The Automobile Thread

Chaztin

Yep. That amp was secks. And darn expensive for what it delivered. Though I always felt in the mid range Xplod amps worked better.

Why don't you migrate the system into your new car?

Yeah, I will install the system in the new car, if I dont get a good price for it. but the boom box will go waste coz it was custom made for palio, also with thte options my dad is looking for new car, the main panel might go waste too. Only the amplifiers and speakers will be useful

• 3 weeks later...

Toyota's chief test driver dies behind wheel of LFA in Germany

Toyota’s chief test driver, Hiromu Naruse, died in a head-on collision on Wednesday in Germany, the newspaper Rhein-Zeitung reports.

The story was picked up by Autoblog. A Toyota spokesman, Wade Hoyt, confirmed that Mr. Naruse, 67, had been killed in the crash.

According to Rhein-Zeitung, the accident happened close to Toyota’s workshop near the Nürburgring, an undulating racetrack that automakers use to test their vehicles.

Photographs and German video of the scene show a yellow Lexus LFA supercar and a BMW, both heavily damaged and nose-to-nose, along a slender two-lane road. The LFA that was involved in the crash appeared to be a prototype.

“The riders wore helmets and the cars were packed with electronics,” a police spokesman said. The cause of the accident is under investigation.

Rhein-Wied News reports that the BMW involved in the crash was also driven by a test driver, although it was a production vehicle. There was also a passenger. Both were seriously injured.

Mr. Naruse joined Toyota in 1963 in the Vehicle Evaluation and Engineering Division, according to Toyota’s Gazoo Racing fan site.

‘We are shocked and saddened at hearing of Hiromu Naruse’s sudden passing away,” said Toyota Motor Corp. in a statement Thursday. The Japanese automaker said it has nothing further to add as the crash is still under investigation.

10-06-23-lexus-lfa-nurburgring-car-crash.jpg

Mr. Naruse was involved with Toyota Motorsports since 1970 and was an important figure in the development of Toyota sports cars, from the 2000GT to the Lexus LFA, a new flagship supercar with a retail price of $375,000.

R.I.P

:P

^No pics yet!! Btw got ur shipment delivered :unsure:?

Link to first impressions of the 2011 Maruti Suzuki Swift. One of the most successful cars here!.

Swifts and Innovas... grrr... the bane of Chennai's roads.. somehow by some predefined rule the drivers of these 2 vehicles seem to be the ones who drive the most unruly here. atleast in my experience.

^Heh, I frankly only find issues with the damned buses and autos. Rest all I can manage. Car drivers are manageable imo.

Oh yes those.. if they take off autos from the road half the trouble gone. Buses off even better. But then I don't like 2 wheeler riders much either. They expect to be treated at par with cars on road but then they cut lanes when they feel like it and go around the right lane and make a bad traffic jam worse and ignore every other rule of the road. . Even my own friends do that. I just hate being on a two-wheeler with them for that reason.

You can't have your cake and eat it too dear people on two wheels. :fear:

OT: GCG a.k.a DS... I keeeeel u! :unsure:

This is why I hate two wheelers and auto wallahs.. A traffic intersection at which a few people wait patiently for the criss-cross traffic to stop. There's an intersection between the side of the road I'm on and the opposing traffic a bit in front. And I'm already in the right lane.

These dumbasses go around the right lane then cut back in when the traffic starts moving. They even go and block the entire opposing lane (as you can see in this photo, that bus coming in the opposite direction is stuck thanks to these SOBs), and stand on the other side of the barrier.

f**king fools need to be shot. Our nation's people won't ever develop a proper road sense. Neither will our policemen enforce things with an iron hand. Seeing this kind of scene every single day makes we wanna run over a few people. plus all those fools going slow in the right lane, they just bug the hell outta me.

4750894318_626f15f8c5_b.jpg

And on a lighter note, look at his license plate, snapped a picture while stuck in traffic:

4752213224_fb6b4019ed_b.jpg

The very same day I saw another number plate with Inu Yasha :rolleyes: across it.

4.67 lakhs on road Pune price, do not expect any freebies on this one this machine as it is selling well for Chevy right now, i tried to bargain and get something out of the dealer but no luck.

This one is my upgrade from ALTO LXI i owned earlier, ride is really smooth and both interiors and exteriors are striking. This one is a a real head turner after Swift and has retained the concept design to the max after coming out of production.

Gear shifting is slightly stiff as of now, you may read lot of stuff in reviews and motoring sites about the problem with 2nd gear pickup it's nothing like that very minuscule effect on pickup in fact that's actually a boon for riding in bumper to bumper city traffic on slow speeds you need not change gears frequently thus giving you some improvement in mileage.

I'm planning to get the OEM speakers changed and get a remote lock installed next month during my first car check up, overall buying experience has being pleasant with GM dealer Pashankar Auto Wheels at Satara Road, Pune. Also there was a gold rush scheme going on with assured 2.5 gm gold coin but the dealer informed me that the gold coins would be delivered to him in another 15-20 days, so worried about it little.

I was going to be a Maruti Brand Loyalist and had Ford Figo and Maruti Ritz in mind for upgrade, Ritz was pricey and was missing some features in top variant and i know the limited success Ford has had in India with Ford Fiesta so their A.S.S (After Sales Service) in Pune was a big question mark for me, the dealer attitude was pathetic when i asked for test drive, they asked me to come to their showroom and next time i asked them to come to my office premise for TD, even then no response and the third call i got pissed me off badly, The lady on the phone talks to me" Sir agar aap gaadi abhi 2-3 din main book nahin karoge to price badh jayegi" there was no sign of TD and this lady is asking me to go an purchase the car like a vegetable from market!

Figo had won me only with a big plus of space in the rear seat and the largest boot space, I had snapped some TD pics of BEAT before launch on Mumbai Pune E-Way in Dec 09 and i was bowled over.

Deciding factors for my Purchase:

• Looks
  • Features
  • Excellent handling and riding comfort
  • VFM

Rear legroom is adequate and not cramped, Boot space is small just 170 Ltr, car suspension is awesome you can read a review here with latest comparo of BEAT with other Hatchbacks