo....saved me all the time, energy and risk...!!

thnx anyways man...

KC, whats the safest update path from 3.4OE to 3.7x custom firmware - there were reports that 3.7 fw did not support 1.5 homebrew and some early custom fw even bricked the psp??!

V

Well, the safest path from 3.40 OE-A to 3.71 M33-2 is that you HAVE to upgrade to 3.52 M33-4 first as there are some things in the 3.71 upgrade that aren't compatible with custom firmwares lower than 3.52 M33.

First, upgrade to 3.52 M33, then install the fourth update, which'll bring you up to 3.52 M33-4. Then you can upgrade to 3.71 and install the second update, bringing you up to 3.71 M33-2.

Also, since you guys are already on a custom firmware, the risks are VERY VERY VERY MINIMAL (Recovery Menu to the rescue :D) and even if you screw up it up, there's always pandora's battery to fix it all up ;)

As far as homebrew goes, if you guys have FAT PSPs, then just go ahead and install the 1.50 Kernel Add-on from Dark Alex for the FAT PSPs ONLY once you're at 3.71 M33-2, which'll let you run all the homebrew ;)

If you're on Slim, then am afraid you can't run ALL the homebrew as Sony "hardware blacklisted" the 1.50 kernel making it impossible to run homebrew that were only 1.50 compliant. Many of them do run though and many of them have been re-encoded to run on the slim. Check out this link to know which homebrew works/doesn't work on the PSP slim....

PSP Slim 3.71 M33 - Homebrew Compatability Thread

If you guys need guides or links to how to upgrade or any other questions, then do let me know. :P

sure thing, waiting for KG's (Kazekage Gaara) expert comments otherwise will do some reading/research later tonight.

V

Thanx a lot for that. Good to know am needed :)

Well, the safest path from 3.40 OE-A to 3.71 M33-2 is that you HAVE to upgrade to 3.52 M33-4 first as there are some things in the 3.71 upgrade that aren't compatible with custom firmwares lower than 3.52 M33.

First, upgrade to 3.52 M33, then install the fourth update, which'll bring you up to 3.52 M33-4. Then you can upgrade to 3.71 and install the second update, bringing you up to 3.71 M33-2.

Also, since you guys are already on a custom firmware, the risks are VERY VERY VERY MINIMAL (Recovery Menu to the rescue :P) and even if you screw up it up, there's always pandora's battery to fix it all up ;)

As far as homebrew goes, if you guys have FAT PSPs, then just go ahead and install the 1.50 Kernel Add-on from Dark Alex for the FAT PSPs ONLY once you're at 3.71 M33-2, which'll let you run all the homebrew ;)

If you're on Slim, then am afraid you can't run ALL the homebrew as Sony "hardware blacklisted" the 1.50 kernel making it impossible to run homebrew that were only 1.50 compliant. Many of them do run though and many of them have been re-encoded to run on the slim.

Awesome, thanks bro.

V

• 1 month later...
am still at 3.40 haven't updraded yet.

no info sorry

silent hill works, wwe 2008 doesnt on 3.4oe

V

have u tried playing Silent Hill:Experience that is sth like the digital graphic novel of MGS?? it didn't work on my PSP slim on CFW 3.71 M33. however Silent Hill:Origins worked fine and i have already ended it.. thanks

Archived