rdsarna

Its pretty good. The expected gorgeous art and music from Supergiant is obviously there, and this time it services the world building exceptionally well. Its gotta kinda post-mordern gothic look, similar to sunless sea.

They story is pretty cool too, the pacing and progression is actually amazing, and it changes according to your results as well, where the emotional pay off often is different depending  on the result.

The weird thing is that gameplay directly often affects the story in immediate but meaningful ways, whereas the dialogue and choices are not often consequential. I dont really mind it much though to be honest.

Havent played the vs mode yet, but the combat its that challenging atleast in the campaign uptill now. Hoepfully the difficulty curves upwards a bit as it progresses couse otherwise it might feel like a bit of a chore if I can just sack most battles using a couple of strategies over and over.

Boring ? But the reviewers seem to be praising the gameplay a lot. I am about to buy it but I wasnt expecting boring after those stellar reviews and well after Bastion and transistor. Although it does seem to be pretty unconventional but then transistor also had a unique battle system which felt pretty new and exciting.
Boring becuase it feels like a sport instead of a fight or just unexciting while playing?

I don't know about reviewers but it is just not fun; at least when playing SOLO. The versus mode is also only local which I was earlier happy as I thought it'll be different and nothing like this. This game needs online versus to make it somewhat fun and challenging.

This has been a complete disappointment as I enjoyed both of their games. The art-style is fantastic, the OST quality is oozing with some decent writing, but the gameplay itself is so unexciting to play.  

On top of that with the very limited depth, it gets awfully repetitive too. The entire thing is fundamentally based on same tasks. Transistor had some decent depth. Here all you do is pass the orb and try to score. Like Madden. This game's core loop is 15 minutes of the linear story followed by 5 minutes of not-great gameplay. 

Archived