[PC] Ask The Experts Thread

arjun

yes i have intel i3 2100 . CPU temperature is fine . Just a few seconds ago , computer booted successfully till i shutdown . I suspect that my motherboard PCI-E slot is the cause .

Might be. Which brand power supply are you using. Do not use cheap circle type power supply. If you know a friend having gaming pc try to use the GPU. If it works on that pc means yes. Motherboard pcie slot issue or something else. Otherwise it's the GPU.

Might be. Which brand power supply are you using. Do not use cheap circle type power supply. If you know a friend having gaming pc try to use the GPU. If it works on that pc means yes. Motherboard pcie slot issue or something else. Otherwise it's the GPU.

I mentioned in my post . Its corsair VS 450

• Like 1

Hmmm... How did you go about uninstalling the drivers?

Also, what version of Windows are you on?

I didn't . I lost the signal from my GPU before doing it . I am on Window 10 64 bit . I am pretty sure its a hardware problem . Very randomly , PC do boots up , till i restart/shutdown .

@alpha17 - Who handles MSI RMA in Delhi ?

Edited by Abdulah

Get a better PSU as well then.

For MSi after-sales support, it is Acro Engineering.

Hi alpha. Can I use amd 1100t as database server? I want make a server for office but don't want to spend for new hardware. So can I use this hardware to create a database server?
  • Like 1

Hi alpha. Can I use amd 1100t as database server? I want make a server for office but don't want to spend for new hardware. So can I use this hardware to create a database server?

You can, the only problem is you will have issues with spares and such.

Plus obviously the 1100t is a bit old in the tooth so its boards will not be supporting PCIe SSD's and such.

You can, the only problem is you will have issues with spares and such.

Plus obviously the 1100t is a bit old in the tooth so its boards will not be supporting PCIe SSD's and such.

Is ssd really required for a server or normal HDD will work? I mean all I want to do is just make database server where all my office computers connected to one pc(This one) and only admin that is me and my partner's can change the file. Btw my staff can access files when they want to. But cannot change the file details etc. So main backup is on the server. Along with cloud.

Is ssd really required for a server or normal HDD will work? I mean all I want to do is just make database server where all my office computers connected to one pc(This one) and only admin that is me and my partner's can change the file. Btw my staff can access files when they want to. But cannot change the file details etc. So main backup is on the server. Along with cloud.

It will make the overall system responsive because at the end of the day the slowest stuff in every PC these days is the electro-magnetic spinner disk.

Get a better PSU as well then.

For MSi after-sales support, it is Acro Engineering.

Looks like both of my GPU is fine . And my pci slot also works good . So there can be two problem 1) my both dvi cable are not working 2)my monitor dvi slot is not working . My dell monitor only has one vga slot to spare . And it is out of warranty . Can I somehow fix dvi port by myself or from a shop? Or can dell service center fix this ? Edited by Abdulah

Looks like both of my GPU is fine . And my pci slot also works good . So there can be two problem 1) my both dvi cable are not working 2)my monitor dvi slot is not working . My dell monitor only has one vga slot to spare . And it is out of warranty . Can I somehow fix dvi port by myself or from a shop? Or can dell service center fix this ?

How about you use HDMI. Temporarily check with your TV. If it works then you will know the real problem else buy new monitor. Fixing monitor will be expensive. Better to buy new one. Flipkart has exchange offers going on.
  • Like 2

Looks like both of my GPU is fine . And my pci slot also works good . So there can be two problem 1) my both dvi cable are not working 2)my monitor dvi slot is not working . My dell monitor only has one vga slot to spare . And it is out of warranty . Can I somehow fix dvi port by myself or from a shop? Or can dell service center fix this ?

Try using a different display unit as DJ stated, eliminate the factor that it is a display and not just a port / cable issue.

Also, please, for the love of God, get a better PSU.

• Like 2

Try using a different display unit as DJ stated, eliminate the factor that it is a display and not just a port / cable issue.

Also, please, for the love of God, get a better PSU.

Turns out both of the cable was not working . Finally the PC is running good . And for the PSU , already ordered seasonic S12 520w .

How about you use HDMI. Temporarily check with your TV. If it works then you will know the real problem else buy new monitor. Fixing monitor will be expensive. Better to buy new one. Flipkart has exchange offers going on.

I dont see any exchange offer in FK . Can you share the link ?

I dont see any exchange offer in FK . Can you share the link ?

The offer was applicable but seems they have temporarily stopped. But do keep on checking. It will come for sure