The Retro Thread

Tyler

So I decided to create this thread after reading all the posts about G.I. Joe, Masters of the Universe, 80s cartoons/comics, action figures etc in the Movie Discussion Thread.

All discussion about your favorite stuff from your childhood goes here!

same here ... but not GI Joe ... i would get the Masters of the Universe action figures ... ... and when the He - Man movie came out, i think i spent 2 - 3 days crying and pestering my parents to take me to the movie .... hell i still watch the cartoons today .....

@Tyler : Same here :threatenlumber:

I remember a few names like Razor back, Radar Rat aah and that Plane..I had these three with me. My fav was, MainFrame figure.

@Reaper - Yes I liked that too, I had He Man action figure and Skeletors vehicle.

i use to love GI JOE's , Hotwheels , HE man , and i had tat he man walla castle also ..

my fav cartoons where. { Dexter , Powerpuff girls lol , johnys quest , Scobby doo.. }

Those days were the best man..

rite after my post in movie thread i started to dig into the drawer which has my Video cassette n media collection( has become really small now).

while looking at all that , was thinking of makin this thread Tyler beat me to it

neways thanks for opening this up tyler.

Johny Quest was my fav,

I also like Dexter, Powerpuff girls, Scooby doo, Felix, lulu, Felix the cat, smurfs, jetsons....yes Kush, those were the days :threatenlumber:.

same here ... but not GI Joe ... i would get the Masters of the Universe action figures ... ... and when the He - Man movie came out, i think i spent 2 - 3 days crying and pestering my parents to take me to the movie .... hell i still watch the cartoons today .....

My brother and I gave up on Masters of the Universe when we discovered G.I.Joe... mainly because during that time guns and explosions seemed more appealing and also the Joe figures had better articulation and looked more natural. The MoTU figures looked kinda stupid when you put them in their vehicles and stuff.

^^ u da man!!!! :thumbsup:

rite after my post in movie thread i started to dig into the drawer which has my Video cassette n media collection( has become really small now).

while looking at all that , was thinking of makin this thread Tyler beat me to it

neways thanks for opening this up tyler.

Thanks guys.

Another one is Swat Cats...I loved that the most 4 PM Cartoon Network = Swat Cats.

PLus Aladdin about 10-13 years back DoorDarshan 4 PM Fridays :thumbsup:

My childhood favs:

street hawk

knight rider

Johnny sokko and his flying robot (Giant Robot)

He Man, spidey, super man

GI Joe

Monopoly (used to play this like crazy)

TMNT

phantom and mandrake comics

archies (esp the double digest stuff)

oh and 'richie rich' as well !

P.S: I left out the disney/t&j/popeye as pretty much everyone likes 'em !

The MoTU figures looked kinda stupid when you put them in their vehicles and stuff.

reaper angry!!!! reaper smash!!!! reaper destroy!!!

U will pay for that Tyler!!!!!

im going to come to ur house and destroy ur GI Joe action figures just like i did to a friends collection when i was a kid .... :thumbsup:

BTW ... any one a fan of Top Cat??? the cartoon series which was aired in CN in its earlier days???? that was one of my favorites ....

and speaking of cats, SWAT kATS anyone??? I was a real big fan of that series ... Razor and T-bone and their hi-tech gadgets ... FTW.

tbraz57wx.jpg

:thumbsup: ...

great thread......

me loved.....jhonny quest..especially the song...man...its was cool..

swat cats...transformers....scooby....looney toons....

.....hehehehe....still watch if get time......

but thats like once in a blue moon....

The MoTU figures looked kinda stupid when you put them in their vehicles and stuff.

im going to come to ur house and destroy ur GI Joe action figures just like i did to a friends collection when i was a kid .... :thumbsup:

BTW ... any one a fan of Top Cat??? the cartoon series which was aired in CN in its earlier days???? that was one of my favorites ....

and speaking of cats, SWAT kATS anyone??? I was a real big fan of that series ... Razor and T-bone and their hi-tech gadgets ... FTW.

tbraz57wx.jpg

I used to watch swat cats during my engg days :P

True, SWAT Kats had some awesome gadgets and characters! I forgot his name, but that big dark cloaked guy was awesome!

As for the Masters of the Universe figures, you'll have to agree that they all used the same recycled parts just with different paint jobs and equipment. The G.I.Joes were far more diverse and cool... :P

Archived