Titanfall

ScrewyAurum

Platform of choice  

117 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Wrapped up the final hours just now. It explains why this game feels light on content and features, although I suppose it won't be any surprise to anyone. Most of the early development was under the shadow of the lawsuit they had going on against Activision, and then it was directionless because of friction between Vince Zampella and Jason West. It was only at the end of 2012 that they actually came up the proper direction and design of the type of game they wanted to make and dropped the idea of doing single player. The actual game content was built in 2013, with features like burn cards (which came to be after the big E3 reveal) and regenning being worked on until December of last year.

I thought it was a fairly interesting read. It shows how tiny features from right at the beginning of the process 4 years ago slowly managed to find a way into the final game (including the smart pistol, which was one of their earliest ideas). And it shows how stressful this business is and the toll it takes on people, although it was probably intensified for this particular studio. One Respawn employee actually left the company midway to go and become a pilot but he later rejoined at the very end of the dev process.

Actually I remember reading on IGN that the real reason for titanfall being absent from ps4 is that sony were reluctant to share the details of ps4 when red spawn started development of titanfall.

B-B-B-b-b-butt Sony love developers!!

#MandatoryAlpha17post

Also, old news.

Its hilarious that one of the main reasons they went with Source was because its easier to port it to PS3. Also I find it hard to believe that Sony was reluctant to get the game on their platform given the number of new and upcoming studios they've funded on PS3. I bet it had something to do with that online only DRM that MS/EA couple were trying to push before the reversal.

My post is exactly about these rumours circulating around the web

Something said in the documentary has hinted the fail towards Sony

Just read my post.....how many different reasons have been given just to make sure PS fan base don't avoid this franchise in future

This is one of them

If PS4 "specs weren't given" then what held them from talking a PS3 version?!?

It's just fail PR attempt on many different levels

I hope Sony do make an official Statement about these hinted onus thrown at their part

So specs & devkits were given for AC4,BF4,Ghosts & a gazillion other games but only not to Respawn

It's pretty obvious in order to pool in funds they needed to choose a single Brand Exclusivity

& M$ with shooter success in US & the windows platform on PC combined with free servers & marketing budget to revive the extinct Xbox line up was a much more lucrative deal

Just that finding reasons to not openly admitting that & constantly changing stance is what I sense here

Hmm.. could be.

Yeah they could have made a ps3 version so its possible these are all just rumours.

Archived