Dark Souls

Shadoken

@Baby Beelzebub

Buy Crest of Artorias from the Blacksmith Andrei. Use it to open the sealed glowing door, the bonfire of the area is just next to the door, behind an illusory wall. Behind the sealed door there are very tough human enemies. Killing each will net you around 2k souls. There is cheap trick to kill those enemies. Lure the enemies towards the entrance, there on the left side you will notice an extremely narrow ledge. Drop down and wait for them. The enemies following you will climb the stairs and will try to drop down on you from above, killing themselves in the process. :giggle:

Edited by meaNmachine

Dont bother farming. Its seriously boring and not worth it.

If you really need souls, lay down your white soapstone and help someone beat a boss. Its way more fun, you get humanity and the warm fuzzy feeling of helping someone through a tough part of the game.

Arena worked for a little while around launch. Even then it was a little spotty. Now its totally dead.

Not much of a problem though, as you already know the bonfire right out side is always red hot with invasions.

Edited by Aftrunner

So i got a divine ember in darkroot garden and i give it to andre. I think he'll make it into a green titinite thing. So a have an uchi+5, should i make it a divine uchi? I saw that the damage falls back down to 91 but divine power increases.

But what really sounds appealing is a lightning uchi, so when will i get the opportunity to do that?

Divine weapons scale with Faith. So only worth it if you're putting a lot of points into Faith.

As Afty said, the good thing about Fire and Lightning weapons is that they don't scale with any stat at all, so their maximum damage is available right from the start.

You can make a lightning weapon in Anor Londo.

After ringing both bells in Undead Parish and Blighttown, tackle Sen's Fortress and then Anor Londo will be next. Darkroot area is optional in between (good for levelling up and looting some nice armor).

Edit - Until then, level up your Uchi to +10 since it's a requirement before converting to lightning.

Edited by Elessar

I'm not putting any points faith right now so no divine uchi. I'll just wait to get the lightning uchi.

Also is it a good time to invest in sorcery? Early in the game i put some point into intelligence and now its about 16. Sorcery seems cool and i just rescued the sorcerer locked in that room. I'm thinking of getting great heavy soul arrow.

To get any serious usage out of any stat, you need at least 30ish in it. So if you plan on using Sorcery for proper spells then pump it up to 30+.

Other thing you could do is use that Sorcery to use Great Magic Weapon buff. That only requires 15 INT and is really good. But it wont work on Elemental weapons so again, you would need a decently upgraded weapon (+12 or more) and good points in that stat (30+ DEX or STR) to make the most of it.

If you wanna dabble in spells, Pyro is your best bet. You dont have to invest in any stat to use that.

What Afty says. You should only go for Sorcery and Miracles if you're planning to invest in the corresponding stats. This isn't an Elder Scrolls type of game where you can be good at everything.

Don't do both. Pick one of them. I suggest investing in pyro and picking str/dex as your primary stat since melee is not optional. Investing in two different schools of magic will be redundant. You can always go for an INT build later. Also don't forget that having two types of spells means you'll want extra spell slots. So in addition to INT you'll need heavy investment in ATT.

Then again, it's your choice :)

Edited by Tyler

+100 to what Afty and Tyler said. On my first playthrough I went for almost everything - vit, str, dex, faith, int, end. Ended up with a level 75+ character in AL itself. I was so OP that the game wasn't fun anymore and also had to say goodbye to PVP and jolly co-op. So restarted the game.

On my current playthrough I invest wisely. Went for a END, DEX build. Currently SL 55 and five areas left to clear. Armor and pyro upgraded to max. I have +4 Lightning Uchi and a +12 Normal Uchi.

Can anyone tell me the 'point of no return' in this game. I will get the DLC later and plan on playing the DLC areas with my current character. I haven't yet killed Hydra in Basin and have placed Lordvessel in Firelink Altar. Where should I stop playing so that I can access DLC areas later?

Edited by meaNmachine

I beat the capra demon and got the key to the depths. But before i went there i wanted to finish up darkroot basin but i cant beat the hydra.

I managed to lure all the ice giants and take them out one by one, but before i even manage to reach the hydra it attacks me with its projectiles and kills me. Rolling and dodging doesnt seem to work. Nor does zig-zagging due to the spread of the attack. And trying to block is just laughable. I managed to reach it once and took out a few of its heads, but i wasnt aware of the water cliff there and i died.

Any advice on how to get to him?

I beat the capra demon and got the key to the depths. But before i went there i wanted to finish up darkroot basin but i cant beat the hydra.

I managed to lure all the ice giants and take them out one by one, but before i even manage to reach the hydra it attacks me with its projectiles and kills me. Rolling and dodging doesnt seem to work. Nor does zig-zagging due to the spread of the attack. And trying to block is just laughable. I managed to reach it once and took out a few of its heads, but i wasnt aware of the water cliff there and i died.

Any advice on how to get to him?

Trick is step into the water as quickly as possible..when you will be 10-15 mts. inside the water..it will stop throwing water at you and will throw its tentacles at you.you can easily block these using a good shield with a decent physical DAMAGE resistance.

Be cautious dont try to get near it as there is a drop near HYDRA.you will fall off and die instantly if you try to get too close to it.

Just stay 10-15 mts. inside the water and kick its tenticles as & when it launches them towards you.

Its pretty easy once you reach the water.

Edited by ProblemSmoker