Gaming PCs

AtheK

Harish, I recently ordered this : Devastator bundle , came to around rs.3100/-. I needed a backlit one too bec I tend to game in the dark, and this seems decent for the price.

Locally bought or online?

I am currently reviewing it, a competent combo although they have cut corners. Also, no driver support.

Ok so this is more or less the qoute I am getting from a couple of places in NP -

AMD 8320 - 9800

Asus M5A97 2.0 - 7000

4GB RAM - 2800

Corsair VS650 650W - 4200

WD 1TB Blue - 3900

Any suggestions or changes? I pick this up day after tomorrow.

Also cant seem to find the Corsair 400R anywhere. Even SMC are out.

So other options are -

Cooler Master K380 - 3800

Or

Cooler Master HAF 912 - 5500

Will the K380 be fine? It look room enough although admittedly the HAF 912 is bigger. Or any other suggestions?

Edited by Aftrunner

AMD 8320 - 9800

Asus M5A97 2.0 - 7000

4GB RAM - 2800

Corsair VS650 650W - 4200 <AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE>

WD 1TB Blue - 3900

Any suggestions or changes? I pick this up day after tomorrow.

Everything apart from the SMPS is gold.

Try to go for the Seasonic S12II 520W or Antec VP550W over the Corsair VS650W.

Also cant seem to find the Corsair 400R anywhere. Even SMC are out.

SMC does not deal in Corsair peripherals sadly.

The Corsair Carbide 400R should be available for the price of the HAF 912, you have a PM from me on Whatsapp. Check it.

I dont think the 520W is gonna cut it. The AMD is a power hungry bastard and that rig will have a 760 or something equivalent to that in a few months time. Need 600W.

Cant check Whatsapp at the moment.

Besides I am buying the whole rig from one place, cant be bothered to assemble it. So it has to be all available at one shop.

Harish, I recently ordered this : Devastator bundle , came to around rs.3100/-. I needed a backlit one too bec I tend to game in the dark, and this seems decent for the price.

Im not going for specialized keyboard man as of now... My normal Logitech would do fine. I am saving up for the Greatness.

Afty , thumb rule. Corsair VS PSU's = AVOID. Get the TX750 V2 ( non modular - for multi GPU setup ) or a Seasonic 520 if you're not gonna CrossfireX / sLi. The latter is more than enough for a single GPU rig and a piledriver chip with even good OC.

I use the M5A97 & it's is a solid board with good VRM ( 4+2 phase I reckon ) , so that would do get you past the 4Ghz barrier pretty easily if you plan to OC , even on stock cooler. That said always buy an aftermarket cooler later down the line for around / under $30 when you get a flagship chip and you're safe. Also , scout the local market for the vanilla M5A97 and not R2.0. I dunno , but R2.0 had VRM issues when OC'ed so check the interwebz ( somewhere like Tom's , AnandT etc ) before buying. HAF 912's a great case but I'd avoid it now with so many other cases within the price tag that offer same , if not more VFM. Also this , but it'll be more than a month ( or two even ) for you to see this at retail here.

If you're in a hurry , the Corsair Carbide 400R is in stock at MD Computers. Rest all good but I'd prefer the Seagate 3TB ST3000DM001 over that WD Blue. Couple this with a 120 gig SSD somewhere down the line for OS in a RAID 0 array and it delivers pretty similar performance to that of the combo of an SSD + WD Black 2TB's. The downside is it gives you only 1 year warranty as opposed to 5 years from WD. Since you have a mainboard with UEFI BIOS , you can still use this as a boot drive if you want to avoid an SSD - but GPT support is with 64 bit Windows OS's only.

I dont think the 520W is gonna cut it. The AMD is a power hungry bastard and that rig will have a 760 or something equivalent to that in a few months time. Need 600W.

Cant check Whatsapp at the moment.

Besides I am buying the whole rig from one place, cant be bothered to assemble it. So it has to be all available at one shop.

Go for the Seasonic (heck up your budget and go for the 620). It is the true "future-proof" part of a rig.

The Seasonic 520W is a different thing altogether, it can output ~600W plus of power consistently at ~50°C. Is much more efficient than any other thing on the market and totally worth its price.

Don't compromise.

You won't find any other decent SMPS under a tight budget, Corsair VS, GS and TX series have become highly suspect, Cooler Master V / Corsair HX series are the only models worth spending.

And if my words are not enough for the Seasonic SMPS, Jonny Guru should convince you.

You will find a modular variant, the Seasonic M12II 650W to be really good in-case you want to avoid cable clutter.

Afty , thumb rule. Corsair VS PSU's = AVOID. Get the TX750 V2 ( non modular - for multi GPU setup ) or a Seasonic 520 if you're not gonna CrossfireX / sLi. The latter is more than enough for a single GPU rig and a piledriver chip with even good OC.

I would not recommend the Corsair GS, VS, TX series. Two of the type have already failed for members on this forum.

If you're in a hurry , the Corsair Carbide 400R is in stock at MD Computers. Rest all good but I'd prefer the Seagate 3TB ST3000DM001 over that WD Blue. Couple this with a 120 gig SSD somewhere down the line for OS in a RAID 0 array and it delivers pretty similar performance to that of the combo of an SSD + WD Black 2TB's. The downside is it gives you only 1 year warranty as opposed to 5 years from WD. Since you have a mainboard with UEFI BIOS , you can still use this as a boot drive if you want to avoid an SSD - but GPT support is with 64 bit Windows OS's only.

Local purchase man, M.D. charges ~2500/- for shipping the cabinet. Another member wanted to purchase it here. We found it in Nehru Place.

At its price point the Corsair Carbide 400R is undisputed. The Cooler Master 690III is heavier on the pocket.

Also about RAID, it is preferable if you don't mix the SSD with the standard electro-mechanical drive, you will loose all the advantages of the former. The SSD should ideally house an independent partition.

Hope this helps, Cheerio!

Edited by ALPHA17

All this corsair psu hate :samui:

When i built my rig back in feb 2013 Alpha had suggested me corsair tx 650 n i got it :fear: is my psu the plague? :samui:

Alpha has also gone anti corsair since then :samui:

Also, is this psu of mine modular or non? not that i know the difference :P but still would like to know :scarerun:

Edited by aman_is_here

All this corsair psu hate :samui:

When i built my rig back in feb 2013 Alpha had suggested me corsair tx 650 n i got it :fear: is my psu the plague? :samui:

Yes, we all hate Corsair.

It is fine as long as it is running fine, But read too much about Corsair's failing. So avoid suggesting them.

I am not anti-Corsair, I am anti money grab attempts and to me the VS series is grade A, brand milking.

Also, is this psu of mine modular or non? not that i know the difference :P but still would like to know :scarerun:

Is not modular.

Modular SMPS, allow you to remove cables that are not necessary.

From wiki (one on left is modular, the right is non-modular),

Modular_vs_non-modular_PSU.JPG

@Aman/Alpha/Afty :- Bad things do happen.... But this doesn't mean Corsair is bad... atleast some models of it. There might be the cases most people doesn't know about Seasonic, its rare availablity and they get corsair hence we hear about corsair failues and not seasonic.

Anyway, Your 1st preference should be 620W and above of Seasonic especially S/M122II Models, If you don't find them anywhere then go for Corsair TX & HX Models.

Regarding Corsair only 1 thing you should keep in mind, you should avoid VS Models at any cost because me too heard a lot of complains on this specific model but the rest are doing Good. Ofcourse they will be pricier than Seasonic for Obvious reasons.. Brand and OEM producer..

Btw, the above has nothing to do with my Corsiar 650 TX M.

Afty, do bear in mind that Seasonic SMPS (at least the S12II 620) carries five years warranty even though the box says just three. I've confirmed this personally with the distributor/service.

Are Pipey wo distributor to bol deta hai, But thing is Finally they had to send it to company... And there they might check that with the code.

I am not sure regarding this but this is what generally happens with other items/electronics.

^ All SMPS worth their salt give five years Warranty. Corsair even offers up-to seven years on its AXi series of SMPS.

I think only the cheap stuff like VS and Cooler Master Thunder / Real Power Plus / G series pegs it at three to five years.

Future of Gaming PCs if Razer has its way; Full Modular, mineral oil cooled.

http://reviews.cnet.com/desktops/razer-project-christine/4505-3118_7-35834097.html

Introducing Project Christine,
http://www.razerzone.com/christine

Edited by avisgr8