Picking up a 4k/uhd TV for ps4. Worth?

samuraix

Hey folks. Am on a trip to Malaysia where I have been thinking to pick up a uhd/4k TV and my choices are Sony or samsung.

OK first things first. I already own a eh5000 series full HD 40 inch led and benq24 inch lcd monitor.

Thus actually means to me is an upgrade and nothing much.

Well am not a big movie buff but certainly wanna experience true gaming. I have almost all consoles with Mr.

Now the point is? Apart from TV viewing. Will gaming experience feel enhanced in 4k more than 1080p full HD ??

Bro why not wait for the TV prices to come down some more and to go mainstream? For PS4/ Xbox one 4K is absolutely pointless.lol. They are struggling to output even 1080P.

Upscaling will however help the output look less pixelated, 4K - 70 inch - PS4 will definitely be better than 1080P - 70 inch - PS 4 but never to an extent to justify the difference in price.

I would suggest you keep in mind "input lag".

Read up here...

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/39tb4j/gaming_on_4kuhd_tvs_input_lag/

https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/297x2t/ps4_users_anyone_using_4kuhd_tv_what_are_your/

Read up, gain knowledge, then decide :)

what's the point, my 4K tv does native upscaling but then again, i hardly see any difference. 4K tvs are good for native 4K content, and they are mind blowing. The problem though, there is not much native content available except some professionally shot videos. Which again look bloody brilliant. The first blu ray players were expected in end of 2015, they have yet not shown up, but make no mistake they are coming and they will make brilliant viewing.

I got the 4K tv as i got it with mindset that i usually don't change TV's for 6-7 years and in 2 years down the lane when 4K is mainstream (at least on blu ray), i should not be contemplating changing TV's. Buying a 4k tv thinking of consoles is stupidity. If you have a kick a*s PC, yes makes sense.

PS: Should have been in TV thread and not a separate thread, will merge it when i am on pc.

Archived