What you bought this week

HundredProofSam

On a purchase decision like this, its not very hard to make up your mind. The difficult part is sifting through the myriad opinions and reviews online and deciding which device's general consensus meets your requirements or expectations. This first step will help you narrow down your choices dramatically.

The second step is trying it out with music samples that you are well versed with and bringing along your existing workhorse, allowing you to test the sound quality of the cans against a benchmark you know well, using music you know well.

Having done all this, if the prospective purchase meets or surpasses your expectations, there is no need to keep looking out for other options. The Solo HD frankly exceeded my expectations. I am no audiophile, but I use enough different capable sound systems at home, at work and on the move, to know what I should be looking for and what appeals to me.

One query. Have you owned a set of Dres?

after reading the last line i think i should shut up :)

Neither do i own a sports car of hell, even a normal car, but i have my techniques right, that does not make a blabber-er(?) even if i don't own it, i roughly have an idea of what to expect and what not to.

but yes i have had exposure to some high priced cans, including bose qc3 and ae-8 iirc and they did not sound great to me despite the fact that the entire class was raving about them, and no i did not say they were bad in the class, i said they were nice and was out of everyone's sight.

I repeat once again, i am not saying you made a bad decision, you are happy with it and that is what counts, if you had bought some other headphone that sounded even 0.01% better than dres but even after buying them if your heart would long for dre's, it wouldn't have been worth it.

btw try some rather expensive cans in your budget, 30-40kish on your zune hd, the difference won't be that apparent is what i'm trying to say.

after reading the last line i think i should shut up :)

Neither do i own a sports car of hell, even a normal car, but i have my techniques right, that does not make a blabber-er(?) even if i don't own it, i roughly have an idea of what to expect and what not to.

I wasnt trying to belittle you with that query. I was curious since you seem to be quite vehemently against them.

Okay. Rephrase. Have you tried Dres?

I wasnt trying to belittle you with that query. I was curious since you seem to be quite vehemently against them.

nope :fear:

:scarerun:

and it's not like i hate them, the price that they were being sold for (~350ish) was too much, it was waaaaaaaaaaaaay overpriced, hence why i dislike them, it has more to do because of a celebrity endorsement warranting a higher price and selling much more units than better phones at that price that has me irked up.

nope :fear:

:scarerun:

and it's not like i hate them, the price that they were being sold for (~350ish) was too much, it was waaaaaaaaaaaaay overpriced, hence why i dislike them, it has more to do because of a celebrity endorsement warranting a higher price and selling much more units than better phones at that price that has me irked up.

:doh:

So you're just like all those idiots on the internet spewing hate against products without actually using them firsthand.

I am disappointed abhi. Didnt expect this from you.

In any case, the Solo HD costs $200 on Amazon and I got it for less than that.

I have tried the monster beats pro , I will be honest , for 400$ cans the sound was very bland , the bass was good though ( better than the SkullCandies for sure ) but the sound reproduction wasn't nearly as good as my 120$ M-50 s ..

I don't mean to offend you yaar , but my heart aches a little whenever I see people buying overhyped stuff like Dr Dre , Skullcandy , Bose or even COD for that matter ..

I have tried the monster beats pro , I will be honest , for 400$ cans the sound was very bland , the bass was good though ( better than the SkullCandies for sure ) but the sound reproduction wasn't nearly as good as my 120$ M-50 s ..

I don't mean to offend you yaar , but my heart aches a little whenever I see people buying overhyped stuff like Dr Dre , Skullcandy , Bose or even COD for that matter ..

COD :lol:

I tried the Beats Pro and the Detox Limited Edition. They are good, but not worth the price tag. On the other hand, the Solo HD is, IMO, well worth it. The bass is not overpowering, there's great midrange and better than expected high range output.

COD :lol:

I tried the Beats Pro and the Detox Limited Edition. They are good, but not worth the price tag. On the other hand, the Solo HD is, IMO, well worth it. The bass is not overpowering, there's great midrange and better than expected high range output.

I have not tried them so I won't go too much against you ..

When are you coming to India ? I might try em out :naughty:

In the COD comment were you laughing at me or the comment :fear:

:doh:

So you're just like all those idiots on the internet spewing hate against products without actually using them firsthand.

I am disappointed abhi. Didnt expect this from you.

In any case, the Solo HD costs $200 on Amazon and I got it for less than that.

ohwaitaminit, i thought you got the beats pro, should've seen the pics, my bad :suicide:

and well it's just my opinion :) and i dont have the resources to try them out, frankly i never try to be vocal about things that i'm not sure and the beats pro are overpriced imo

and i dont think i "spewed hate"

:fear:

peace?

great buy, how's the NC of the denon?

:doh: Comparing skullcandy with bose.

Most of the bose stuff sounds awesome.They still provide the best VFM if you compare them with all these fancy brands.

EDIT They are super comfy as well.

Edited by AngerSmash

These 3 beauties turned up today :happydance:

20111122202054.jpg

Uncharted Trilogy Steelbook (has 3 slots for all the 3 titles)

CoD MW Trilogy collection steelbook (this one is different from a slimmer version of the same steelbook that was launched in France as this one has more space inside and a thick spine)

Medal of Honor spanish exclusive steelbook

20111122202322.jpg

20111122202423.jpg

Interior of the steelbooks (MW trilogy has a completely different inner layout with 3 flap disc slots unlike the push button slots that is generally seen in trilogy or dual slot tins)

These 3 beauties turned up today :happydance:

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/32/20111122202054.jpg

Uncharted Trilogy Steelbook (has 3 slots for all the 3 titles)

CoD MW Trilogy collection steelbook (this one is different from a slimmer version of the same steelbook that was launched in France as this one has more space inside and a thick spine)

Medal of Honor spanish exclusive steelbook

Interior of the steelbooks (MW trilogy has a completely different inner layout with 3 flap disc slots unlike the push button slots that is generally seen in trilogy or dual slot tins)

Awesome mate. How do you able to find all these mate! Salute to your passion bro.