Don Bradman Cricket '14- Knockout Tournament !

Man In The Box

Please finalise team selections by 11th June guys. I will decide my team tonight (hopefully).

One question:

If I select a team like Bangladesh which has 2 stars and someone chooses a 4 star South African team; will the 'normalize skills' option negate this gap in skills?

Yes. Simple. you play with a 2 star team and play against a world XI in an online game, then your players would also have 5 star ratings.

Yes. Simple. you play with a 2 star team and play against a world XI in an online game, then your players would also have 5 star ratings.

That's cool.

So guys what do you think if we make teams random? I will put in 6 teams such as India, England, South Africa, Australia, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka. The teams will be selected based on randomiser. Example: the team name in list 6 will be given to the player who was drawn at number 6 in the group draw yesterday.

Let me know :scratchchin:

That's cool.

So guys what do you think if we make teams random? I will put in 6 teams such as India, England, South Africa, Australia, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka. The teams will be selected based on randomiser. Example: the team name in list 6 will be given to the player who was drawn at number 6 in the group draw yesterday.

Let me know :scratchchin:

Noooooooo...

Just giving an example :P

So any idea on that topic?

i dont know how/if the normalise skills work. i've played in matches where i'd selected it but some opposition fast bowlers were still able to bowl 155kmph+

Noooooooo...

+1.

let people select their own teams. no matter if all choose india

Funnyadit, arv95 and SilentAssassin are yet to post their team names.

Another important update:

Guys, the person who is hosting the match has to make sure that every setting regarding the pitch, weather, etc. must be set to 'random'. Moreover, the 'quick pitch wear' option must be 'off' and the 'Normalise Skills' option must be ticked. This will ensure that the weather settings are randomised and the host will not be choosing weather setting based on his preferences.

I know that it's hard to verify whether someone has randomised the settings or not but I trust people here in IVG to do the right thing.

Also, it would be great if one of the players can take a picture of the scoreboard at the end of the match as we require the exact number of balls bowled, etc. to calculate an accurate NRR. Hence, this would make it easy to refer back to.

After playing a few T20 matches yesterday, I am sure that the 40 over format is going to be brilliant. So much strategy would be required in the middle overs to build a platform for the final 10 overs. Trying to hit every ball may lead to a good run rate but all that is pointless if the team gets out early. For example: even hitting at 7 runs per over and getting out in 20-25 overs will lead to the bowling team having a relatively comfortable run chase at less than 5 RPO.

Let's hope we all apply ourselves and trying to bat out the full 40 overs should be the first target.

Can't wait for the tournament to start !

After playing a few T20 matches yesterday, I am sure that the 40 over format is going to be brilliant. So much strategy would be required in the middle overs to build a platform for the final 10 overs. Trying to hit every ball may lead to a good run rate but all that is pointless if the team gets out early. For example: even hitting at 7 runs per over and getting out in 20-25 overs will lead to the bowling team having a relatively comfortable run chase at less than 5 RPO.

Let's hope we all apply ourselves and trying to bat out the full 40 overs should be the first target.

Can't wait for the tournament to start !

Yeah its gonna be a great tournament...Hope Patch#2 solves all the present issues am having....

Archived