This week’s Famitsu featured a developer interview regarding Final Fantasy Type – 0 for the PSP, and there has been some new information available from it. The game is 80% complete and the release date has been pushed back for a fall release in Japan.
- The game will have 30 to 40 hours play time, or 100 hours for those who play fully.
- We’ll probably have to wait until Fall for the game (this was said with an apology, as the game was previously promised for Summer).
- There will be a music tie-up.
- The basics of the game outside of multiplayer are complete. They’re currently working on the ad-hoc play component.
- The game will have some fighting game style elements, like movement canceling.
- The Type-0 version of the Shiva summon is “erotic”.
- You can hold down buttons to repeat moves rather than pressing the button repeatedly.
- Button assignment includes: triangle for your character’s standard attack, circle and square can be assigned to attacks and magic, X for defense and defensive magic, and L + d-pad to swap your character.
- Square Enix is currently looking into the possibility of a download version
- Similar to The 3rd Birthday, there will be Square Enix Members connectivity. You’ll be able to see stats on character use and enemy kills amongst fellow members.
Previously known as Final Fantasy Agito XIII; the game was revealed in 2006, along with Final Fantasy Versus XIII. The game will ship on two UMD’s and a Playstation Vita version is unconfirmed.