Cyborg

Shogun 2 : Total War

shogun-2-total-war-first-look-20100528013727004_640w.jpg

Published by: SEGA

Developed by: Creative Assembly

Genre: Strategy

Release Date: TBA

IGN World Exclusive Reveal

It's been one of my basic assumptions here at IGN that there is no such thing as the "perfect" game. No matter how ambitious a designer's ideas might be, they will eventually encounter the limitations imposed by time, money or technology. While the results of working within these limitations can often be sublime, there's not a designer in this industry that hasn't wished for just a little bit more of whatever it would take to make their game better. Some of you might see that way of thinking as a reason to despair but I see it as a fundamental expression of hope and limitless potential for the PC development environment. It is, in my opinion, a fundamental belief for any fan of PC games.

Full article here

Announcement Trailer

• 8 months later...

^^omg... that looks awesome...I only played one game in this series.. Medievel 2:total war and it was pretty awesome... I think ill get that thing if its not too pricey...

any idea where to get it and price??..

If you enjoyed Medieval 2 then you will probably love this. I have been playing from their first game Shogun and I think Medieval 2 was one of their less impressive titles compared to the likes of Rome. Empire was a disaster on some aspects as well and it looks like CA is finally correcting their mistakes and bringing out another masterpiece.

Sega has only started to announce the various retailers selling various versions of Shogun 2 (there are 4 - standard, limited, collectors and grandmaster). So far this is only available on Game for 69 pounds. Hopefully better deals will come out as more retailers starts listing it.

Still need to get the last two TW games though, on my to do list for ever. :fear:

This is coming from a TW fan, but you can skip the last two games safely. The settings of Empire and Napoleon weren't really suited for the TW format IMO.

^^ u said Medieval 2 to be least impressive, but I loved it to bits. Still at times I engage myself in its Grand Campaign mode :).

The one that I didnt like much was Empire Total war campaign, despite having India (Marathas) as a playable faction, it was just way too overcomplicated. Few annoyances were like individual structural buildings getting conquered, loss on trade income not subjected to blockading of port but a pirate ship stationed anywhere on the map near the trade route. :furious:

to play this awesome game i would need to buy a new pc. I won't even give it a though for any other pc game, but this one sure tempts me a lot.

I spent some 100-200 hours on Medieval 2 and still players it, doesn't mean I didn't like it.

I said least impressive because they just copy pasted Rome's format and simply the changed the nations/units to match the age, without capturing the essence of warfare in medieval Europe. There were no standing armies or completely centralized ruling during that time. Being set in the feudal period, its a shame the game did not factor in feudalism in any way at all. But it was still definitely fun.

btw, what are your specs? You might still be able to run it in DX9/DX10 modes.

Are you talking about the Limited edition listed on game.co.uk (for 70 pounds)? But that does not have the figurine.

The details are not put up properly yet, and different sites are giving different descriptions.

It is possible that the Art of War replica + figurine and chess set might be for different LEs, and grandmaster edition comes with both. Let see.

And nothing has been announced for the US yet, it would most likely be cheaper there.

I spent some 100-200 hours on Medieval 2 and still players it, doesn't mean I didn't like it.

I said least impressive because they just copy pasted Rome's format and simply the changed the nations/units to match the age, without capturing the essence of warfare in medieval Europe. There were no standing armies or completely centralized ruling during that time. Being set in the feudal period, its a shame the game did not factor in feudalism in any way at all. But it was still definitely fun.

btw, what are your specs? You might still be able to run it in DX9/DX10 modes.

Medieval 2 was my 1st TW series game and then followed it up with RTW and expansions. The real time battles were indeed more fun in RTW, but the capaign lacked the many random events that happened in Medieval 2. Yes, maybe they got overinvolved with just the religion aspect and ignored others, but i preferred this than the clutter they gave in Empire TW.

My gaming laptop is giving probs, and the pc is way too underpowered to run this game. Are there any playable factions confirmed outside Japan for this game?

Archived