Singstar

CarbonCore

PalGN reviews Singstar PS3

From PalGN

Graphics: 9.0

Even the non-HD video clips look a treat and the interface is intuitive.

Sound: 8.5

Singstar PS3 features one of the best soundtracks yet, but if you're not happy why not just jump online and create your own custom soundtrack?

Gameplay: 8.0

The formula hasn't changed but this doesn't stop Singstar from being one of the ultimate party games.

Lifespan: 8.5

With new Singstar songs set to be released every few weeks you won't be able to stop yourself from hopping online to download the latest songs.

Overall: 8.5

Singstar for the PlayStation 3 isn't fundamentally different from its predecessors but there is very little left to change for the franchise. With a great soundtrack and some long overdue online features, Singstar is a great continuation of the series.

• 2 months later...

What do you think Guys...will a singstar Playstaion 3 come..i will buy that.... ;)

Would have bought for Playstaion 2 but i got a US NTSC console :eyebrow2:

its already coming, but not bollywood

peace

Ya saw the English version but would want and will buy the Bollywood(whenever it comes) one its more fun on get together and listening to your friends drink and acting crazy...nothing better then that...wish i had it for the GI bangalore meet tommorow.... ;)

peace

Ya saw the English version but would want and will buy the Bollywood(whenever it comes) one its more fun on get together and listening to your friends drink and acting crazy...nothing better then that...wish i had it for the GI bangalore meet tommorow.... ;)

i can see, you are toying with some wild ideas for tomorrow. :tongue4:

peace

i can see, you are toying with some wild ideas for tomorrow. :tongue4:

Yehhh....

• 3 months later...

IGN Singstar review

9.5 Presentation

The menus are seamless; you can navigate the game, store and online without jumping through hoops; and there's a slick combination of video and personality that make you part of the global community.

8.0 Graphics

Although I thought the PlayStation Eye footage and music videos could be sharper, the different wallpapers, pitch/timing bars, and menu interface look really, really sharp.

8.5 Sound

You can turn off the real artist's vocals. Yay!

8.5 Gameplay

Singing in SingStar has always been fun, but now that you can create your own track list by downloading your favs and manage your online personality take the experience further than ever.

9.0 Lasting Appeal

With 25 to 50 songs coming every month, SingStar's got legs. Even if you didn't download new tracks, uploading videos and making friends should have you signing on for quite sometime.

8.5 Great OVERALL

Any idea when milestone is getting this?

Me and hahaman played singstar on ps2 a few days back...i liked the game it was crazy fun

hahaman is a fabulous singer...he won every song ..even the song shite flag by dido ...and when we plugged in singstar with singstar bollywood hahaman sung as well as danced and broke a few things nearby lol...he won again

watch out for his new album

• 3 months later...

this game is so awesome i got singstar rocks n singstar amped now its damn fun to play with friends also the game Buzz:the maha quiz both together kills off the wii party games PS2 Forever

• 4 years later...

Sorry to be bumping up an old thread but I just noticed the Singstar app tucked away neatly in my PS3. My curiosity got the better of me, and I ended up purchasing 3 tracks. :bigyellowgrin:

Rolling in the Deep, 500 miles and Living on a Prayer. And I must say, this game is crazy fun. Much better than the cheap-a*s karaoke mic thing we have at home, which has 10,000 something songs with the most god-awful presentation. Anyone know where I can get a good deal on Singstar Sings? Or will I have to purchase all of them for 80 bucks. :(

PS: For the uninitiated, Singstar became free on PS3 in October. Here's the link..

Archived