DOTA 2

Gta_mad

Release date ?

unknown at this point. they add 1 hero a week, about 65 total so far, and i think the dota roster has 100+ so interpret that as you will.

the game is absolutely fantastic though. it's missing a few features that they want to implement, but even in beta it already has more quality than many retail releases. already have 50 hours played so far, one of my highest single game totals on steam and it's not even out of beta yet :D

Yeah . . I know

With that rate it will take ages

Chop the beta and release the full version Valve :rant:

Hope it comes out before June , me dying to play this game after final exams

I refrained myself from playing beta coz of the addiction :P

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

All the plus points of Dota are kept .. Plus the things that can't be done on the War3 engine are done like a Boss ...

Things are done so so so beautifully ..

No excessive bright graphics like hon , colours are good to the eye

Graphics are improved than Warcraft 3

Buying things especially the upgrades is so easy :majesty:

Plus no lag at all in the game .. Matchmaking hardly takes 2-3 mins

Really mindblowing game .. Its just the best game I have ever played in my life ..

I had bought Halo CEA two days back .. I don't think I will be playing it anytime soon. :P

• 4 weeks later...

Played my first game - definitely all kinds of awesome. But why oh why isn't there a basic tutorial also? It took me hit and trial to figure out how to buy things from the shop ffs.

Tutorial will be there in full game .. This is a beta :P

Played my first game - definitely all kinds of awesome. But why oh why isn't there a basic tutorial also? It took me hit and trial to figure out how to buy things from the shop ffs.

tutorials aren't implemented in the beta. watch live matches from the main menu to learn the basics of the game and how to handle heroes. then pick a hero that you like and stick with it for 10-15 games while you learn to play yourself. i'd suggest a ranged agility hero like the sniper or viper so that you can survive longer (by running away from fights if you need to :P). and it takes patience, lots of patience to learn this game. i have over 100 hours played and i still consider myself a newbie.

I used to play dota on garena for the past 5 years but I havent played dota 2 at all. Would appreciate it very much if any of you would give me a beta key.

Make a Steam id and go to dota2.com or whatever blog it is and fill the registration form for Dota 2 beta key ..

I got a message from Steam Support which activated the beta for my account

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived