Uncharted:Drake's Fortune

KnackChap

Finished Uncharted(finally) in normal mode,LOL @ 340 rewards points. 660 remaining.

I must say this was truly an amazing journey of action/adventure in the midst of treasure hunt. Highly recommended for all PS3 owners. now I know why PS3 gamers are playing this over n over again.

Edit: off to Heavenly Sword until I get UT3 from PA.com

Finally got the game yesterday at Sony World.

After weeks of waiting was available in only one Sony World shop in Bangalore. (But they had about 5 or 6 of them)

Man, Bangalore sucks when it comes to game availability.

What seems funny to me is, Landmark@Forum,bangalore has a rack full of PS3,PS2,PSP games and blu-rays, more than what all Sony Worlds in bangalore combines has.

Landmark has Uncharted since more than a couple of weeks now.

logo-mini.png

For one year the PS3 has been crucified by Gamers all over the World, saying its an overpriced piece of block. PS3 came at a time when Xbox 360 and Wii were selling like hot cakes, it came out with hardly any exclusive titles and was priced 200$ and 300$ more than the systems launched before it. It's the same story for every console launch but this was next-gen, this was THE time for quality gaming and PS3 with its bloated price tag and lack luster titles at launch made everyone think "Is this the right Console to buy ?"

drakes1.jpg

Now, almost one year after it's World wide launch. Sony is telling you that if you bought a PS3, you are not gonna regret it. PS3 now has an epic title who's name is Uncharted: Drake's Fortune who will put a stop to all naysayers who ever doubted that buying a Playstation 3 was not worth it. IMHO Drakes Fortune has made a benchmark for every game to follow, from it's adrenalin filled music, amazing colorful graphics and excellent voice acting which fits every chracter perfectly. Drakes Fortune is simply "THE PERFECT GAME"

submarine.jpg

Drakes Fortune looks visually stunning with huge open environments and highly detailed interiors. From Dense jungles to ruined cities, the games visuals never ceases to impress. Everything just looks so amazingly life like with the leaves moving, water dripping, birds flying and everything and anything just makes you look at it without blinking an eye. The cut scenes, no matter how much i think of it, seem like they are from A Grade Hollywood Movie. The characters are very believable because of the motion capture and voice acting. In the end, it just seems that you are in an Indiana Jones movie and you "HAVE" to know what is going to happen next. The Game designers really tried their best to make sure the Game connects with it's audience, the story will keep you at the edge of your seat. You will laugh at times when the Hero of the Game Nathan Drake cracks a joke when you least expect it, most of the time you will be in awe of his athleticism. Almost 98% of the actions Nathan performs in the game are controlled by you, "YOU" are Nathan Drake.

1065_0001-1.jpg

The Developers have tried their best to make sure that Nathan Drake is a "Human Treasure Hunter" with emotions and feelings and not a stiff log with Body Parts. The Game is in third person so you can see whole body of Nathan in front of you, well actually in Drakes Fortune you have a Body in front of you which reacts to EVERYTHING happening around him. While you are at cover and many people are shooting at you, Nathan actually puts his hand over his head as if to say "MAKE IT STOP, PLEASE MAKE IT STOP"; If his health is low, you see him tired with his arms lying on his legs and you see him breathing heavily; If he sees a grenade fall close to him, he actually gets scared and screams out "OH OH NO NO NO NONONONO"; When he misses or gets a headshot, he always has something to say. As i said you don't have a dead log here, you have a actual person here who reacts to everything around him. Subtle animations like the Cloth Movement also seem "cool", since you are running and plateforming most of the time. Your clothes should move right with the movement ? or should they remain ironed out no matter where you jump, how fast you run and if you swim in water ? Well in Drakes Fortune, while running you actually see the clothes moving with the action, they get wet when he is in water and dry out nice and slow. Just not 2-3 drops and whoosh he is dry.

uncharted_1.jpg

As i mentioned before, Drakes Fortune is "THE PERFECT GAME", it has elements of Platforming, shooting and melee combat. In Drakes Fortune you can only have two guns at a time and carry a handful of grenades. Also ammo is limited for certain weapons, game has a M4, AK47 and few sub machine guns and also a Shotgun. Also you get different types of pistols which also includes the Deagle but you can only carry 7 bullets for that. The Game has a very sweet and simple cover system at the touch of a button, from which you can either blind fire or lean out but that will leave you exposed to damage. The best thing is that you can take cover to almost anything and it will seem very fluid and won't feel like "Hmm this doesn't fit here". Drakes Fortune perfectly balances between Platforming and shooting and it's really amazing because rarely are many Games able to balance out everything perfectly. In all, when the Game starts, a movie starts. It's filled with horror, suspense, comedy and what not.

Punch.jpg

So in all, Unchartered : Drakes Fortune is a MUST BUY for every PS3 owner. Drakes Fortune manages to capture the players interest from scene one and manages to capture it throughout the Game. Nothing to hate in this Game, everything is lovable from the Graphics to the characters. It's like a fun ride that you wish never ended. When the game ends, you get that weird feeling, when a very good movie ends. You feel that you are back to reality and you can't stop thinking about it. I am sure now with exclusive titles like Resistance : Fall of Man, Motorstorm, Heavenly Sword, Drakes Fortune etc.. we know that Playstation 3 is just beginning to show it's true potential.

MainCharacters.jpg

P.S Btw i am new here, hope you like my Review :thumbsup: I am going to post a lot more :)

Archived