Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
HundredProofSam

Movie Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

59 minutes ago, mohit9206 said:

Watched Piku recently really liked it. Any such similar kind of Bollywood movies which have some decent quality humor and or feel good kind of story without any action scenes and unnecessary songs? Something little different from usual.

Nil battey sannata 

Dum laga ke haisha

Badhaai ho

Newton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol 

that’s actually the whole point of criticism 

 

the intellect lacking mind would not fully understand the true nature of this piece of art 

 

they would route for the character & take it as an uprising underdog

 

The script is very poorly thought into 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, SpearHea:D said:

Watched Joker, loved it. Last 30 minutes were full of goosebumps.The  personality change was done so well by Phoenix. Crowd was cheering in that elevator &  stairs scene.

 

Yeah it felt surreal when people cheered and whistled. Imagine if people clapped and cheered when Thanos stabbed Tony or choked Loki to death :lol:  The character arc was incredibly well done.

The guy goes from being beaten by a bunch of kids to brutally murdering someone twice his size with bare hands. The contrast between him uncontrollably laughing in front of stand-up comedy audience and just smiling when standing over an angry mob who would do anything for him in that moment.
The transformation is just amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, CarbonCore said:

 

Yeah it felt surreal when people cheered and whistled. Imagine if people clapped and cheered when Thanos stabbed Tony or choked Loki to death :lol:  The character arc was incredibly well done.

  Hide contents

The guy goes from being beaten by a bunch of kids to brutally murdering someone twice his size with bare hands. The contrast between him uncontrollably laughing in front of stand-up comedy audience and just smiling when standing over an angry mob who would do anything for him in that moment.

The transformation is just amazing.

 

I did sympathise with him. Cheering for him is just f**king retarded though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, AnK said:

the intellect lacking mind would not fully understand the true nature of this piece of art 

 

Now this is complete and utter BS!! And to call people who like the movie or cheer for Joker intellect lacking is downright disrespectful. "Art" by it's very nature is subjective. What you like, it's entirely possible someone else will not like. And vice-versa as well. It can be seen in this very thread. Some users like I, adity, carboncore etc. like the movie. While you, aftrunner etc. don't like it. Alternatively, these days I find Marvel movies completely boring and a waste of time. But you might like it. That's absolutely fine.

 

I can kinda understand the cheering for Joker part as well. People know Joker is a villain. They know Joker is a complete psycho who must be put down. But Phoenix gave such a compelling acting performance that people just felt like cheering. That's what good acting is. And it's not just in CC's screen, people were cheering for Joker when I went to the show as well. So you might just be in the minority of those who did not like the movie. And that's absolutely fine.

 

Just don't disrespect people by questioning their intellect.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, roun90 said:

 

Now this is complete and utter BS!! And to call people who like the movie or cheer for Joker intellect lacking is downright disrespectful. "Art" by it's very nature is subjective. What you like, it's entirely possible someone else will not like. And vice-versa as well. It can be seen in this very thread. Some users like I, adity, carboncore etc. like the movie. While you, aftrunner etc. don't like it. Alternatively, these days I find Marvel movies completely boring and a waste of time. But you might like it. That's absolutely fine.

 

I can kinda understand the cheering for Joker part as well. People know Joker is a villain. They know Joker is a complete psycho who must be put down. But Phoenix gave such a compelling acting performance that people just felt like cheering. That's what good acting is. And it's not just in CC's screen, people were cheering for Joker when I went to the show as well. So you might just be in the minority of those who did not like the movie. And that's absolutely fine.

 

Just don't disrespect people by questioning their intellect.

When I watched, everyone did clap for phoenix when the credits rolled. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont understand how its weird when ppl cheered for that particular stairs scene. Joker is one of the most famous and liked character ever, and he finally presents himself in that particular screen. Ofcourse ppl liked it when he comes on screen. This is what the whole movie was about, ORIGIN. And phoenix did an amazing job in the acting department. The walk towards the elevator was worth cheering. The transformation was amazing.

I remember ppl cheering for vader when he wrecked sh*t at the end of rogue one. Both are villains, both did the wrong thing and both showcased their ruthless nature. One with skill, one with overcoming his timid nature and going bat sh*t crazy.

And among the so called educated peeps, these same villains are decorated in their rooms, loved and praised, in regular chit chats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

lol this popped up in my timeline. WTF is this? Guy is a football player and a gunda, beats up goons on streets, then coaches a women football team, and some woman is boxer too? And they  train in a dark muddy ground at night? And then he blows up vehicles? Talk about throwing a kitchen sink, they have thrown the entire kitchen.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, adity said:

When I watched, everyone did clap for phoenix when the credits rolled. 

Clapping for phoenix as a performer & how well he played the role is one thing 

 

but routing for the character written in the script is altogether a different thing 

 

& don’t get me wrong ,I’m not criticising 

im just pin pointing the reason behind criticism it’s getting 

 

I’m just saying that yes script is not well thought into 

 

 

it shouldn’t make you want to sympathise with a character who is about to become a city’s worst nightmare 

 

specially when two scenes back he suffocated his mother who was laying lifeless on a hospital bed (senile & delusional just like him apparently)

 

yes madness is just a push away for everyone 

but while writing, certain things should be considered 

Edited by AnK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@AnK Even without taking actor's performance into consideration, people do root for villains all the time. And it's absolutely fine so long as it's confined to fiction like movies, TV Shows, Video Games etc. It is just absolutely horrible when it's in real world. Joker is one of the most iconic villains of the entire modern literature. So some people will root for him. People also went crazy when Vader came and choked out the life of those officers in Rogue One.

 

Also, people did not cheer when Phoenix killed the mother character. They cheered after the Transformation scene. Because more than the make-up itself, just from the change in Phoenix's body language, they knew that the Joker had been born at last.

 

People can cheer for villains all they want in films.It's fine so long as the character and story is fictional and not based on a real horrible person IRL. It just becomes sickening when they start doing it to the real news. And those that do cheer for IRL villains are those who are most probably mentally sick.  

Edited by roun90
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Big Boss said:

lol this popped up in my timeline. WTF is this? Guy is a football player and a gunda, beats up goons on streets, then coaches a women football team, and some woman is boxer too? And they  train in a dark muddy ground at night? And then he blows up vehicles? Talk about throwing a kitchen sink, they have thrown the entire kitchen.

 

 

this needs an all India release with either translation or even subtitles. Sallu bhai has nothing on this 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Big Boss said:

lol this popped up in my timeline. WTF is this? Guy is a football player and a gunda, beats up goons on streets, then coaches a women football team, and some woman is boxer too? And they  train in a dark muddy ground at night? And then he blows up vehicles? Talk about throwing a kitchen sink, they have thrown the entire kitchen.

 

 

2 hours ago, puns said:

 

this needs an all India release with either translation or even subtitles. Sallu bhai has nothing on this 

 

The main guy apparently has a double role, one is a football coach, the other a goon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, adity said:

Holy f**k who put money into this? The cast is absolutely loaded and I'm pretty sure it's gonna be mediocre. 

Tony Stark died for this sh*t. 

 

Yup. Insane cast. Most of them probably have very short roles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...