The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

id say hero..

as im switching from iphone to hero so ...iphone is damn awesome..but htc hero just has somethign more...for eg.its more good if u want to stay connected...u get 7 home screen and all of them can be customized to the way u want it to be..not just some icons..u can choose from htc widgets, android widgets and thier standard apps..while iphone will show one new message as a 1 red dot in the sms icon htc hero shows that but when u touch that the messages opens and u can switch through the home screens easily even while u are using something on the other screen so its kinda of a multi tasker..im switching from iphone to hero..no doubt iphone is awesomel..but i feel hero would be better for me

iPhone 3GS any day man. The Hero is a great is a device in its own right, but it simply isn't "there" yet.

hhmm.. i do quite agree with that, i think the only thing thats pulling me towards the HTC Hero is android which i have been dying to get my hands on :P...

i will be waiting for the 3Gs to launch officially now as i called croma again and they said they were mistaken they were expecting more HTC Magic to come in and not the Hero :nerves:..

Can somebody help me on configuring MTNL (dolphoin) GPRS settings on the nokia 5800 XM :unsure:

i dunno bout gprs settings for dolphon, ur best bet is to call dolphin customer care and ask them to sms the settings to u for gprs for ur devise..

id say hero..

as im switching from iphone to hero so ...iphone is damn awesome..but htc hero just has somethign more...for eg.its more good if u want to stay connected...u get 7 home screen and all of them can be customized to the way u want it to be..not just some icons..u can choose from htc widgets, android widgets and thier standard apps..while iphone will show one new message as a 1 red dot in the sms icon htc hero shows that but when u touch that the messages opens and u can switch through the home screens easily even while u are using something on the other screen so its kinda of a multi tasker..im switching from iphone to hero..no doubt iphone is awesomel..but i feel hero would be better for me

iPhone 3G GS. Simply because it's got the hardware to back up the OS. The Hero, while being the best implementation of Android by a mile, is still based on 2 year old hardware.

Yea some features of Hero are tempting but as caffeine says the hardware is old... the processor is only 524MHz :(...

the iphone has a 624MHz :thumbsup:

htc announced it

new ROM upgrade soming early october....after the launch 1 update has already been released.but another 1 is coming out in october which will end all this

here is a performance video after the current update and someother tweaks..if u know stuff here and there u can just do some tweaks ur self as well

iPhone 3GS any day man. The Hero is a great is a device in its own right, but it simply isn't "there" yet.

what is your definition of "not there yet"? can you please list the things it doesn't do right compared to iPhone?

iPhone 3G GS. Simply because it's got the hardware to back up the OS. The Hero, while being the best implementation of Android by a mile, is still based on 2 year old hardware.

yes, the samsung application processor core is better but it's a lot about the integration as well. The 7200A still packs a punch as far as mobile devices are concerned. And iphone still doesn't beat the modem chip of hero..

+1 in agreement. Android's implementation on the Hero could be much better imho.

Source.

Wouldn't be surprised if they release a patch of sorts to fix the performance issues.

yeah, this is one area which is facing the "Release 1.0" syndrome but it will definitely be resolved soon..

I dont know guys, whats so great about HTC Android. It is just the vanilla flavour launched by Google. Just check out motorola android phones. Even google has named Motorola its best strategic partner. They are announcing new portfolio tom, with awesome devices.

Are you kidding me? Hero has vanilla android? Two words for you "Sense UI"

Heck, no one has a clue when the 3GS is launching here. I think Airtel knows that they face doom here in India with their non subsidized prices.

HTC Hero is really looking good. Hardware is decent IMO, some softwares updates and I'd say better go for the Hero. 3GS is good, but its more or less the same phone since 2 years, internal hardware bumps aside. For the average user, an update to the look of the phone would appeal a lot more than a bump in processor speed. I mean, there is no physical difference between the 3gs and the predecessor. That's a major bummer for me. I'd say to all potential Iphone buyers now is to wait till next June when Apple probably releases an all new Iphone altogether which atleast looks different, or get an HTC or better yet, a Blackberry

Edited by Death Stryke

^BB has the Tour which released in June and the Onyx coming up.They should launch here as well if BB's track record is anything to go by. Both with 3.2 mp cams and 3G. Better and cheaper than the Bold. I dont know when 3G auctions will happen in India (though I'm hearing news of an auction for private players before the year ends), but it'll be unwise to get a non 3G phone now. Thats unless of course you change phones every year or so.

^^ i dont know if its true or exagerrated or what.. but MTNL is supposed to have launched their 3G services in delhi already under the name of "Jadoo"

Edit: Links

http://mtnldelhi.in/dolphin/tariff_3g.htm

http://mtnldelhi.in/dolphin/faq_3g.htm

Edited by Shantz

Yeah MTNL and BSNL both have. But service is, as expected, pathetic and prices high. But they're government telephone companies na so prbably they could start their 3G service and were allocated bandwidth before itself. The private ones (read good and worthwhile) still dont have a slot. The telecom ministry is still wondering how many thousands of crores should they sell each channel for :wOOtjumpy:...

edit: MTNLs Jadoo is a bigtime failboat in Delhi, where it launched first :rofl:

Edited by Death Stryke

got my hero

its superb...really awesome does all the things the iphone does but a little better

only thing iphone is better in is internal memory and synchronisation

otherwise this phone is awesome..filled it up with widgets and what not..no noticable lag

really cool too got the white color

got my hero

its superb...really awesome does all the things the iphone does but a little better

only thing iphone is better in is internal memory and synchronisation

otherwise this phone is awesome..filled it up with widgets and what not..no noticable lag

really cool too got the white color

congo :naughty:

mate did u get the official one ?

yea only 512MB internal memory makes it kina a bummer :rofl:..

is the camera good ? and is it louder then the iphone?

its way louder than the iphone ..louder than any sony ericsson phone or nokia phone

im serious its damn loud almost like u have connected a external speaker

i got a 8gb micro sd for rs-800 :P

camera is pretty good its 5mp but still its not that great

music player is awesome and social netowrking optiosna re awesome

as soon as i switched on my phone it synced all my contacts from google so i got all my contacts without doing anything and yes it includes all contacts from the iphone

and it searched my facebook friends list and linked everyones profile to thier contacts even pics :D

best phone ive had man trust me on that one...android market is also really cool not as vast as the app store or cydia but its pretty damn close..

no regrets man

its awesome

didnt get the official one as official one is coming out after 2 weeks and in black color ...i wanted white so got white..unlocked 2k cheaper than the launch one and 2 weeks early so pretty good deal

the track ball and the notifications thingy s topnotch

well sorted out the prob

google mail and syncin it with htc hero FTW

i uploaded my contacts onto the gmail account 1 click of the mouse then i didnt even log out and my phone automatically had all of them in my phone

anyways HTC sync software is ok but nothing great i prefer trasnfering my songs and all directly to the mem card

phones running smoothly

plannin to do a vid review soon