Suggest a good gaming headphone

ΨΨ babloos ΨΨ

i would suggest the Trittons that karoo and nunni have for sale... brand new and unused...

IIRC believe u r from mumbai so picking it up from karthi should not be a hassle

i have the Turtle Beach X41 and they rock...I had the Trittons too but their sound was a bit weak as compared to Turtle Beach. Plus Turtle Beach are wireless which is a major advantage if your viewing distance is more than 9-10 feet...

The X41 is listed under X360 on the turtle beach site...Does it work on the PS3 as well? I also need a good pair of wireless headphones for my PS3...

no chat doesnt work with ps3 - only sound does...for chat one can use any BT headset...i bought these for 160$ from US...

did you have to buy a bluetooth adapter for these headphones to work with the PS3...also how much did it cost you?

you dont need to buy anything extra to make it work with ps3...if u want to chat, then only u need a BT headset...

• 1 month later...

@babloos: Which headphone did you buy? I was looking to buy one too for console gaming, Xbox.

I was looking at Audio Technica AD700 but had few doubts:

1. Does it have a volume control?

2. Is the wire hassel worth it when it comes to audio quality?

3. How would I connect it to my Xbox?

Help me out guys.

May I ask why Audio Technica AD700 over Tritton Ax Pro or Turtle Beach X41?

I have no clue about the Tritton Ax Pro.

As for AD700 vs TB X41. AD700 is cheaper and all of its reviewers recommend it.

I like the fact that TB X41 is wireless but how good is its battery life?Also, is the sound quality on par or better than AD700?

I don't see any PSN ID in your profile. Are you looking for headphones for PC gaming? Check Sony DR-GA 500 and Sony DR-GA 200 if that's the case.

Tritton Ax Pro is cool, concluded this after going through several reviews and asking people here on forum who use them. Problem is these are not available in India and it will cost 3k duty if you import through ShopYourWorld :(

TB X41 doesn't support chat on PS3 right out of the box so I didn't check much about them. It's very easy to find people who say TB X41 > Tritton Ax Pro and vice-versa.

I don't see any PSN ID in your profile. Are you looking for headphones for PC gaming? Check Sony DR-GA 500 and Sony DR-GA 200 if that's the case.

Its for my Xbox 360, have mentioned the same in my previous post.

Tritton Ax Pro is cool, concluded this after going through several reviews and asking people here on forum who use them. Problem is these are not available in India and it will cost 3k duty if you import through ShopYourWorld :(

TB X41 doesn't support chat on PS3 right out of the box so I didn't check much about them. It's very easy to find people who say TB X41 > Tritton Ax Pro and vice-versa.

You havent really answered my questions but thanks for the input. I would be getting them through a friend of mine, who would be visiting US this month.

Tritton Ax Pro are kinda expensive too and hence AD700 still seem to be a better option. Would wanna spend more than 5-6k for the headphone/headset for now.

Archived