Super Street Fighter IV

Guest shoryuken_king

I suppose it also comes from the fact that arm is going away from the buttons I suppose but that gets into ergonomics that make no sense at times. I can of course land supers and Ultras no issue but its that one QCF motion that bothers me. Oddly enough my DP works on either side of the screen which is good because with a player like Sagat it does come in handy at times.

BTW can any of u tell me from where i can buy Arcade stick... a good one .. budget is around 10k..... have been searching google but no luck.... didn't tried any local retailers here though....

i've never had problems doing QCF ... but the button layout is what makes me mad....:bigyellowgrin:

Its not about doing the QCF... its about how fast you can do it(for stuff like Dash->ultra)... Just try on a stick... and see which side you can react faster...

BTW can any of u tell me from where i can buy Arcade stick... a good one .. budget is around 10k..... have been searching google but no luck.... didn't tried any local retailers here though....

woah thats a pretty good budget ,you can easily get the best sticks with that range.... best sticks around now are the HRAP V3 SA and Madcatz TE....Floccy is selling his V3 SA on TP .. perhaps you can contact him....

DP is an easier move to pull of on sticks, at least I felt so, the square gate helps

Also to add to the misery the level has gone pretty loose on my SE, i get frequent back-dashes now when I really DO NOT want them, Sanwa is calling I guess

Hit Play-Asia and see whats there. I got mine off Amazon some time back I think and it came to around 6.5ish but then again its a HRAP and you'd have to do research to see which one you want to use and what feels best for you. I played on a friend's MadCatz before I got my HRAP and I can personally say that I like the HRAP better but that's just preference.

you get used to either pretty easily, the button layout that is, the tougher part is the stick lever

Edit: if anyone buys that stick from Floccy, I'm gonna be pretty envy, I wanted it, no money now <_<

woah thats a pretty good budget ,you can easily get the best sticks with that range.... best sticks around now are the HRAP V3 SA and Madcatz TE....Floccy is selling his V3 SA on TP .. perhaps you can contact him....

Well, its better to get a new one from SYW at that price (comes to 8075 with a HDFC/ICICI/Citi bank card).

I think the good thing about the button layout on the joysticks is that you can tailor it to how you feel comfy playing. I leave the first two and set the last three as my buttons. Oh btw I found a pic of the stick I am using lol

evo_champ_fuudo.jpg

Well, its better to get a new one from SYW at that price (comes to 8075 with a HDFC/ICICI/Citi bank card).

btw what was that other place you guys were talking abt in 3DS thread... some Aramex or seomthing?? that any better?

@avkash - ShopYourWorld - site that imports stuff from amazon

@mel - yup me got the same stick.... Heres a pic of it fully modded

02012010015.jpg

Hit me a PM if you want to know how to get a plexi to change the artwork....

what is SYW, is the the whole US address thing going in the 3DS import thread ?

That is SnS, which is not good for fightsticks due to its weight. SYW is an importer which has comparatively cheaper rates for heavy itesms (Floccy got his stick from there as well).

btw what was that other place you guys were talking abt in 3DS thread... some Aramex or seomthing?? that any better?

@avkash - ShopYourWorld - site that imports stuff from amazon

Aramex charges $10 for the first 500 gms and $8 for the rest, plus there is no guarantee about customs unlike SYW. So I don't think it will work out better.

edit: you have found a very impressive pic to usher a new user towards your stick :lol:

I am sneaky like that lol. I was watching the finals on my Netbook and was looking at the screen and saw him playing with that stick and said nice. Then again I realize that he has probably switched his buttons out because mine are starting to get a bit flimsy too.

On that note, anyone know where I can get Sanwa parts reliably. I saw ArcadeSpareParts and wanted to get the same color buttons from there but not too sure about their reliability.

The best SF player uses HRAP3 like a BOSS :bigyellowgrin:

also http://www.akihabarashop.jp/

Best place to import Sanwa Joysticks/buttons.... original straight from teh cabinets.... they accept paypal and ship to india as well..... or you can just search on ebay.com they are pretty good too

Yup Sanwa OBSF 30 .... I got Snap in type...you just put it in and it fits perfectly... the other one is a screw type ....why dont you try out the new Sanwa Clear buttons they look pretty neat...

Yup Sanwa OBSF 30 .... I got Snap in type...you just put it in and it fits perfectly... the other one is a screw type ....why dont you try out the new Sanwa Clear buttons they look pretty neat...

i do not think they are up yet, and they are pretty costlier

now that Lax is reading this, you bought a HRAP 3 which you are not using, have no plan to use

care to sell it for a cheap :naughty:

If I did go for clear buttons I'd want to change the plexi and make it clear too or translucent. I kind of like the original color scheme and it has grown on me so I will change the 30 buttons but not the 24s. My poor select button has not seen any loving for a while lol. The original stick is Sanwa isn't it? Atleast that's what it said when I opened the case.

Archived