Kingdoms Of Amalur: Reckoning

tridenthawk

Will be checking out the demo in a bit. What's the general impressions forum folk?

sort-of-want-face.jpg

The shallow combat and cartoony every thing is a bit of a turn off after Skyrim.

There, I marked the parts which one needs to read.

I kinda liked the fable-esque combat..

check out Colins (The guy reviewing the game at IGN) impressions

According to him the combat is very easy at the start cause the game is trying to ease you in, but as you progress through the game, the enemies become stronger and smarter making you use all the abilities in your arsenal and the shield/parry ability is quite useful too.. he goes on to say that the combat is probably the best feature of an amazing game.

he also stats that even though the areas you explore in the game are a bit linear, the world is huge and littered with side quests, which though typical RPG fare are still fun.

Skyrim's combat is not as in depth as in KOA , i mean come on you basically have a hack n slash rpg , with swords , daggers , mage weapons , magic + whole lot of more stuff , it offers great upgrades to your warrior skills , something that skyrim never had in depth

BTW i just love how they walk backward normally like a Normal RPG Should , instead of those moonwalk like backsteps in skyrim , the elder scrolls series always ticked me off because of that

I Wish all the faults i talked about will be fixed , i did post on the official facebook page of the game they did reply , but do you guys here think they would consider fixing some of the bugs with patches , like for instance this is not a bug but reading trough dialogs is too annoying , we can only hear the main person of the mission talk to us but non-important people just make talking gestures & don't talk , we just have to read each dialog , skyrim does way better in this department & makes the long journey less annoying [ by that i am annoyed at the skyrims navigation map system ]

but reading trough dialogs is too annoying ,

:roflroll: people are so spoiled these days.

don't worry bro, bioware's got you covered. press A and something awesome will happen, and f**k the dialogs or story or role playing or gameplay or anything else that might 'annoy' you ;)

At first it's ok to read but then the ever so small fonts on top make my eyes hurt i have a big specs number so it's troubling me , otherwise if i had a low number i would have been ok

don't worry bro, bioware's got you covered. press A and something awesome will happen

By that if you mean chuck norris would come & read the text then it's ok :)

But for me whenever i choose a option during the convo. some lines seem to get skipped & it happens alot , i see a screen with text flash by

don't worry bro, bioware's got you covered. press A and something awesome will happen, and f**k the dialogs or story or role playing or gameplay or anything else that might 'annoy' you ;)

whatever, Bioware RPGs are much more fun nd enjoyable ...Bioware story telling nd dialogue writing is unmatched...that's the reason ppl love Bioware so much...

Only Bioware and Bethesda are capable of making good RPG games now....

whatever, Bioware RPGs are much more fun nd enjoyable ...Bioware story telling nd dialogue writing is unmatched...that's the reason ppl love Bioware so much...

Only Bioware and Bethesda are capable of making good RPG games now....

Bioware's last two games - Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age 2, and their upcoming game, Mass Effect 3. Where did you see the RPG there?

Btw what are RPG games? Doesn't RPG = role playing games?

:lol:

Why you hate Bioware so much ? :scratchchin:

just telling it like it is. i'm currently playing a bioware game and every single day me and tyler come across multiple cases of cringe worthy writing that just make you facepalm. absolutely amateur dialogs, the kind of stuff you'd find in a c-grade movie that gets a rating of 2.5 on imdb.

Archived