Why is getting an ID so frustrating in India?

Walker

10 hours ago, adity said:

My passport application was seamless. Police verification was smoothened by waving 500 ka note. Those assholes will reject the verification for f**king anything. 

My verification was done at the local station. I was seated right next to a lockup cell with petty criminals squatting. People were creative in the “How” of they were doing it but I was too scared/embarrassed to pull it off. 
Just stayed polite and got a taunt at the end “Aap itne bade bank mein kaam karte ho, par aapko kuch samjh nahi aata” and approved “grudgingly”. Maybe the guy before me went overboard with his generosity :rofl:

12 hours ago, Jigsaw said:

My passport application was rejected twice on flimsy grounds like need original bill of Airtel postpaid from 7 years ago blah blah. 
Finally in the third attempt they tried to shoo me away in the final “docket” submission stage stating 10th standard marksheet is missing. Also had the balls to recommend me that I should’ve done 10th before doing 12th. 
Tried to be as calm as I am unusually not, and explained I have arranged all the educational certs in descending order. So 10th would be right at the bottom. Also explained legally one cannot do 12th without doing 10th. Aunty then came up with another excuse, bank logo on my bank account statement is in Color. It should be B&W. I said that’s how the branch gave it to me while attesting it. 
Creme de la creme : Aunty said “Fine I’ll accept it since you’re also Maharashtrian” :wallbash:

I hope you said Jai Maharashtra , Jai Maratha manoos