Yellow Tint in OLED laptop screen - Asus Vivobook K15

black_Scorpion

• 4 months later...
On 2/11/2022 at 10:35 PM, black_Scorpion said:

I posted this in notebook thread but got no response. I recently purchased Asus Vivobook K15 OLED laptop and the screen has pale yellow tint. Is this a common thing with OLED screens? 

https://i.imgur.com/QByVZp7.jpeg

Just how it is supposed to be. When I switched from my One Plust 7T to iPhone 13 OLED screen I also thought something was wrong with the screen but that is how its supposed to be, its better and you will get used to it. 

• Like 1

On 6/29/2022 at 4:29 PM, SuperT said:

Just how it is supposed to be. When I switched from my One Plust 7T to iPhone 13 OLED screen I also thought something was wrong with the screen but that is how its supposed to be, its better and you will get used to it. 

I replaced the laptop with new one which has almost minimal yellow tint. With further tweaks it came close to neutral than bluish. I got to know that its how Asus tweaks their display for more yellow tint than neutral for reasons unknown.

7 hours ago, black_Scorpion said:

I replaced the laptop with new one which has almost minimal yellow tint. With further tweaks it came close to neutral than bluish. I got to know that its how Asus tweaks their display for more yellow tint than neutral for reasons unknown.

Maybe because they're are a Taiwan based company. Episode 14 GIF by The Simpsons

• Haha 1