The Ebay Thread

It's not them. Your CC provider will simply start charging you interest on the transaction. Like any other.

It's pretty much like that ebay charges your CC provider; and then the latter charges you in EMIs. From there onwards its between you and the CC company

So has anyone ever bought from Ebay using EMIs? A friend of mine wants me to buy something for him using my Ebay ID (he has no online banking or anything). I trust him and thats not the problem.

Its just that I have no idea how ebay will take payments or anything. Any idea how things go. Anything I should know about?

They block the total amount in your card immediately.

If you use an ICICI card then they charge the EMI from the next month only.

Eg. If you buy on 13th, June using your ICICI Card, the first EMI shows up 13th, July in your CC statement, so effectively it is like 7 months.

If you use any other Bank CC, then the first EMI is charged immediately.

Edit - I think for Non-ICICI CC, they charge some processing few for 6 months EMI option.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey i want to sell AVATAR Blu Ray on EBAY INDIA.. Its sealed and 3 disc extended collectors edition. i am selling it for Rs. 1350 all inclv. Its gonna be my first sale on ebay.

its asking me to -- Attention Seller:

You must be a pre-approved seller in order to list in this category.Learn More

I want to know what should i do to become a seller.

Hey i want to sell AVATAR Blu Ray on EBAY INDIA.. Its sealed and 3 disc extended collectors edition. i am selling it for Rs. 1350 all inclv. Its gonna be my first sale on ebay.

its asking me to -- Attention Seller:

You must be a pre-approved seller in order to list in this category.Learn More

I want to know what should i do to become a seller.

contact their customer care...there are some item...like movies also..where ebay has this policy...it is done to avoid sellers who sell pirated movies etc...

you need to complete their formalities in order to become a seller who can sell in that category

hey i want to purchase through ebay .co.uk will i be able to purchase through my regular debit or credit card

nope.paypal.thats the usual option ,sellers give if they want to sell to international customers like you

thanks can i link paypal with debit card also i am buying xbox 360 hdd case from ebau au when it comes to payment page it asks for credit card only and when i buy through ebay india whenever i want to pay thorugh sbi debit card it asks for cvv no which i dont have i am sick of this could you help before february it did not ask please help

thanks can i link paypal with debit card also i am buying xbox 360 hdd case from ebau au when it comes to payment page it asks for credit card only and when i buy through ebay india whenever i want to pay thorugh sbi debit card it asks for cvv no which i dont have i am sick of this could you help before february it did not ask please help

in paypal you cant link indian debit cards...few guys may say they were able to link...but mostly it wont link...you can link your credit card to paypal easily.

the case you want to buy from ebay au,if its asking for credit card...well you can try and give ...but mostly sellers who ship internationally ask for paypal payment...see the item you are purchasing if he is going to ship internationally...i doubt it...he may have given credit card option for local guys...still ask him or check in his listing...its usually mentioned in the listing the places where the seller has agreed to ship

yea that the cvv number ...at the back of your card as zergey said

not sure about debit card...but credit card need to be registered for mastercard secure code/verified by visa also.its can be done at your bank site.its a 6 digit secure code that you use for any online transactions.maybe you need to register your debit card for that also,since once you enter the cvv and other details...you will be transferred to the next page where they will ask this secure code...this happens with credit cards...but i think this applies to debit cards too..not totally sure

As far as debit cards are concerned once u enter the delails.. car number and cvv.. the process is done.. u wont be asked any other stuffs. And u dont need to register it or something. U can directly start using it :)

yea that why i was not sure i said..with credit card its that way...and i always use credit instead of debit cards..thanks for clearing this out

@obaid bhai

thanks for clearing it up.

So all the people who want to sell stuff, non-pirated on Ebay have to register with EBAY INDIA Mumbai office in the prescribed format, and then one is done after getting the approval.

PS: I prefer debit cards over credit cards.

@gs_roxx

i have one SBI Debit card which doesnt have CVV no. and neither the expiry date, but it still works online and ofcourse at ATMs and retail shops.

@obaid bhai

thanks for clearing it up.

So all the people who want to sell stuff, non-pirated on Ebay have to register with EBAY INDIA Mumbai office in the prescribed format, and then one is done after getting the approval.

PS: I prefer debit cards over credit cards.

@gs_roxx

i have one SBI Debit card which doesnt have CVV no. and neither the expiry date, but it still works online and ofcourse at ATMs and retail shops.

most welcome....

and for using debit card you need money in your account..which does not apply to me :P ...so cc ftw

Guys,I need your help with this..Confused which one i should buy.Please suggest which one is more value for money.And whether anyone has bought these earlier or not...

This one has 10 inch screesn+better processor

http://cgi.ebay.in/Google-Android-2-2-7-MID-Tablet-PC-aPad-Wifi-3G-800Mhz-/280696956492?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_203&hash=item415ad7a64c

Cheaper,with 7" screen..

http://cgi.ebay.in/Zenithink-ZT180-10-1GHz-Google-Android-2-1-Tablet-aPad-/170654587727?pt=IN_PC_Laptops&hash=item27bbce5b4f

And also can i buy using a debit card on ebay or not..This wud b my first shopping on eBay..

Thanks in advance for the help,

Guys,I need your help with this..Confused which one i should buy.Please suggest which one is more value for money.And whether anyone has bought these earlier or not...

This one has 10 inch screesn+better processor

http://cgi.ebay.in/Google-Android-2-2-7-MID-Tablet-PC-aPad-Wifi-3G-800Mhz-/280696956492?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_203&hash=item415ad7a64c

Cheaper,with 7" screen..

http://cgi.ebay.in/Zenithink-ZT180-10-1GHz-Google-Android-2-1-Tablet-aPad-/170654587727?pt=IN_PC_Laptops&hash=item27bbce5b4f

And also can i buy using a debit card on ebay or not..This wud b my first shopping on eBay..

Thanks in advance for the help,

wont suggest you to buy all these stuff...wont last...buy good brands

and yea you can use debit cards

wont suggest you to buy all these stuff...wont last...buy good brands

and yea you can use debit cards

seconded..

EDIT:

giftsngarments ( Feedback Score Of 95Blue star icon for feedback score in between 50 to 99)

95.2% Positive feedback

And, youre actually thinking of buying from him?

Archived