The Mobile Phone Thread

Chaztin

any place in Mumbai or online in India where official blackberry cases are available? I am talking about those available on www.shopblackberry.com

Also has any one ordered from www.shopblackberry.com? Wanted to know where do they ship from and what about customs?

Edited by dharmilstar

• 2 weeks later...
any place in Mumbai or online in India where official blackberry cases are available? I am talking about those available on www.shopblackberry.com

Also has any one ordered from www.shopblackberry.com? Wanted to know where do they ship from and what about customs?

hey budddy check this website

http://www.fommy.co.in

i ordered stuff for my blackberry bold and best part is its CASH ON DELIVERY (DELHI ONLY)

:doh: dont worry yaar, ur htc touch pro 2 can run win 6.5 and will be similar to the leo/hd 2 :)..

anyways the keyboard on the touch pro 2 is is is :( :(

i love my touch pro 2 but i'm a sucker for these things lol

and the qwerty pad on the tp2 is awesome,flash for the cam on tp2 would've been useful,at first i didn't think i'd be missing it much since i don't take pics that often but a good phone makes you do things you never thought you would've lol.

i love my touch pro 2 but i'm a sucker for these things lol

and the qwerty pad on the tp2 is awesome,flash for the cam on tp2 would've been useful,at first i didn't think i'd be missing it much since i don't take pics that often but a good phone makes you do things you never thought you would've lol.

I can completely relate to that :lol:

mate btw i wanted to know how is windows mobile going on ur touch pro 2 as compared to the iphones o.s ?

as i was planning to get a touch pro 2/ HD2/ iPhone 3Gs.. so wanted to knw wether windows is smooth enough and wether enough apllications are there?.. i personally have used a windowws device but never owned one so dont really know :dance:

guys how good is a Blackberry phone, i have never used a BB before and i am planning to buy one .... which the best BB phone.. and will i be able to install different Apps and games for it ?

pls suggest

Avoid any Blackberry with a trackball. Go for the new button based BBs.

:samui: dont worry yaar, ur htc touch pro 2 can run win 6.5 and will be similar to the leo/hd 2 :)..

anyways the keyboard on the touch pro 2 is is is :D:doh:

The Touch Pro 2 is a great phone, but the HD2 is so far advanced in its specs, its not even funny. Heck, it blows away the iPhone 3GS, Palm Pre and HTC Hero combined.

guys how good is a Blackberry phone, i have never used a BB before and i am planning to buy one .... which the best BB phone.. and will i be able to install different Apps and games for it ?

pls suggest

it depends blackberry are pretty good i am using the blackberry bold which has a trackball.

i suggest you see the new blackberry 8520 with a trackball price is around 14000/-

trackpads are better than trackballs.

ALL BLACKBERRY PHONES FROM NOW WILL COME WITH THE TRACKPAD.

pls suggest

Get the 8900 Curve [iNR 24,000] or if you're low on budget, get the 8520 Curve [iNR 15,000]

Yeah, you can install different Applications and Games, which you can purchase from the BlackBerry App World or Mobihand

thanks guys... 8520 seems to be the right choice.. even it suits my budget... but it is without 3G (it doesn't matter in India)

but 8520 is Airtel locked.. can it be unlocked like iPhone ?

To unlock BBs you just need to purchase unlock codes and enter them in the phone, which are specific to each phone, from sites like CellUnlock

Blackberry can easily be un-locked but avoid it. You need to have Blackberry service which will cost you in the future, normal edge/gprs doesn't work unless you have this service. Imo no data on any of these latest phones makes these phones equivalent to Nokia 3315 or 1100 if they still make those.

Also people need to understand that blackberry's have a specific purpose i.e. to read your emails on the go where ever you might be.

thanks guys... 8520 seems to be the right choice.. even it suits my budget... but it is without 3G (it doesn't matter in India)

but 8520 is Airtel locked.. can it be unlocked like iPhone ?

its a nice phone it does not have 3g and 3g IN India is a long way to go.

you are right its airtel locked.

Go to this website http://www.cellunlock.net/ and get your phone unlocked they will charge around Rs-1600 but you PM me i will give you a 50% discount code

Its a pain to get a iphone unlocked but getting a blackberry unlocked is very easy follow these instructions once you get your code.

Blackberry 9000 BOLD 9630 Tour 8900 Javelin 8800 8820 8300 8310 8320 Curve Unlock Code Entry Instructions

How to Enter Unlock Codes:

***** You must have a SIM card in your phone to complete these steps ( Can be active or inactive ) *****

1. Go to settings menu => and then Options

2. Select Advanced options => and then Sim card

3. Type MEPD using your Blackberry keyboard (NOTE: You will not see any text appear on the screen while typing MEPD)

4. Type MEP then [ALT BUTTON] then 2 on your Blackberry keyboard (NOTE: You will not see any text appear on the screen while typing MEPD)

5. You should be presented with a prompt "Enter Network MEP Code". Type in the unlock code received from CellUnlock.net and press in the track wheel / jog dial to confirm

6. Your phone is now unlocked

PEACE OUT :D