Dark Souls

Shadoken

I hope you're using the darkroot basin bonfire.

Also don't lock on to him when you're close. Wait for the melee attack and hit it's head when it gets stuck in the ground. It's a very easy fight once you figure it out. Getting to him is the challenging part, but there's no real strategy than to hug one of the walls and "bait" an attack and then quickly run towards the opposite direction. Wear lightest possible armor. The water blasts travel slow so if you're quick you can easily avoid them.

If you are getting one hit KO'd by the water spits then wait a while and comeback later when you have more health. The Hydra doesnt really drop anything worth the struggle. Its like shitty 5k souls or something and a dragon scale.

He also drops the Dusk Crown Ring.

But yeah he's pretty much an optional fight and mainly if you want to rescue Dusk asap to get her spells. In the PTD edition it's best to tackle him only when you're ready for the DLC.

Oh you haven't been to the Depths yet? Hmm, the Hydra should ideally be taken on after Blighttown

As for RoF, yes, there's a way to get it offline.... trade Skull Lantern with Snuggly the Crow.

Afty, agreed.

@dangalphgrey--- Bro,i have already been through a hell lot of pain in blightown :)

I think i have overleveled my character for this area ...OR IS IT? ;)

i have raw zweihandler 300 physical damage sword

It pretty much takes out every enemy in one or at max 2 blows...!! :)

Though crowded fast paced combat still remains challenging !!

Edited by ProblemSmoker

Don't make raw weapons. Its useless imo. Better take it elemental way.

Btw I defeated O and S. Completed painted world, had not killed the boss, since it keeps pvp open. Sl 69. Vit, end-27. Dex-40. Laito+10, bss+10, quelag fury sword, pyro+ascended 5. Next I will capture very large ember so that I can make laito+15. Is it required to make any lightning weapon. I have 2 bss. I can make one if required. Also is uchi better thann laito. I am loving laito atm.

Having a Lightning weapon in the inventory is very handy. If you don't have any other weapon you should go make one. Many people with dex builds favored the balder side sword..enchanting one with lightning wouldn't be a bad move if you like it's pierce attack which is very helpful in PvP.

Any advice for killing Quelaag? Also are any NPC summons there?

IDK why people say blightown is hard, i just picked a spot below me, rolled there, healed, checked for snipers and repeated. And I found the bonfire in no time with the signs people left.

Also i found Quelana. She wasn't there the first time i passed that spot, then i got summoned by someone and i died against Quelaag and the next time i went there she was there. Also is this place her only location and will she move or disappear after certain points in the story. I'm really low on souls and i want her pyromancies.

Run around lower Blighttown (the swamp) in human form for a while. An NPC phantom called Maneater Mildred will invade. Once you defeat her you can summon her outside the Quelaag fog gate. She's pretty useful in that fight as she pulls Quelaag's aggro and can also take quite a lot of punishment.

But even without Mildred Quelaag is a reasonably easy fight. It's just that she's a step up from the previous bosses. You need to stay on the defensive and take it slow. Always step back as soon as you get a few hits in. Her worst attack is the AOE blast which she telegraphs fairly well (her human part hunches over and reaches for the spider head). At that point just get as far away as possible. Also remember that fire is useless against her. Try buffing your weapon with Gold Pine resin if you have some.

The best advice I can give is to take it slow and not get too greedy with attacks.

BTW if you enter Blighttown via Valley Of Drakes, it's pretty easy. If you enter from the Depths side it's quite challenging. I still recommend exploring upper Blighttown though, it has some very nice loot (including Iaito and the Eagle Shield). People hate Blighttown because the frame rate on consoles is very bad (almost unplayable at times). This isn't an issue on the PC version with dsfix and it's framerate tweaks.

Edited by Tyler

You can escape by using the Valley of Drakes shortcut (Best way to enter and exit Blighttown). Use the waterwheel elevator to go up. Then keep climbing the ladders and reach the top. There you will find a path that leads to Valley of drakes. There is also a door there which leads to New Londo Ruins. From New Londo ruins you can take the elevator to reach Firelink Shrine.

The shortcuts in this game are simply amazing.

Thanks for the help bro.

The interconnectivity left me amazed the first time i though about it. And they really did a good jod making firelink shire the main center of the game. You can literally go anywhere from there.

^^ New Londo Ruins.

Stock up Humanity, Homeward Bones and wear the Covetous Gold Serpent Ring. Take the shortcut towards the Four Kings boss and farm the Darkwraiths there. The drop rate is quite low but it's the best place for farming them. If nothing, you'll end up with a load of chunks.

Then again, do you really need them? Farming is not fun :|

Edited by Tyler

There are two you can get easily. One in return to Undead Asylum and one in the DLC content. Did you waste both of them? :P

As Ty says, you really shouldnt need more than two and farming isnt really fun. The drop rate is really low. Farming for red slabs was even worse. :(

No master key. So I can't get into the door in valley of the drakes. What now? Getting out of blight town is worse than clearing it.

Edit: sorry, I got the key in the chest at the top of the platform.

Edited by Baby Beelzebub