The Xbox Originals Thread

GamerZ-Cloud Strife

i really don find this xbox originals service attractive..on our goddamn slow internet speeds, its anyways gonna take 10 hours or so..plus its much better to hav a hard copy on a cd of a game rather than on ur hardrive.. oh and u hav to to go and buy points first..

why cant they jus make the originals more easily avalable..along with the 360 games..

EDIT: crap wat am i saying..2 to 7GB! thtll take lik frikkin 2 days

ya but it has a lot of disadv. too rite..

first u gotta buy points..

then itll take ages to dload..u must of course be having very fast internet speeds..but 90% of us dont..

uselss to core console users..as they had no HDD..

im not sure but i don think a seperate hdd for the 360 is available in india yet..

if games r around, say 5GB..then pro users cant get too many of them either..

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.siliconera.com/2007/12/04/xbox-...cked-downloads/

With the simple trick of making a silver Xbox Live account in Japan, Xbox 360 owners were privy to advance demos like Eternal Sonata and a chance to try out unreleased games like Zegapain Not. However, even if you have Microsoft Points loaded into a Japanese account you cannot download Puyo Pop Fever or Magatama.

After running through the system update I attempted to purchase Magatama. I haven’t played it before so I was looking forward to giving it a go. I got ready to expend 1,200 Microsoft Points when an error message popped up explaining the download was not available in my region. The same problem occurred with Puyo Pop Fever. I turned off my 360 and tried again, but this time the option to download the games was not present. I was able to download the freebies (themes and icons), but it appears Microsoft closed off a path to downloadable import games.

did we seriously expect any different? we'll have to wait till xbox classics hit XBL India.

V

With the simple trick of making a silver Xbox Live account in Japan, Xbox 360 owners were privy to advance demos like Eternal Sonata and a chance to try out unreleased games like Zegapain Not. However, even if you have Microsoft Points loaded into a Japanese account you cannot download Puyo Pop Fever or Magatama.

After running through the system update I attempted to purchase Magatama. I haven’t played it before so I was looking forward to giving it a go. I got ready to expend 1,200 Microsoft Points when an error message popped up explaining the download was not available in my region. The same problem occurred with Puyo Pop Fever. I turned off my 360 and tried again, but this time the option to download the games was not present. I was able to download the freebies (themes and icons), but it appears Microsoft closed off a path to downloadable import games.

did we seriously expect any different? we'll have to wait till xbox classics hit XBL India.

V

From http://www.IndianVideoGamer.com/forums/index.php...ost&p=52320

Was browsing the Xbox Originals section last night.

Firstly, the games are region locked --- ABSOLUTELY FREAKING STUPIDITY

Secondly, every Xbox Original Game has an attached theme and gamer pic selection which can be downloaded FREE OF COST. The "Psychonauts" theme has finally replaced my Penny Arcade on my console. :majesty:

I believe Xbox Originals has also launched in India, but sadly, no Indigo Propehcy, which happens to be available on the U.S. XLBM :)

V

From http://www.IndianVideoGamer.com/forums/index.php...ost&p=52320

Was browsing the Xbox Originals section last night.

Firstly, the games are region locked --- ABSOLUTELY FREAKING STUPIDITY

Secondly, every Xbox Original Game has an attached theme and gamer pic selection which can be downloaded FREE OF COST. The "Psychonauts" theme has finally replaced my Penny Arcade on my console. :wallbash:

I believe Xbox Originals has also launched in India, but sadly, no Indigo Propehcy, which happens to be available on the U.S. XLBM :thumbsup:

Indigo Prophecy is the censored version.. The uncensored verion is fahrenheit and is available on the india XBLM

The original title of Fahrenheit was changed to Indigo Prophecy in the United States and Canada. The change was made to avoid confusion with the film Fahrenheit 9/11.[scenes depicting sex (one of which is interactive) and other "adult content" were removed from the North American versions so the game would receive a "Mature" (17+) rating. Both the name change and editing were made at the request of the publisher.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fahrenheit_(video_game)

The original title of Fahrenheit was changed to Indigo Prophecy in the United States and Canada. The change was made to avoid confusion with the film Fahrenheit 9/11.[scenes depicting sex (one of which is interactive) and other "adult content" were removed from the North American versions so the game would receive a "Mature" (17+) rating. Both the name change and editing were made at the request of the publisher.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fahrenheit_(video_game)

But the rating of the game on the U.S. store mentions nudity.

There is a shower scene in the game which is partially censored in the US version (no nips). Beyond that I don't think anything else is different

It's a great game btw but unfortunately the ending totally blows. It's like total WTF!!?? But the time spent getting there is totally worth it.

Archived