The Football Thread

Xeno

well i used to order a lot from them when I was outside the country so they are reliable and that I know. Just wanted to know if people run into issues with customs magically swallowing your order. Now all I have to do is wait.

Would I really find a Tottenham jersey in local stores of Pune.... :scratchchin:

Kill two birds with one stone. Go to Goa, Calangute beach and there is a store there (can't remember the name but I'll find out) and I am pretty sure that you will get a Tottenham jersey there. I was shocked when I saw a Chelsea Third kit there a year ago.

Kill two birds with one stone. Go to Goa, Calangute beach and there is a store there (can't remember the name but I'll find out) and I am pretty sure that you will get a Tottenham jersey there. I was shocked when I saw a Chelsea Third kit there a year ago.

Wtf...I was there at calangute beach just few weeks before....talk about timing.... :rant:

yeah i do know that store - I visit it every time I go to Goa...its located just before the main calangute roundabout (from whr if u go staright i hit calangute beach and if u take right u go to baga)

anyways AFAIK they sell only fake jerseys and not original...

yeah i do know that store - I visit it every time I go to Goa...its located just before the main calangute roundabout (from whr if u go staright i hit calangute beach and if u take right u go to baga)

anyways AFAIK they sell only fake jerseys and not original...

That's another store and I never buy anything from there personally but I've taken loads of people there lol. The store I am talking about is before the turn down to baga, kinda hard to describe unless you know that area. Its around the church round-about on the other side where no one goes.

Young to United, almost confirmed, I think. I still think United will sign another player or 2. Chelsea will definitely spread the cash to accommodate the new manager and the ageing/not performing parts of the squad. This will lead Arsenal to be trailing further beyond the pack if Arsene Wenger doesnt make a quality signing, quickly. :furious:

yep. 5 year deal for Young. From the official site

16-20 mn pounds deal it seems.

Also, Berba shall hold talks about his future this week. As per the agent, he "wants to stay".

i hope he doesnt go. He is a good option if rooney is not available. heck, he was the top scorer in the league.

Edited by DevilsOwn

^^^ Sad. Indian football needs serious help or else this will be the case with most of the clubs... :(

BTW I am really excited by the addition of Young to our ranks. We were lacking terribly in the freekicks department when Ronny left and now we have possibly addressed that issue (to an extent)... :)

Edited by SchneideR

7 Creatures of the Transfer Window

1) The Eternal Optimist

Don't worry about a thing, 'cos every seemingly ridiculous signing will be alright. Sold your best striker and replaced him with a dud from the second tier of French football? Eh, it can be hard to score goals in that division, English football will suit him. The Eternal Optimist will spin everything so that it makes perfect sense.

Natural Habitat: A Betting Shop

Most likely to say: "The manager knows what he's doing."

Least likely to say: "We've signed WHO?"

2) The Football Manager Addict

Never heard of a player and have no idea how he'd fit in at your club? Just find the Football Manager Addict. They'll be able to give you a rundown of his strengths, weaknesses, positional ability, shot strength, attitude, sell-on value and how good they'll be in five years. Who needs to actually watch football anyway!?

Natural Habitat: University Halls of Residence

Most likely to say: "I know it's not real BUT..."

Least likely to say: "I've renewed my season ticket."

3) The Apathetic

Jaded by years of transfer windows these people have seen it all. Cynical about any link with a player they take everything with a tonne of salt. Always ready to hose down your excitement about the possibility of a signing, frustratingly they're correct more often than not.

Natural Habitat: On a Higher Plane

Most likely to say: "There's no point speculating until he's pictured with the shirt on."

Least likely to say: "The deal is almost done, I read it on Twitter."

4) The Committed Pessimist

It’s all going wrong. It is. Perhaps they predicted doom wrongly last year but this time they really mean it. The club is going the wrong way. A slippery slope to nowhere. So you've just signed a world class player? Pah, what's world class these days? He could get injured on the first day of the season and then what? A new keeper, two defenders, a midfielder or three, and a top class striker are essential to avoid the fate they are predicting – and even then it will be a close run thing.

Natural Habitat: Football Forums

Most likely to say: "I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist."

Least likely to say: "We're looking good for next season."

5) The In-The-Know

This creature literally thrives at this time of year and is lesser spotted outside of it. They won't reveal why they know what they know but they'll tell you that they know it. They just know y'know. They know what you don’t know but would like to know yet they never know anything that would be boring to know as that wouldn’t be worth them knowing. Now you know.

Natural Habitat: In the Pub or on Twitter

Most likely to say: "Just trust me."

Least likely to say: "I've no idea."

6) The Wind-up Merchant

Of course your best player wants to leave, you're a small club. Last season was your peak and so next season will be your trough. Its better you accept it now. You're a selling club. Not in the market for best players. Basically find the most controversial angle on any subject and the Wind Up Merchant will take it to a new level.

Natural Habitat: On the payroll at TalkSPORT

Most likely to say: "If you disagree, you know how to get in touch."

Least likely to say: "I could be wrong as it’s just my opinion after all."

7) The Sufferer of Premature Elation

A lack of football can lead to a certain level of delirium for these people. Just the slightest rumour can result in them proposing formations for next season to suit the player's strengths, making up chants, and contacting the club shop to see what number shirt the player will be wearing.

Natural Habitat: Pacing Any Room Repeatedly

Most likely to say: "Where should I get the tattoo?"

Least likely to say: "It'll never happen."

Guilty of being a 3 or a 5!!! :fear: