As DICE get closer to unveiling Battlefield 4, the internet as always has gone into detective mode trying to find scraps of information before the official reveal. A site by the name of BF4Central (that isn’t working for some reason right now) has uncovered certain Battlefield 4 details from one of their “sources”.
Here’s the summary, courtesy Neogaf:
- Battlefield 4 will stick with 64 players. Maps are larger and more detailed.
- Three factions: US, Russia, and an unnamed “Eastern/Asian” faction.
- 4 classes with “additional features and tweaks” compared to BF3
- Shipping with same amount of maps as BF3, there are plans for lots of DLC.
- DLC is already in planning stages.
- Battlefield 4 Premium will be available on day one and include some perks.
- Most of the guns and vehicles from BF3 will return.
- More squad features.
- Commander feature returns, but won’t be the same as in BF2
- Battlefield 4 is coming out on both current and next gen systems, and PC as well.
- Game is more of an evolution rather than revolution of the series. Both technically and gameplay wise.
- Will ship with more game modes than BF3
- Will ship with more close quarter infantry maps than BF3
- Frostbite 2 engine is pushed further in BF4. Better effects, higher res textures, more detailed game worlds, etc.
- BF3 will still be supported after Battlefield 4 launches.
- There is plan of some sort of integration between BF3 and BF4. Could be Battlelog-only.
- Battlelog will be updated for Battlefield 4 with more social features and more detailed stats.
- Single-player and co-op will return, new writers involved this time.
We’re going to label this information as a rumour for now, but if true, it seems a bit disappointing that the jump from Battlefield 3 to 4 will not be as drastic as I had envisioned.