My Den - My gaming world, HT room

AtheK

I also have a dedicated media room, that is similar in size and has a 100 inch screen. But it's a makeshift room, the kind you would expect from someone on a grad student budget. I don't have a dedicated home theater audio setup (I have a decent 2.1 speaker system) and the wires are not concealed or anything like that. Just a room with my computer, PS3, PS4, Wii U, a HD monitor, the short-throw projector on the floor on a stool, the 100 inch screen, a bean bag and a couple of couches. I think it's as good as it can get for a student.

@AtheK, your set-up is what dreams are made of, man. I would love to have something like this when I settle down.

Edited by Ph3N0M
  • Like 2

Oh man that UC pic! Can't imagine how heavenly it must feel playing on that big a*s projection! :O

It's an amazing experience, except that for games the colors looks washed out, as compared to playing on the 55" TV in the living room. Plus since the 55" TV is 4K, it does upscaling too. I have finished the game once on projector will play it again on the 55" for the crisper look.

Oh man that UC pic! Can't imagine how heavenly it must feel playing on that big a*s projection! :O

Uncharted multiplayer is so much more fun on the big screen. Provided your projector doesn't have a high response time.

Edited by Ph3N0M

I also have a dedicated media room, that is similar in size and has a 100 inch screen. But it's a makeshift room, the kind you would expect from someone on a grad student budget. I don't have a dedicated home theater audio setup and the wires are not concealed or anything like that. Just a room with my computer, PS3, PS4, Wii U, a HD monitor, the projector on the floor on a stool, the 100 inch screen, a bean bag and a couple of chairs. I think it's as good as it can get for a student.

That would have been a dream for me bro, in my college days i had a Pentium 4 which barely used to play NFS porsche Unleashed, good ol days. You are privileged!!

And oh, please post pics.

Edited by AtheK

Damn I envy you two :P I don't care about the sound part though. My dad actually is an audiphile and he has this bigass collection of amps and speakers/tower units setup. But i prefer using my Sony mdr headphones that i bought for 600rs :P

But I really enjoy big screens :P

Athek- you said the tv upscales to 4k. Does the picture quality improve noticeably?

That would have been a dream for me bro, in my college days i had a Pentium 4 which barely used to play NFS porsche Unleashed, good ol days. You are privileged!!

Doing funded PhD in the US is the reason. I don't think I could afford all this stuff anytime during my actual college days in India.

Doing funded PhD in the US is the reason. I don't think I could afford all this stuff anytime during my actual college days in India.

Oh guess that helps, in our college days the kind of setup you have would have costed an arm and a leg.

Do post pics and please get me a short throw projector next time you are coming to India [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Does Amazon not ship short-throw projectors to India? I think it would be worth trying that during Black Friday. Will post pics when I get back to my apartment in a couple of weeks. Am out of the city right now.

Edited by Ph3N0M

Damn I envy you two [emoji14] I don't care about the sound part though. My dad actually is an audiphile and he has this bigass collection of amps and speakers/tower units setup. But i prefer using my Sony mdr headphones that i bought for 600rs [emoji14]

But I really enjoy big screens [emoji14]

Athek- you said the tv upscales to 4k. Does the picture quality improve noticeably?

It definitely looks better then 1080p but then again jump from full HD to 4k is not a huge, upscale will always be a upscale.

Some of the videos shot by go pro team in native 4k are effing brilliant. Also the time-lapse videos. Waiting for the 4k blu rays to go main stream.

Does Amazon not ship short-throw projectors to India? I think it would be worth trying that during Black Friday. Will post pics when I get back to my apartment in a couple of weeks. Am out of the city right now.

Ya black Friday could be a good option, Amazon might not ship, but can always get it to some buddy who can send it back later.

I keep looking for affordable 4k projectors, but that bloody thing never goes down in price.

Don't think the prices are gonna fall till 4k blu ray players become main stream and go cheaper, a player itself is around 400$.The blu rays should start coming in. I will pick a player when it reaches around 200$ mark.

It definitely looks better then 1080p but then again jump from full HD to 4k is not a huge, upscale will always be a upscale.

Some of the videos shot by go pro team in native 4k are effing brilliant. Also the time-lapse videos. Waiting for the 4k blu rays to go main stream.

Nice. Good call in buying 4k then . You are pretty much future ready :P

Netflix and Amazon Prime can already stream in 4k. I think most new series are shot in 4k. There can be a lot of content to watch even without a blu-ray player.