Super Smash Bros. Brawl

arjun

hey emo is ur wii connected to the net? I bought a USB Lan adapter...will that work for the wii? or do i have to buy that Nintendo Wii adapter?

usb LAN adapter should work fine

for my connection i'm using a wifi dongle from Datel,it is a pain in the a*s to setup at first but once you get it working its smooth sailing from there on,Lan adapter should be much easier to setup in comparison.

hey emo is ur wii connected to the net? I bought a USB Lan adapter...will that work for the wii? or do i have to buy that Nintendo Wii adapter?

usb LAN adapter should work fine

for my connection i'm using a wifi dongle from Datel,it is a pain in the a*s to setup at first but once you get it working its smooth sailing from there on,Lan adapter should be much easier to setup in comparison.

Could u tell me where to setup the connection in the wii once i can connect the cable to it...my menu is all japs!!!!i

you got the modded one eh?shame on you......

you are playing originals on it though right?

back on what you asked

i'm not 100 % but i think after you go to the wii settings menu,go to the second page,the option for internet settings should be the second one from the bottom,after you click that,two options will be given wireless or wired,the bottom one is for LAN

you got the modded one eh?shame on you......

you are playing originals on it though right?

back on what you asked

i'm not 100 % but i think after you go to the wii settings menu,go to the second page,the option for internet settings should be the second one from the bottom,after you click that,two options will be given wireless or wired,the bottom one is for LAN

:ranting: Im not a rich person...

Ok thanks i will look into the menus!

• 2 weeks later...

yeah thought sonic the hedgehog on the next gen platforms would would be something special,too bad

tried playing the wii version,it felt all wrong.

actually there was a psp game cant remember name,was very good,classic old school.sonic rush for the ds was excellent,best sonic game in the last 5 years or so.

yeah thought sonic the hedgehog on the next gen platforms would would be something special,too bad

tried playing the wii version,it felt all wrong.

actually there was a psp game cant remember name,was very good,classic old school.sonic rush for the ds was excellent,best sonic game in the last 5 years or so.

i believe you mean sonic rivals

http://kotaku.com/gaming/no-longer-specula...-art-310551.php

Amazon seems to have the box art posted up on their site, which also happens to be on Nintendo's site as well (making it official). Worth noting is the lack of the WFC blue symbol. Don't you dare take online away from me, HAL :(

Also, Sonic vs. Link cam-video - courtesy of 1up.com :D

Super Smash Bros. Brawl Hands-On Update

After filing our initial impressions on the playable demo of Super Smash Bros. Brawl, we went back into the ring (several times) and spent a fair chunk of time with Nintendo's anticipated fighter. While the version of the game only offered a tiny sample of the dense gameplay offerings to be found in the final game's many modes, it was well worth the time.

The demo let four players choose from a roster of Mario, Donkey Kong, Link, Samus, Fox McCloud, Pikachu, Diddy Kong, Pit, Meta Knight, Ike (from the Fire Emblem series), Peach, Yoshi, Sonic, and Bowser. The battle option was a simple two-minute KO fest on one of the available stages which included the classic battlefield, along with stages inspired by classic games such as Super Mario Sunshine, Twilight Princess, the Kirby series, Yoshi's Island, Metroid, Star Fox, Pokemon, Kid Icarus, and Fire Emblem,

The game's fighting system is in line with the fast and furious system used in the GameCube's Super Smash Brothers Melee. You'll have the same assortment of attacks that break down to normal, strong, and smash. You'll be able to string together combos and bust heads pretty easily once you dive in. Better still, you'll be able to charge up some moves and dole out a painful kick into the background.

To supplement your physical attacks, you'll be able to collect all manner of items that can help you deliver a beat-down on your opponents. As before, the assists range from familiar Nintendo characters who come out and wreak havoc to weapons such as fans, bats, and firearms. The various items, which break down to normal, assist trophies, and the ever plentiful Pokeballs, are nearly always useful and showcase a goofy sense of humor. You'll see everything from pixelated Advance Wars characters to metroids, and Mr. Resetti of Animal Crossing fame pop up. In addition, a new item called the smash ball--awesome when you collect it but completely hateful when you can't--will appear on the field. The new item will enable the character who knocks it open with a series of blows and collects its power boost to unleash a unique, powerful special attack that's basically death on a large blunt stick for any foe it connects with. The interesting thing is it's possible to steal the special attack from an opponent if you knock them around enough just after they collect it.

Control in the game is, as we mentioned in our last piece, flexible, although the demo we played only offered two of the four control schemes. After spending more time with the classic and Wii remote control schemes we got used to them but they didn't quite hook us. The remote didn't feel quite right in the heat of battle, moves were a little tough to pull out consistently, while the classic controller was more promising and felt a bit better. However we have to admit we're creatures of habit and just don't feel right playing Smash Brothers without a GameCube controller. We reckon with the game's extensive control customizations, aspiring brawlers will be able to make anything work in the end.

The visuals in the game are clean, detailed and, most importantly, speedy. The Wii's added power has afforded a higher level of fine detail on the characters that can support it. So, for example, you'll notice detail on Mario's clothing, Samus' armor, and Pit's clothing and wings. Other characters such as Yoshi, Pikachu and Sonic aren't quite as showy but still look good. Animation is smooth and helps give the action its fast-paced feel. Right now the characters don't appear to be a quantum leap over the last game, but that's fine. The environments, on the other hand, are quite a bit livelier and feature various interactive elements that you'll come to both love and hate over the course of a fight, depending on how the tide of battle is going. You'll have to contend with elements such as flowing lava, breakable platforms, and all manner of environmental effects that you'll have to avoid or use to your advantage during battle. Some stages have more subtle effects like the Animal Crossing-inspired Smashville stage which changes depending on the time and date of the Wii clock. Finally, the various assists, pitfalls and the new smash ball effects give the game some showy visuals as all manner of lunacy makes its way across the screen.

Audio in the demo is pretty standard. The brawlers all have a sampling of sound bites that range from the intelligible to the guttural. You'll also hear a broad range of dramatic effects for the bucketload of items, weapons, special attacks, and stage-specific ambient audio. The tunes in the game were in line with what the team has been sharing on the Smash Bros website and mixes some flair in with familiar themes. So far, the mix sounds about right and provides just the right accompaniment to the action.

Based on this tiny sample, Super Smash Bros. Brawl looks to be well on its way to having its bases covered in terms of what fans are hoping for. The playable demo showed off the makings of a solid foundation that the extra modes, characters, and stages should be able to build on. While we're not totally sold on the alternative control schemes, they won't matter thanks to the many control options the game will come packing--most notably GameCube controller support. The hectic fighting system feels familiar and the tweaks we've picked up on so far feel comfortable. We're anxious to try the other modes and see how the madness handles over WiFi. While we're obviously bummed we're going to have to wait until February to get our mitts on the final game, if the end product is polished up to a sheen, we'll deal. Super Smash Bros. Brawl is slated to ship this February for the Wii. Look for more on the game in the months to come.

source : http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/supersm...e;picks;title;4

gameplay vid : http://www.gamespot.com/video/928518/6180852/videoplayerpop?

Archived