Risen 3: Titan Lords

Heaven Angel

If you want to avoid the hassle of keys and all I can hook you up with my trader. Just keep him on your friends list and whenever a game that you want pops up you can Paypal the money to him and he'll buy you the game. The premium he charges is ~10% over the Russian store price but it's far cheaper than the price on our Steam store so...

Sure man. Thanks. I use a guy called VPSnake. Purchased Risen 3 and Divinity: OS from him.

I like how they keep harking back to Risen 1 in that 11 minute video. That sounds promising.

Have more hopes on this than Inquisition to be honest.

• 2 weeks later...

Risen 3 - Titan Lords as Lord Shadow Limited Edition

140370090174.jpg

The Limited Edition of Risen Shadow Lord 3 - Titan Lords contains:

• Steelbook with Game DVD and Soundtrack CD (DRM-free, you get it, right?)
  • Digital Content: Fog Island, Goblin Plague and an Adventurer Gear
  • Coloured manual
  • Risen-Universe-Almanac (Hardcover)
  • Art-Cards
  • Poster (double-sided)
  • Worldmap (microfiber)
  • Art-Box without logos
  • Gnom-Papercraft
  • Shadow Lord-Figure (handpaintet, about 19 cm tall)
  • Risen-3-Pin made of metal
  • Risen 1 and 2 (DVD, DRM-free) + Risen 1 and 2 Soundtrack (CD) together in a Art-Digi-Pak
  • Numbered certificate of authenticity

Price: €99.99

Jim Sterling review: 2/5.

Bottom Line: Bloated in the mission department, threadbare everywhere else, Risen 3: Titan Lords is cobbled together from rehashed material, and the series' many flaws are enhanced a hundredfold in the process.

Recommendation: Dark Waters had more piracy and at least tried. It should also be cheap as grog right now, so go check that one out.

G44grdY.gif

10C4gAA.gif

Yea..not going to take anything PC gamer says.
_

Gameinformer 7/10

While Risen 3 doesn’t have great combat or an enthralling story, there’s a lot of content to delve into for those hungry for an open-world action/RPG, and that might be enough to entice fans to give it a try.

Strategyinformer 8/10

Despite still having a few issues Risen 3: Titan Lords is a vast improvement on Risen 2. The combat could be better but doesn't cripple the game this time, the world is more interesting and easier to get around, and there's tons of stuff to do. The story's a bit too straightforward with not many surprises, Fast Travel is a bit of a pain when it's supposed to make things easier, a number of things could be explained better, character customisation is nil, and despite the islands being better designed we're still dealing with a nicer-looking Xbox 360 game here. I can live with all that though, because while Risen 2 was physically painful for me to play (I had more fun with the Game of Thrones RPG, and that's saying something) I really enjoyed Risen 3 and can heartily recommend it. It's still totally a pirate RPG though despite the various marketing lies, but it's also actually a good one this time. Hooray.

Hardcore Gamer 5/10

Risen 3: Titan Lords is a clunky mess of a game that fails to capitalize on the potential it has put forth. While the concept sounds alluring, and it’s chock-full of charm, it’s weighed down by stodgy design and a lack of polish. While the visuals do have a certain shine to them in areas, especially the vegetation and bodies of water that give off beautiful colors, the stiff gameplay will irk players. It doesn’t help that the voice acting and script are horrid, and the story is nowhere near as compelling as it leads itself on to be. Risen 3: Titan Lords may not be a complete shipwreck, but it’d be better left in Davy Jones’ Locker.

Benchmark:

ODloxkQ.png

PC Gamer gave it 83 - http://www.pcgamer.com/review/risen-3-titan-lords-review/

But then again they gave Dragon Age 2 a 94 so their word is worthless.

Ummm... Different reviewers, different views? Or that does not count anymore?

Ummm... Different reviewers, different views? Or that does not count anymore?

Yes, opinions and all that jazz. They were categorically wrong. And yes, I will use that as a backdrop to judge anything they say in the future.

Hmm, after 3 hours:

Good:

• No hand holding.
  • Factions are cool.
  • The world is nicely crafted. Lot to explore.
  • Challenging

Bad:

• The combat is atrocious.
  • Horrible voice acting.
  • Lame story so far.
  • Patty went full retard.

Worth buying during sale if you are into Gothic/Risen. It's fun to explore and do things on your own. The writing is weird, but fun sometimes.

Some screens:

jlc4WFjqWuOF0.jpg

jby68s7TlWTMqE.jpg

jbnKMo0bSikCrJ.jpg

jAJl8tELXkkbL.jpg

I usually don't like him, but he's right about this.

The Combat in Risen 3 Sucks. Nothing has improved from Risen 2, in fact much of the assets and locations are reused. The difficulty comes from rigid and slow animations combined with simplistic random attacks and imbalanced enemies right from the beginning. Its not fun, here is me losing it on stream for your enjoyment. Please dont make me play 80 hours of this.

Back to the roots trailer is a lie.

Archived