IVG Champions Cricket League 2014 | ICCL Trophy 2014 | A Battle for the real trophy in Don Bradman Cricket 2014

indian_tamizhan

As SA says it would be much more interesting to choose the players thru auction. I understand that this thing is not new for u. Because u r the legend of IVG cricket since many years. :first: So hope u ll spend ur time for the auctions by accepting my request!

And It took me 1 full day to gather the player names for the auction. But anyhow if other guys dislike the auction then we can proceed in some other way. And as i said before, this is our tourney. So we ve to set the rules. There are no pre-fixed rules including auction. :thumbsup:

I would prefer standard teams / tournament than auctions, however if others prefer auction then its fine.

I think we have enough people..

I already invited few regular guys from the DBC facebook group bro. So lets keep the total teams to 18. Bcos we are gonna play for a trophy. So lets conduct this tourney in a more professional way with more number of players than like a regular tournament. Lets keep the play-offs as it is and lets split these 18 players to two groups of 9 each.. then the top two of each group will be qualified for the playoffs. Lets use random.org website to assign the players to group a or b.

And regarding the auctions we will discuss. I have two ideas as of now:-

1. If there 18 plyrs registered in total, then lets split this into 9 pairs. For example me and magdoum will make a pair, u and gautam will make a pair, avishkar and arvind will make a pair etc etc., So in total there will be 9 pairs if 18 members are registered. Let me say it as Pair-A, Pair-B, Pair-C... Pair-I. For example let me name the two guys of Pair-A as Player 1 and Player 2. Then in the auctions these two guys of Pair-A will have to choose a single team which would be applicable for both of them. They can just rename their team names while they play their matches. But they must have to play with the same squad of 15.

2. Or else lets choose the default IPL teams.. ie., for example chennai super kings can be choosen only by two players and mumbai indians by two plyrs like that..

3. Or else lets find some easy way to conduct the auctions to finish it quickly.

I already invited few regular guys from the DBC facebook group bro. So lets keep the total teams to 18. Bcos we are gonna play for a trophy. So lets conduct this tourney in a more professional way with more number of players than like a regular tournament. Lets keep the play-offs as it is and lets split these 18 players to two groups of 9 each.. then the top two of each group will be qualified for the playoffs. Lets use random.org website to assign the players to group a or b.

Very bad idea.

The moment 5-6 people start realising that they can't make it to the top two; they will stop playing. Better to make 4 groups of 5 or something and letting top 2 from each group reach quarter finals. At least then people will have more incentive to finish all games.

Very bad idea.

The moment 5-6 people start realising that they can't make it to the top two; they will stop playing. Better to make 4 groups of 5 or something and letting top 2 from each group reach quarter finals. At least then people will have more incentive to finish all games.

Excellent bro. Ya you are correct. So Lets do it like this.

Archived